Do you need advice about Stockholm?

acjb

That's what I had read too and what I had been planning on. I'm am now thinking about the Stockholm card and the use of public transportation. We will be in Stockholm on June 10, a Monday.

The cards could be costly depending on what you are planning to visit. We will be using it for City Hall Tour/Tower, Vasa, Viking Museum and the Royal Armory/Royal Place Treasury. With the costs of these admissions and the usage of the public transportation, we feel it is a good value for us. Not to mention the convenience factor! Best of luck in your planning and enjoy your cruise!

Dolfans from Miami

Hi all, sorry for the random question, but I'm on this thread so much - I feel like it's home.

On my roll call, I want to delete a post. Can someone tell me how to delete an old post on the boards? It's about a month old.

Side note - I've been posting on my roll call since Sept 2012 (over 6 months) for people to join us in group tours for the Baltics, and I have not received one response in 6 months even after several attempts. This has been the hardest cruise to coordinate and budget for :(

All of the other cruises I've been on, people have been jumping at the opportunity to save money and create group tours outside of the ships. Bummer! And the roll call is not even active at all. They aren't even coming out to say they're here or that they want to start a meet and greet. Nothing at all. And what's crazy is that NCL says the cruise is almost full! All balconies are scarce, and the cruise is July 9th. wow.

Thanks all for the help! And sorry for the rant.

Hi all, sorry for the random question, but I'm on this thread so much - I feel like it's home.

On my roll call, I want to delete a post. Can someone tell me how to delete an old post on the boards? It's about a month old. I had the administrator delete one of mine.

All of the other cruises I've been on, people have been jumping at the opportunity to save money and create group tours outside of the ships. If you need a St. Petersburg tour Alla has group tour rates that they organize http://www.alla-tour.com/tours/ You can also add on tours in other ports.

Hope the notes in red help.

Edited by Alaskanb

Hello Stockholm experts.

Is the 24 hour SL Access card a viable option for cruisers? I mean can they be bought at the port (Stadsgarden) or is there a way to buy ahead of time?

The SL site says at certain metro stops and at news agents but anything at/near Stadsgarden?

Tried to find an SL email for info questions but no luck.

The cards could be costly depending on what you are planning to visit. We will be using it for City Hall Tour/Tower, Vasa, Viking Museum and the Royal Armory/Royal Place Treasury. With the costs of these admissions and the usage of the public transportation, we feel it is a good value for us. Not to mention the convenience factor! Best of luck in your planning and enjoy your cruise!

Dolfans from Miami

Considering what we are planning to visit, the Stockholm card will be about a wash but the convenience factor when traveling with 3 kids ages 17-10 is priceless. ;)

Millenia98---I certainly understand what you are saying about the roll call inactivity! Our last European cruise on NCL netted the same results with my thread...very little activity. I learned that the cruises we were on (Greek Islands out of Venice and W.Med)...was very popular with families from Southern and Eastern Europe. The demographics were such that I don't think there were a lot of folks using Cruise Critic to organize their tours and get information. We had a fabulous cruise - just didn't arrange any tours ahead of time with shipmates.

Just got an email from SPB tours who we are using in SPB that they now have Guided Tour of City Hall in Stockholm. There was a discussion last week that Alla did & SPB didn't. So now that factor is equal. Isn't competition wonderful?

As of the moment we are planning a DIY but the no early HOHO boats has thrown a crimp in plans and we have asked the local experts some questions in post 1231 to clarify our plans.

Just got an email from SPB tours who we are using in SPB that they now have Guided Tour of City Hall in Stockholm. There was a discussion last week that Alla did & SPB didn't. So now that factor is equal. Isn't competition wonderful?

As of the moment we are planning a DIY but the no early HOHO boats has thrown a crimp in plans and we have asked the local experts some questions in post 1231 to clarify our plans.

Yes, definitely! I got the same email as SPB. And actually, SPB is a little cheaper, they respond a tad faster and their website is much more organized. I prefer the "face-to-face" emailing directly to my email as well.

SPB offers a trip advisor or cruise critic discount, and I think with the discount and service, they're competittive and a bit cheaper than Alla.

I think I'm going with SPB tours for a 3 city tour especially now that they have a tour of city hall in Stockholm.

Millenia98---I certainly understand what you are saying about the roll call inactivity! Our last European cruise on NCL netted the same results with my thread...very little activity. I learned that the cruises we were on (Greek Islands out of Venice and W.Med)...was very popular with families from Southern and Eastern Europe. The demographics were such that I don't think there were a lot of folks using Cruise Critic to organize their tours and get information. We had a fabulous cruise - just didn't arrange any tours ahead of time with shipmates.

Oh boy. Yes, last year, we also did a Greek Isles tour and I had people knocking on my door (email) constantly asking to be added to our tour. It was a great time, but I definitely did not notice the lack of responses on that cruise.

This cruise may have even less Americans, so maybe that is why we're not getting many responses. Thanks for your insight. I didnt see it that way. :)

That is great to hear that SPb has decided to add City Hall to their tour menu! :). I was feeling quite sorry for those visitors who were signed up for the Stockholm tour through them that they would miss such a wonderful site! I agree, competition is a wonderful thing :).

Dolfans from Miami

I am hoping someone can provide me with the site I go to so that I can see where I am docked. I had this information somewhere and can't seem to locate it. I have in my notes that I am supposed to be docking at Stadsgarden S190 but now RCCL is telling me Frihamnen! I am sailing on the Brilliance of the Seas visiting Stockholm on May 31, 2013. Can someone help, please! Greatly appreciate it. :)

Dolfans from Miami

Also note that S167 is long enough and deep enough to accommodate your ship.

Thanks to you as well for the info! :). Any thoughts on who is correct? I am thinking either way is okay since I will be using the public transportation or maybe not?? I want to go to City Hall first to catch the early tour. Doesn't bus 76 go direct to Vasa from Frihamnen? I may need to change my plans around if Royal is in fact correct that we are docking there. I guess it is good to have a backup plan regardless. :)

Dolfans from Miami

I would assume the port is correct, but you are right that it is good to have a backup plan. Since I'll be at Vartahamnen and go right by Frihamnen on bus 76, I know you can use it for both the Vasa or stay on it until you get to Kungstradgarden, change to #62 to Stadshuset bus stop. At least that is my plan.

Edited to say:

Bus 76 takes you NEAR the Vasa. You have to walk across the bridge to get to it from the bus stop- Djurgardsbron.

Edited by SoBaycruiser

I would assume the port is correct, but you are right that it is good to have a backup plan. Since I'll be at Vartahamnen and go right by Frihamnen on bus 76, I know you can use it for both the Vasa or stay on it until you get to Kungstradgarden, change to #62 to Stadshuset bus stop. At least that is my plan.

Edited to say:

Bus 76 takes you NEAR the Vasa. You have to walk across the bridge to get to it from the bus stop- Djurgardsbron.

I would assume the port info is correct as well. But bus 76 is a good option just in case! Thanks for the bus 62 info as well. I think that is the way we will go just in case. BTW, if you don't mind me asking, how do you edit your posts? :confused: Is this something that you can do after you hit the submit reply button? I always wind up thinking of something else I would like to have added but it is always after I submit my post...drives me crazy! :eek:

I would assume the port info is correct as well. But bus 76 is a good option just in case! Thanks for the bus 62 info as well. I think that is the way we will go just in case. BTW, if you don't mind me asking, how do you edit your posts? :confused: Is this something that you can do after you hit the submit reply button? I always wind up thinking of something else I would like to have added but it is always after I submit my post...drives me crazy! :eek:

I think if no one else has responded, then your last post should have an edit option. You edit and then select save. I don't think you have the option on old posts.

On my roll call, I want to delete a post. Can someone tell me how to delete an old post on the boards? It's about a month old.

Side note - I've been posting on my roll call since Sept 2012 (over 6 months) for people to join us in group tours for the Baltics, and I have not received one response in 6 months even after several attempts. This has been the hardest cruise to coordinate and budget for :(

All of the other cruises I've been on, people have been jumping at the opportunity to save money and create group tours outside of the ships. Bummer! And the roll call is not even active at all. They aren't even coming out to say they're here or that they want to start a meet and greet. Nothing at all. And what's crazy is that NCL says the cruise is almost full! All balconies are scarce, and the cruise is July 9th. wow.

Are you trying to get together a small private tour? Since SPB and I think Alla have guaranteed prices for NCL Star passengers people probably don't feel the need to join your group. We just signed up online with SPB and they put the group together. I think that's what most of the people on our roll call did.

However, it sounds like your roll call is pretty quiet anyway. Ours for May 7 is very active. A lot of the people are also coming on the transatlantic from New Orleans.

I'm not really sure how the roll calls get started. I guess somebody just takes the initiative and starts it. Is it possible there could be two roll calls for your cruise or would the administrators catch that?

I think if no one else has responded, then your last post should have an edit option. You edit and then select save. I don't think you have the option on old posts.

Thanks! I will have to try that on my next post. :).

Edit: Yeah, it worked! I love our CC community!

Dolfans from Miami

Edited by dolfans0704

I want to know if we can buy the SL Access Card & get it loaded with a 24-hour pass somewhere at Arlanda Airport when we arrive on a Sunday in June?

http://sl.se/sv/Resenar/Valja-biljett/Kopstallen/Norra-lanet-och-Uppsala/

According to this page under headline Sigtuna kommun (Arlanda, Märsta och Sigtuna):

7-Eleven, domestic terminal Arlanda

Arlanda airport, all information desks in terminals 2 and 4, all info desks at arrivals hall in terminal 5.

Pressbyrån, Arlanda News Reguljär Terminal 5

Pressbyrån, Arlanda Reguljär Terminal 5

Pressbyrån, Arlanda arrivals/departure hall

Press Stop, Arlanda Charter Terminal 5.

Edited by Ultima Thule

You will have two options.

Option one is to either walk or go by bus #53 from Londonviadukten at Stadsgården to Slussen.

Then change to bus #76 from Slussen to Djurgårdsbron and from there walk about 500 meters to Vasa.

The other option is walking or going by bus to Slussen and from

there taking Djurgårdsfärjan to Allmänna Gränd at Djurgården and

walk a few hundred meters to Vasa.

Both options will take about the same amount of time.

Buses requires pre-paid tickets or coupons while Djurgårdsfärjan tickets can be bought with either cash or card.

Thanks Desdichado62. Can you address my questions in post #1231 please.

Hello Stockholm experts.

Is the 24 hour SL Access card a viable option for cruisers? I mean can they be bought at the port (Stadsgarden) or is there a way to buy ahead of time?

The SL site says at certain metro stops and at news agents but anything at/near Stadsgarden?

Tried to find an SL email for info questions but no luck.

This is the closest that I can find:

https://maps.google.se/maps?saddr=%C3%96stra+Tegelviksslingan&daddr=Folkungagatan+112,+116+30+Stockholm&hl=sv&ie=UTF8&ll=59.315345,18.095684&spn=0.01452,0.05918&sll=59.315367,18.093849&sspn=0.00363,0.014795&geocode=FTYYiQMdFB4UAQ%3BFfsUiQMdZPMTASlJB2D--HdfRjGJygvkBTWXyg&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=15

https://maps.google.se/maps?q=Folkungagatan+112&hl=sv&ie=UTF8&ll=59.315532,18.084741&spn=0.00363,0.014795&sll=59.315421,18.084711&layer=c&cbp=13,163.9,,2,3.35&cbll=59.315532,18.084571&hnear=Folkungagatan+112,+116+30+Stockholm,+Stockholms+l%C3%A4n&t=h&z=17&panoid=2K932d1PI0n_kMVoHO5-6w

IF you do facebook you can contact SL there: https://www.facebook.com/KanalSL

Edited by Desdichado62

Thanks Desdichado62. Can you address my questions in post #1231 please.

If you decide to go there to buy tickets, have in mind that you could get

to a stop for bus #76 and thus avoid the change at Slussen.

There is a stop slightly to the south of the place where you can buy tickets.

Its just south of the crossing between Resenstiernas Gata and Åsögatan.

https://maps.google.se/maps?saddr=%C3%96stra+Tegelviksslingan&daddr=Folkungagatan+112,+116+30+Stockholm+to:Renstiernas+gata&hl=sv&ie=UTF8&ll=59.314513,18.084741&spn=0.00726,0.02959&sll=59.314068,18.084845&sspn=0.000642,0.001849&geocode=FTYYiQMdFB4UAQ%3BFfsUiQMdZPMTASlJB2D--HdfRjGJygvkBTWXyg%3BFWQPiQMdofITAQ&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=mi&mrsp=2&sz=20&z=16

https://maps.google.se/maps?saddr=%C3%96stra+Tegelviksslingan&daddr=Folkungagatan+112,+116+30+Stockholm&hl=sv&ie=UTF8&ll=59.314301,18.084471&spn=0.000323,0.000925&sll=59.315367,18.093849&sspn=0.00363,0.014795&geocode=FTYYiQMdFB4UAQ%3BFfsUiQMdZPMTASlJB2D--HdfRjGJygvkBTWXyg&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=21&layer=c&cbll=59.314301,18.084471&panoid=o-gle7l7QJkw2YOqgzO7ng&cbp=12,189.16,,1,0

This will take you into the northern part of SoFo.

Hello all....I have just finished all 1252 posts on this thread! My cut and paste page on word is about 20 pages...now to sort through it all! Here is what I have gathered...

We are on RCCL Brilliance arriving 23 Aug in Stadtgarden.

Is what I have surmised about our options correct?

The Stockholm card covers all the places we would like to see...plus bus transportation (and tram). It does not cover HOHO boat or ferry. Cost would be about $75.

If we want to get to the Vasa fast...we would add another cost of 45SEK to take the HOHO boat and that would be an all day ticket on the HOHO boat. To take transportation tied to the Stockholm card...would require at least two buses and one tram to get from the pier to the Vasa (doable but thought of trying to catch the transportation at the right spot and make best use of time seems daunting).

If we do not prepurchase the Stockholm card...we pay as we go per museum and then have the HOHO boat from here to there. We could go to the Vasa...then over to City Hall to try to catch a tour....then back over to the Nordic Museum...(City Hall has priority in our time use)....then end up at Gamla Stan to walk and wander.

We are in dock from 8 to 4 (back to ship by 4)....

Is this doable?

I am also relooking the entire possibilities by booking an add on city with Alla which costs $75 and does have some free time at the end of the tour.

So am I tracking with options? Of all the posts, there were only a few that told how to get to the Vasa from Stangarden (sorry spelling) pier area using the Stockholm Card transportation (busses or trams)...did I miss something in this regard?

Thanks all for the wonderful information...especially the map, MP3 links, UTube links and so forth. Certainly glad I have time to get my plan together.