Bought a FCC - found out interesting info

KAWS

This makes no sense as FCCs are non-transferable.

Simple to do, even though they are not transferable.

You book two staterooms, one person using an FCC they purchased on a previous cruise, with a person who does not have an FCC or has never even cruised on Princess before. Same with the second stateroom, one FCC passenger and a newbie or someone who doesn't have an FCC.

Both of the second passengers pay only the $100 deposit and get the shipboard credit. Then when you get onboard, you go to the purser's desk and switch the names and accounts around so everyone is with who they intended to be with. :) It's been done for years.

This makes no sense as FCCs are non-transferable.

Buy two FCCs. One in your name and one in spouse's name.

Use one to book a cabin for yourself and a friend.

Use the other to book a cabin for spouse and a friend.

Once on board, switch who is in which cabin so you ard your spouse are together. (Do this at the Perser's desk.)

The consultant on the Star was no better than Kirk. She was rude, bossy and had zippo in the personality department. She also said the same thing Kirk did about needing 2, etc. and that Princess was notifying TA's, etc, etc. I only spoke with her because she happened to be sitting at her desk with no one there when I went to get the forms. I am normally a very calm person but she really got my blood pressure going. :eek: I think these consultants are selected for their lack of personality and knowledge. I wonder if they get a commission on every FCC they sell. :rolleyes:

Lynda, frankly I just do not bother talking to those people. I simply tell them I want for example two Fcc's, one in my name and one in DH name and that is that. No talking, asking questions, etc. Just give me my form and get on with life.:D Now of course if there is line or they are nto there I simply fill out the forms myself.

Marilyn

I agree, if only purchasing FCC's it isn't worth wasteing your time to even talk to the Future cruise consultant. I just fill out the form, and drop it in the box. Then make sure the receipt is in my mailbox before the final morning. So much less of a hassle then talking to them, as most of them are not very knowledgeable at all, we have found.

Marilyn and Toto, yes, I know all that. I guess I just wanted to see what she said after all the stuff I'd been reading over here. Believe me, I won't be having any conversations with them again! :p

Oh I see, you just wanted to compare how smart they AREN'T? LOL

I think these consultants are selected for their lack of personality and knowledge. I wonder if they get a commission on every FCC they sell. :rolleyes:

If it's not a commission, then it's probably a case where they have to move a certain number in order to keep their cushy 5 hour a week jobs.

May, i.e., two months ago, Princess has "gotten wise" (his words) to people that buy 2 FCC's and then book one for themselves and one for their friends.

Princess must have been reading the boards. :rolleyes:

See what happens when you let the cat out of the bag. :cool:..;)

The consultant on the Star was no better than Kirk. She was rude, bossy and had zippo in the personality department. She also said the same thing Kirk did about needing 2, etc. and that Princess was notifying TA's, etc, etc. I only spoke with her because she happened to be sitting at her desk with no one there when I went to get the forms. I am normally a very calm person but she really got my blood pressure going. :eek: I think these consultants are selected for their lack of personality and knowledge. I wonder if they get a commission on every FCC they sell. :rolleyes:

Sounds as tho we met here a couple of cruises ago. Piece of work. Rude, bossy are good words to describe her. We called her Witchy Woman and/or Cupcake. Glad to know where she is. Hope she is not on the Ruby next year:eek:

I Always thought the fcc were transferrable,if you switched your cruise to a different cruise,well until we get better wording or confirmation,i guess it stays the same? lol:rolleyes:

They are transferable to a different cruise; but not to a different person.

Mike:)

Lynda,

The woman was gone by the time I sailed on the Star. The guy there was nice but not very knowledgable and said the same thing "you need two".

Theresa

Maybe she was rude to the wrong person and got fired! Aw shucks, probably no such luck! :rolleyes:

Two things:

On the Crown last fall and on the Emerald this spring we met with and booked with very knowledgeable future cruise consultants. One of them knew every travel agent in the agengy we wanted the booked assigned to.

Checking with my trusted travel agency, I was told today that there has been no change in how the FCC's are handled. This morning they had booked a cruise using 1 FCC and an additional $100 for the 2nd passenger.

I never even considered one FCC of 100 dollars for 2 people. I always though the 100 per person per FCC. I guess you always learn things on the htreads. anyway we will just leave it the way it is. I always thought it's 100 bucks less than what I have to pay when we do our cruise. In the meantime they can have the earned interest on the FCC deposit. NO BIGGIE

We already have 2 FCC's, but when we were on the Crown last week, we purchased another one and I am sorry to say but they are different now. We asked for 2 but was told you will need 2 certificates, one for the wife and one for myself to get the full onboard credit. When we received the certificates in our cabin both of them have the same FCC # on them and also the SMALL print on the bottom of the certificate is no longer there:mad: Dawn, the future cruise consultant was very helpful and curteous.

So it looks like some of the ships have started to comply with Princess's new requirements.

I guess I'll find out for myself later this week...we just put an "option" on three 2011 cruises. With just three $100 FCCs between the 2 of us, I am hoping to simply add a credit card charge of $100 for each cruise and get the OBC for both of us. I'll let you know how it works out for me....

We already have 2 FCC's, but when we were on the Crown last week, we purchased another one and I am sorry to say but they are different now. We asked for 2 but was told you will need 2 certificates, one for the wife and one for myself to get the full onboard credit. When we received the certificates in our cabin both of them have the same FCC # on them and also the SMALL print on the bottom of the certificate is no longer there:mad: Dawn, the future cruise consultant was very helpful and curteous.

So it looks like some of the ships have started to comply with Princess's new requirements.

Forgot to add,Dawn did actually tell us we would have no problem just using ONE of the OLD certificates to get the credit for both of us as these certificates were produced before the recently made changes.

Pia, Perhaps people are trying to get as many posts as you have:);) LOL and $300 is nothing to be sniffed at!!!!

My posts are well earned. :D Also, I book a lot of cruises and I need a lot of FCC's. Would you believe I am currently out of them?

My posts are well earned. :D Also, I book a lot of cruises and I need a lot of FCC's. Would you believe I am currently out of them?

Pia, Nobody was disputing your posts are well earned!!!. It is a pity that you are not on this years Ruby TA instead of next years as I would of loved to buy you a drink from my $300 onboard FC credit.:)

Pia, Nobody was disputing your posts are well earned!!!. It is a pity that you are not on this years Ruby TA instead of next years as I would of loved to buy you a drink from my $300 onboard FC credit.:)

I've got two different Ruby TA's for next year. You can pick and choose another one. Also, I'm a cheap drinker. You'd be getting a bargain. :D

Archived