Bought a FCC - found out interesting info

KAWS

The gal on the Grand last year could not have been more unpleasant. She jusy screamed at me that she would report me to headquarters if I tried to book with only one FCC. Said she's worked for Princess for 12 years. The FCC guys on HAL are equally dim when it comes to knowing the facts about anything at all.

I've got two different Ruby TA's for next year. You can pick and choose another one. Also, I'm a cheap drinker. You'd be getting a bargain. :D

You never know, could very well be on the Oct 2010 Ruby TA as we use the TA's as our form of transport from home to home.

Have done 16 TA's on RCCL but am trying Princess as we are concerned with RCCL's deteriating standards and have enjoyed a couple of Princess cruises recently and hopefully about to book the Grand for Christmas and New Year.

Ok here are my final comments on this thread that I started.

I called my TA today to give her the FCC(s). She told me I need ONE of them for both of us to get the OBC and that the Princess future cruise rep was incorrect. A few hours later she emailed me my new confirmation showing the $100 OBC and I still have the other FCC here that I can use for another cruise.

So bottom line is Kirk was full of it and nothing has changed from the way it's been all the time and from now on I will absolutely listen to what my TA tells me.

Until a few months ago I had been booking with 2 FCC per cabin (for the 2 of us) having been told this by my TA who had called Princess to find out how these worked.

Thanks to Toto's posts I was able to have my current and future cruises changed to 1FCC plus $115Can. deposits.:)

I have 4 of my FCC receipts here in front of me and one them only has this on the bottom:

*Future Cruise Credit Deposit currency is non changeable and non transferable

**Offer not applicable to 3rd & 4th passengers in statement

(That's all it says)

Other FCC's say the same as others have posted *This offer applies to first two passengers in stateroom....."

I called my TA today to give her the FCC(s). She told me I need ONE of them for both of us to get the OBC and that the Princess future cruise rep was incorrect. A few hours later she emailed me my new confirmation showing the $100 OBC and I still have the other FCC here that I can use for another cruise.

So bottom line is Kirk was full of it and nothing has changed from the way it's been all the time and from now on I will absolutely listen to what my TA tells me.

Glad you got this straightened out. Hope it stays this way.

Kim, Hopefully the above wasn't yout last comment on this issue, my question to you is, were the FCC's that you used today purchased before the end of May 09 when certificates purchased with the new changes came into effect??

Kim, Hopefully the above wasn't yout last comment on this issue, my question to you is, were the FCC's that you used today purchased before the end of May 09 when certificates purchased with the new changes came into effect??

:D:D One more comment just for you!

No - we bought this coupon this last week while we were sailing on the Golden (July 22/09)

You never know, could very well be on the Oct 2010 Ruby TA as we use the TA's as our form of transport from home to home.

Have done 16 TA's on RCCL but am trying Princess as we are concerned with RCCL's deteriating standards and have enjoyed a couple of Princess cruises recently and hopefully about to book the Grand for Christmas and New Year.

If you do decide to book it, please pop into the roll call. I would be delighted to meet you.

My husband and I are booked on the first 2 segments of the Dawn Princess 2010 World Cruise leaving May 21, 2010 from Sydney to Dubai and then segment two is from Dubai to Southampton, for London. Our FCC is not good on World Cruises and they insist that they must refund the FCC. They are going to give us some OBC for the cruise, but still say they must cancel and refund the FCC's.

Just thought you might want to know about FCC's as they apply to World Cruises and segments of the world cruises.

My husband and I are booked on the first 2 segments of the Dawn Princess 2010 World Cruise leaving May 21, 2010 from Sydney to Dubai and then segment two is from Dubai to Southampton, for London. Our FCC is not good on World Cruises and they insist that they must refund the FCC. They are going to give us some OBC for the cruise, but still say they must cancel and refund the FCC's.

Just thought you might want to know about FCC's as they apply to World Cruises and segments of the world cruises.

Yes, they made this annoucement a couple of years ago. An FCC is not a sufficient deposit for any world cruise. Many tried to hold space with an FCC and were told it wasn't allowed.

Kirk started on the 4day Golden this May And was giving us this same line. He also was not even prepared for his "office hours" with his forms. He tried to tell me I needed to buy them for myself and DH and I told him to just purchase the FCC on my account only(I'm the one that has to do the bookings). He wasn't happy. I'm surprised you couldn't find him. He was always "shooting the bull" over at the pursers counter and has a loud booming voice. Hopefully he will be gone by Sept. You would think they would have longer hours and well trained people to take our money.

My DH has one FCC but I have used mine. I was going to purchase one next cruise but my question is: can my DH also purchase one even though he still has one pending? He would have two pending FCCs?

You can purchase as many FCC's as you wish. As far as I have seen, there is abolutely no limit. We have had 6 each in the past, all pending.

Kirk started on the 4day Golden this May And was giving us this same line. He also was not even prepared for his "office hours" with his forms. He tried to tell me I needed to buy them for myself and DH and I told him to just purchase the FCC on my account only(I'm the one that has to do the bookings). He wasn't happy. I'm surprised you couldn't find him. He was always "shooting the bull" over at the pursers counter and has a loud booming voice. Hopefully he will be gone by Sept. You would think they would have longer hours and well trained people to take our money.

Only to be assigned to another ship probably. :mad:

Just reporting back that today I successfully used 3 FCCs plus had another $300 charged to a credit card to book 3 cruises for 2011. We each had 2-$100 FCCs under our Captains Circle numbers. We used just three of them.

We used to use one each of our FCCs to book a single cruise until we read on this board that we didn't need to. This is the second year in a row we've been able to just add the extra deposit through a credit card charge.

It's a bit confusing. One of the people on our roll call asked the FCC consultant specifically whether you could use one FCC for a cabin and pay $100 for the 2nd person. They were told they couldn't as the 2nd person wouldn't receive an OBC. It wasn't clear if you could use one FCC and pay $100 for the 2nd person and just not get the OBC for that second person, or if you had to use an FCC per person to get the $100 deposit.

The FCC I purchased last week says exactly what the letter from "Kirk" said.

Just an FYI regarding a question posted a couple weeks ago. While many have stated that Princess is no longer giving out FCC share the wealth postcards, they still are honoring them. Since it states good for 2 years, I thought I might as well give it a try and while it didn't show on My Princess, I called and the onboard credit was posted in my traveling companions acct. Thought people might like to know!

It's a bit confusing. One of the people on our roll call asked the FCC consultant specifically whether you could use one FCC for a cabin and pay $100 for the 2nd person. They were told they couldn't as the 2nd person wouldn't receive an OBC. It wasn't clear if you could use one FCC and pay $100 for the 2nd person and just not get the OBC for that second person, or if you had to use an FCC per person to get the $100 deposit.

The FCC I purchased last week says exactly what the letter from "Kirk" said.

I used one FCC purchsed in May (same wording also) two days ago. Booked over the phone with Princess. That one FCC + $100 was the deposit for two people and we each get the OBC.

So, in practice, there is no change in how the FCC is applied even though the wording and * has changed from the past.

It's a bit confusing. They were told they couldn't as the 2nd person wouldn't receive an OBC. It wasn't clear if you could use one FCC and pay $100 for the 2nd person and just not get the OBC for that second person, or if you had to use an FCC per person to get the $100 deposit.

Your post prompted me to check our Captains Circle accounts. We did get an OBC for each of us, even the person paying the $100 deposit with a credit card.

But, interestingly, my Captains Circle Savings account does NOT show an OBC for a cruise in 2010 that we booked while on a cruise in 2009 with a $100 deposit for both of us. But when I look at our cruise confirmation, it DOES appear.

I guess I have to accept that I will never understand Princess accounting.

Your post prompted me to check our Captains Circle accounts. We did get an OBC for each of us, even the person paying the $100 deposit with a credit card.

But, interestingly, my Captains Circle Savings account does NOT show an OBC for a cruise in 2010 that we booked while on a cruise in 2009 with a $100 deposit for both of us. But when I look at our cruise confirmation, it DOES appear.

I guess I have to accept that I will never understand Princess accounting.

Many times for us, one of our Captain's Circle accounts will show the onboard credit, while the other one does not. Even though we both will receive it, and there has never been a problem with it being their once onboard. Not sure why Princess doesn't show it for both, as it would end a lot of confusion.

Many times for us, one of our Captain's Circle accounts will show the onboard credit, while the other one does not. Even though we both will receive it, and there has never been a problem with it being their once onboard. Not sure why Princess doesn't show it for both, as it would end a lot of confusion.

Exactly toto. We have cruises booked for 2009, 2010 and 2011 and the OBC only shows on either my DH's Captains circle or mine. It does not appear on both. For example our 2009 cruise is from a FCC that was my DH's and it appears on his but not on mine as I paid the $100.00 But every single time we both get the OBC when we board the ship.

Marilyn

Archived