Holiday Decorations?

lvislands

My expereince on the CB a couple of years ago, was they started putting decorations up immediately after Thanksgiving. I'm on the 11/28 Crown sailing this year and hope to see the ship decked out when I board. Fa -la -la -la -la! I understand Bert Stratton is going to be on board and I wish he would do a holiday sing along, something that was not done on my last holiday season cruise.

I've been on Sapphire and Diamond beginning the Saturday after Thanksgiving. As we got on the ship they were beginning to decorate for Christmas, and by about the third day they were done. It was interesting to watch the transformation.

Fern

I was on The Crown 2 years ago and I was very impressed with how much Christmas stuff Princess had both inside and outside of the ship. Amazing the number of decorated trees etc. you will see. Great job of keeping the holiday spirit going.

Our last cruise was a Mexican Riviera on cruise on the Golden starting 1 December. The ship was decorated for Christmas, including traditional carolers and snow in the main atrium. Yes there were several snow machines. It was so much fun.

• 1 month later...

Princess has a travelling team who visit each ship. The team completes a ship and then tries to time it to meet up with another in a port rather than flyingto the next place and losing a day. The aim is to have all ships decorated by Dec 15th. Hopefully yours gets done first!

That would be so cool to see snow in the atrium. I'll be on the Crown Dec 5th also. Has anybody else seen the snow on the Crown or any other Princess ship during Dec in the past?

They had snow in the atrium on the Diamond and the Golden on our Christmas cruises during the last two years. We are going back again on the Golden this Christmas so I hope it will be snowing again!

I hadn't thought of Christmas decorations !!!

We will be on the Emerald AFTER Christmas - from Jan 3-10. How long are the decorations kept up after the holidays ?

I can bring REAL snow in from Canada if anyone wants any... By that time last year we were up to our armpits...

My expereince on the CB a couple of years ago, was they started putting decorations up immediately after Thanksgiving. I'm on the 11/28 Crown sailing this year and hope to see the ship decked out when I board. Fa -la -la -la -la! I understand Bert Stratton is going to be on board and I wish he would do a holiday sing along, something that was not done on my last holiday season cruise.

Mek - we will also be on the 11/28 sailing and I had thought about the Christmas decor a few weeks ago, but what makes me most excited is that BERT STRATTON may be onboard!!!! My parents have cruised a few times with him and absolutely love him. They said if he was ever on our ship to go see him. Do you know this for sure??? I am doing the happy dance right now...whoohoo. See you on the ship!

Thank you,

I thought I remember the snow show only being done on Christmas? Have they changed that now?

We sailed a couple of years ago, after they announced the fake snow thing and disembarked on December 23rd. Although the ship was beautifully decorated for our 14 day sailing, there was no snow show onboard during that sailing.

If you are Jewish and sail at the holiday time, you will find LOTS of very nice Jewish people on board.:) I had such a fun cruise! When the violinist came out during a show and played "Hava na'gila" everybody got up and danced!

We sailed the Star over Christmas 2005. We took along garland and small ornaments for our door and that of our daughters. Very festive. LOTS of cabin doors were decorated, some people did their balconies, too. The ship was beautifully decorated, they held a carol sing in the atrium and held both Catholic and Protestant services on Christmas Eve. One of our most memorable cruises!

Archived