Onboard the Liberty! No more "cruise compass"

We are onboard the beautiful Liberty and have just seen that there is no longer the cruise compass. It's now called "Why Not Today". It looks more like the Carnival Capers. It's totally redesigned. I don't know if this has been posted or not, just thought I would pass it along! If I can post a picture I will try, if not I will scan when we return next saturday :).

Scared me for a second there. I thought the thread was going to say there is NO printed communication at all.

We are on the Liberty in 1 week, so I just have 1 question:

Does the new format still tell you all the information the old one did?

KruzeRcI

We were on Liberty end of May. Hope you have as good a cruise as we did.

One thing I would like to ask of you, can you give us a food review either while there or after you are back. We thought it was one of the best (except for Enchantment) and would like to know if it was a fluke or not.

I know food is sooooooooooooooooo subjective but we do not require 5 star, just a good meal.

Tim

KruzeRcI

We were on Liberty end of May. Hope you have as good a cruise as we did.

One thing I would like to ask of you, can you give us a food review either while there or after you are back. We thought it was one of the best (except for Enchantment) and would like to know if it was a fluke or not.

I know food is sooooooooooooooooo subjective but we do not require 5 star, just a good meal.

Tim

We just ate in the WJ. This is the happiest crew I've ever seen, but I hate to say our first meal was not good. Quality has definitely dropped since last year, but that was just one meal, hopefully things will turn around. On a lighter note, it's hot and sunny in Miami and Sorrentos is the best pizza we've had on any cruise!

As long as they still include the tear off schedule I'm happy. I always keep the one in the room clean and save them as souvenirs and then get a new one in the morning. I carry that rip off schedule portion with me all day to keep up on what's happening. I never really look at the rest of it at all so with the exception of the name change I doubt I would have even noticed a format change.

We just ate in the WJ. This is the happiest crew I've ever seen, but I hate to say our first meal was not good. Quality has definitely dropped since last year, but that was just one meal, hopefully things will turn around. On a lighter note, it's hot and sunny in Miami and Sorrentos is the best pizza we've had on any cruise!

Thanks!

Our first meal was in the WJ and fortunately for us, we were one of the first on the ship so the food was very fresh and good. Hopefully your meals will get better.

Gotta love the Sorrentos pizza!!! We had some spinach (sp) pizza the first day and loved it.

Have a great cruise!!!

Tim

Muster drill was easy. Fifteen minutes and no lifejackets. Were pulling out of Miami behind the Carnival Liberty. Looks like the Destiny may be having trouble as she's still in port and was scheduled to leave before us. This will probably be my last post before Saturday. But I will save the new daily planners and post a review when we get back.

Muster drill was easy. Fifteen minutes and no lifejackets. Were pulling out of Miami behind the Carnival Liberty. Looks like the Destiny may be having trouble as she's still in port and was scheduled to leave before us. This will probably be my last post before Saturday. But I will save the new daily planners and post a review when we get back.

Have a great trip!!!! Thanks for posting:)

I have never been on Carnival. Can someone explain the difference between the two types of publications? Thanks

I've been on both lines in one month and definitely like the layout and info provided on the RCI Compass MUCH better than the Carnival Capers. Both have the tear-off piece to carry around (well both *did*, not sure about the new RCI one but good grief that's a no-brainer to keep in the format).

The Carnival one had "ads" for the spa and events, whereas the RCI one was more descriptive and laid out in a more logical way.

All IMHO, of course. :)

~gigi

We are onboard the beautiful Liberty and have just seen that there is no longer the cruise compass. It's now called "Why Not Today". It looks more like the Carnival Capers.

Can I assume you're not on the Carnival Liberty? :D

Have a great cruise!

Will be on the Liberty (Eastern) in September. Can't wait to read your review and see the daily planners!! :)

We felt the same way about the Liberty crew! We'll be back on board in 3 weeks and hope to see several of them again. I'd love to see copies of the new compass if you have a chance. Enjoy the week!

Will

KruzeRCI or HB Crusier,

Does Sorrento's only serve pizza or can you get any other items there? Thanks.

Lisa

Sorrentos serves a few other items, but it's primarily pizza. We love to stop by and grab the small cups of tiramisu as we walk by.

KruzeRCI or HB Crusier,

Does Sorrento's only serve pizza or can you get any other items there? Thanks.

Lisa

They also serve salads there.

Just down the street (Promonade ;) ) is the Promonade Cafe that has sandwiches, deserts, and so forth. You will not go hungry. LOL

Tim

They also serve salads there.

Just down the street (Promonade ;) ) is the Promonade Cafe that has sandwiches, deserts, and so forth. You will not go hungry. LOL

Tim

May be a dumb question, but what types of sandwiches, desserts, etc. do they offer? I mean, do they offer good deli-like sandwiches, or are they finger sandwiches, plain, fancy, etc.? As for desserts and snacks, any examples of what they offer? We're traveling with our 2 kids, and they are frequent snackers....need to know where to go for between-meal snacks.

May be a dumb question, but what types of sandwiches, desserts, etc. do they offer? I mean, do they offer good deli-like sandwiches, or are they finger sandwiches, plain, fancy, etc.? As for desserts and snacks, any examples of what they offer? We're traveling with our 2 kids, and they are frequent snackers....need to know where to go for between-meal snacks.

You hit the nail on the head, smaller deli-like and finger sized. There is all kind of deserts, pie, cake, fruit, you name it.

As I said trying to be funny but now serious, they will not go hungry between the Windjammer, Sorrentos, and Cafe Promonade.

Tim

Sorrentos on Liberty of the Seas has the best pizza, dessert cups (you must try the tiramisu) and they have really good salads and pickled veggies. Cafe Promenade has really great coffee and cookies!!

Archived