Casual Dining?

CrabbyHarper

I don't recall Casual Dining on Solstice but it could have been offered. I noticed on Solstice and Century there is now a very small buffet at night---pizza, pasta, etc. I believe that is fairly new.

We are RCI cruisers going on our first Celebrity Cruise this Nov. Is the "Oceanview Cafe" (Celebrity's Windjammer) or "OceanView Cafe" not open for dinner every night?

We've been on Century & M Class and neither has the full buffet.

Instead there is made-to-order pasta bar, salad bar and pizza. PLUS there is "casual dining" set up in the buffet seating area. This is sit-down, served dinner with a more casual menu. There is a suggested $2 per person gratuity, and the servers are waiters in training. They have different meals than in the dining room or room service - things like lasagna, fish & chips, ribs, etc. We really like casual dining, especially on nights when you may not want to do the whole big dinner thing. :)

We are RCI cruisers going on our first Celebrity Cruise this Nov. Is the "Oceanview Cafe" (Celebrity's Windjammer) or "OceanView Cafe" not open for dinner every night?

Hi Darrell and Donna:)

Janine pretty much summed it up;)...on the C and M class

ships there has never been a "Full Dinner Buffet".

They do offer quite a few choices besides the Main Dining room

but it is not a buffet as you would get for breakfast and lunch.

They offer Pizza/Pasta and Sushi and they also have

what is called "Alternative Dining". You are served on linen,

off a menu with wait staff in training. They request a 2.00

per person gratuity and they ask you to make a reservation BUT

they usually take walk-ups when space is available.

Janine, her hubby, myself and 4 other friends from our roll

call ate there on CENTURY back in April and it was really nice:).

Food was good, company was great:). The atmosphere is more casual.

As for the S class ships? I don't know the set up on them but

maybe someone who has sailed Solstice and/or Equinox

can give you some first hand information.

Originally posted by Water Baby:

We've been on Century & M Class and neither has the full buffet.

Instead there is made-to-order pasta bar, salad bar and pizza. PLUS there is "casual dining" set up in the buffet seating area. This is sit-down, served dinner with a more casual menu. There is a suggested $2 per person gratuity, and the servers are waiters in training. They have different meals than in the dining room or room service - things like lasagna, fish & chips, ribs, etc. We really like casual dining, especially on nights when you may not want to do the whole big dinner thing. :)

I am sailing on the Century this weekend (Amsterdam to Barcelona). Is there a dress code for the casual dining in the buffet seating area? Can we wear jeans? Thanks for your help. :)

JVS tells me there is a dinner buffet on the Equinox but is has less items on it compared to breakfast and lunch.

There are the various items mentioned in other posts, such as sushi, pasta, pizza, etc but Celebrity has never had a dinner buffet fleetwide since their inception....

Don.

Equinox will have when I sail in December a traditional dinner buffet just as for lunch and breakfast except the dinner buffet has many less items to choose from.

If you are saying there is no Dinner buffet at all then I think you are mistaken but if you are saying there is one but it only has pizza, pasta and sushi on it then I can believe that also.

Don.

Equinox will have when I sail in December a traditional dinner buffet just as for lunch and breakfast except the dinner buffet has many less items to choose from.

If you are saying there is no Dinner buffet at all then I think you are mistaken but if you are saying there is one but it only has pizza, pasta and sushi on it then I can believe that also.

As I stated there is the pizza, pasta, sushi, probably a couple other things but there is not and never has been on any Celebrity ship a dinner buffet as you would have for breakfast or lunch....I only point it out because people expect a dinner buffet and then come back and complain there isn't one...Unless you have some inside info there will not be one on Equinox in Dec.

The Celebrity fleet other than the Solstice Class (Solstice, Equinox) has a limited choice of buffet in the night. Instead of a large buffet, we provide a sit down Casual Dining experience to our guests at Buffet Area on our other ships.

On Solstice and Equinox we have a larger buffet for dinner comparing to other ships on the fleet however the choices are still less than our lunch offerings. I just wanted to clarify to prevent any misunderstanding.

The Celebrity fleet other than the Solstice Class (Solstice, Equinox) has a limited choice of buffet in the night. Instead of a large buffet, we provide a sit down Casual Dining experience to our guests at Buffet Area on our other ships.

On Solstice and Equinox we have a larger buffet for dinner comparing to other ships on the fleet however the choices are still less than our lunch offerings. I just wanted to clarify to prevent any misunderstanding.

Which is exactly what I said, Celebrity has never had a full buffet for dinner on any of their ships...

Which is exactly what I said, Celebrity has never had a full buffet for dinner on any of their ships...

Don, I think its Deja Vue all over again;)

I've read about other lines (specifically Princess) that offer, for a fee, a verandah dining option which allows you to order off the MDR menu and be served in your own cabin complete with tablecloth, waiter etc... Does Celebrity offer such a thing?

If you're in a suite, I believe that's a part of the butler service, no extra charge.

If you're in a regular verandah cabin, you can certainly get the MDR food as rooms service during dinner hours, but I'm not sure if they'd set you up with a tablecloth and waiter service.

If you're in a suite, I believe that's a part of the butler service, no extra charge.

If you're in a regular verandah cabin, you can certainly get the MDR food as rooms service during dinner hours, but I'm not sure if they'd set you up with a tablecloth and waiter service.

Your Butler will serve you in your suite course by course while in all other cabins they will serve it to you all at once. Celebrity has had this for many years and it is no charge in all cabins...

I've read about other lines (specifically Princess) that offer, for a fee, a verandah dining option which allows you to order off the MDR menu and be served in your own cabin complete with tablecloth, waiter etc... Does Celebrity offer such a thing?

Hi - that sounds like the Ultimate Balcony Dinner on Princess. You don't order off the dinner menu, it's a special Steak and Lobster dinner with champagne, appetizers, cocktails, etc.

We booked a sky suite on the SOLSTICE specifically for the "in room dining" since we dont enjoy formal nights. It was a wonderful alternative and we'll do it again if we sail on Celebrity in the future. The butler was very attentive and really seemed to enjoy it.

on Celebrity M class ships you can order in your cabin and have a waiter set it up and it is free of charge.

Archived