OMG!! Oasis Invite!!

Michuck

Originally Posted by Michuck viewpost.gif

My hubby and I were just contacted by Royal Carribean to be their guest on a 2 nite inaugural event on the Oasis of the Seas!! and WE CAN'T GO!!! We will be taking care of my eldery Mom while her caretaker is away for Thanksgiving....I would have loved to go - but having my Mom (who is 92!!) around for Thanksgiving is a higher priority.....it was so exciting to be invited though!!

M.

=Sooner-b-Crusin;21050830]I would give a thousand trips on the Oasis to have ONE more Thanksgiving with my wonderful Mom !!!!!

I'm so glad you made that choice. There will be other times you can sail on the Oasis....:)

What you have both written is beautiful and it brought tears to my eyes.

I could not agree more with what both of you said.

WOW, too bad you cant go, but atleast you know rccl is thinking of you :) glad to hear youll be able to sepdn it with your mom instead.

I wish they would invite me or even just invite me to peek at the oasis in the ship yard as I live less then a HOUR away from where she is being built... heh guess diamond plus status doesnt do that either :P a guy can hope

Thanks for the kind words, all. Even though we get to spend just about every weekend with her, I don't want to leave her with someone 'strange' while we'd be cruising and her caretaker is away. She's an amazing woman....

To answer some of the other questions:

We've gone on 28 RCCL cruises.

I'm blonde....(tee hee – that’s all the info you’re getting on that!!)....

I was contacted by email and thought it was a hoax so I called RCCL and, sure enough, it was real….

I did tell them the reason I couldn’t sail and asked that they keep me in mind for the next one!.....

The last oh, I’d say, 7 or 8 cruises we booked directly with RCCL. Our schedule is crazy with Mom and our jobs, so we often book, cancel and rebook at a later time, and I hated putting a TA through all our changes – it’s simpler just to do it online.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed someone else from here gets an invite!!

Congrats to those that have invites. Interesting though that they are inviting folks with 20-30 cruises and not inviting folks with 50+. I can understand it would be easiest for them to invite all the S FL folks but looks like some folks are from other places too. Shouldn't make any difference whether you live in S FL or Timbuktu...they should start at "the top of the C&A food chain."

Congrats to those that have invites. Interesting though that they are inviting folks with 20-30 cruises and not inviting folks with 50+. I can understand it would be easiest for them to invite all the S FL folks but looks like some folks are from other places too. Shouldn't make any difference whether you live in S FL or Timbuktu...they should start at "the top of the C&A food chain."

Ya think?!?!?!? :rolleyes::(:mad::p

Thanks for the kind words, all. Even though we get to spend just about every weekend with her, I don't want to leave her with someone 'strange' while we'd be cruising and her caretaker is away. She's an amazing woman....

To answer some of the other questions:

We've gone on 28 RCCL cruises.

I'm blonde....(tee hee – that’s all the info you’re getting on that!!)....

:D:D

From what I read somewhere (the Oasis threads?) there will be more than one pre-inaugural. I'm sure that they will accomodate their most frequent cruisers - they always have, so there's no reason to believe that they would stop now....

I have a 4 day weekend that week...I'm not D+ amd have never been invited to anything....think RCL will feel sorry for me & invite me this time??:D

OP, I agree with the others though...it's very caring of you to turn down the invite to spend the holiday with your mom..

I have a 4 day weekend that week...I'm not D+ amd have never been invited to anything....think RCL will feel sorry for me & invite me this time??:D

OP, I agree with the others though...it's very caring of you to turn down the invite to spend the holiday with your mom..

KC-you deserve that invite..........:)

Now,Now...i didnt say that......dont go putting words in my mouth:rolleyes:

You better not be holding out on us, PH!;) It would be nice to finally get invited to SOMETHING! I'm available any time any place. Just give me 5 hours notice - 2 hours to do laundry & to pack and 3 hours to drive! I'm good to go!!!

KC - I think the "belles" (and former belle) should be invited together.

Archived