OMG!! Oasis Invite!!

Michuck

Open Bar!!!! Free Booze!!!!

I don't drink so all of that would be lost on me. ;):D

I emailed RCl and the reply was that the cut off for an invite was 100 cruise credits but that's a lie.

Yeah, that's a lie. They need to teach their customer service reps the art of claiming ignorance. Not being ignorant, literally. ;)

The reps should be saying "Oh I am sorry, we have NO IDEA how the invites are being sent out. THat comes from a department hire up and we aren't privy to that info"

INSTEAD of - the invites are going out to X number of cruises. Because we all know that's bs. :)

I too called C&A, the cruise that they are contacting members for is on Nov 20th for 2 nights. They have started with those who have the most cruises. I suspect that these emails are coming from 2 different sorces. Especially since those posting here have been invited for a different date. Let's be patient and keep hoping we are contacted :)

I spoke to C&A about something else today, then asked them again about the Oasis dates. I have to correct what I heard. I don't hear in my right ear and for some reason that's always where I use the phone. I heard incorrectly, the date I was really told was 11/27, not 11/20 as I previous posted.

We're far down the list, so we have not been invited, however our fingers and toes are crossed too. :)

Congrats to all those who are going!

Hi there!! I got a phone call today to invite me on this sailing!!! I wasn't home at the time but as soon as I got the message I was jumping around crazie!!! I immediately went to check for the email they talked about, sure enough there it was. I am going to have to check my email more often!!! I called and confirmed as soon as my hubby got home and I told him. They said I would get another call in about 2 weeks to go over all details.

A little about me. I am diamond members with 23 cruises completed, including the cruise I was married on in 2003. Best cruise ever!!! We have not sailed since December of 2007; we had a little girl shortly after and have not had the time!!!

All I know about the sailing is its 2 nights and we are guaranteed a balcony. I have no clue how they picked ppl but the email was addressed to me and my husband as a couple.

I am so excited to be going!! I have never been on a pre-inaugural cruise before and don't know what its going to be like!! If anyone can tell me about them I would love to know!!!

Can't wait till 11/27 :D

Mia

Same here!!! Recieved email confirmation for guaranteed balcony although my dates are for 11/22/09, a week before Thanksgiving!!! So excited to go!!! Not entirely sure how I got picked but thankful that I was!!!

Congrats to all those that have received invites! However, my question is.....Prior to getting the invite for the "freebie" did you already have Oasis booked for another date?

Nope i DID NOT already book on oasis. or and other RCCL Ship for that matter. I have not cruised RCCL or any one else since December of 2007!!! it has been to long i know. maybe they are trying to get me going again. ;)

Mia

to be invited as a C and A member,one has to have 100 credits.......the ones being invited with less are not being invited cuz of their C and A status.....some other unbeknown(to me) reason.......

Maybe the invites are going to those who haven't cruised in a couple of years. Or maybe they're just picking names out of a hat?

It maybe has to do with how many times you cruise per year.

According to post #56 being Diamond Plus doesn't seem to be a requirement for the invite. They also state they haven't cruised since December 2007. I think from the posts on this thread the company line about only those with 100 credits being chosen is baloney.

According to post #56 being Diamond Plus doesn't seem to be a requirement for the invite. They also state they haven't cruised since December 2007. I think from the posts on this thread the company line about only those with 100 credits being chosen is baloney.

Sorry i missed that post. Yes i know you dont have to be D+ but i also know you dont need 100 credits for a balcony.

Archived