OMG!! Oasis Invite!!

Michuck

Curiosity just got the better of me so I called crown and Anchor. I was told they are starting with the people with the most cruises and working their way down the list. I mentioned that can't be so since diamond members are reporting on cruise critic that they were invited and they are only diamond members. YOU WON'T BELIEVE HIS ANSWER..............He said they must all be lying because it's going down the list from high to low on how many cruises you have. I'm still trying to digest that response.

I'm curious why diamond members are invited and not D+, any explanations?

Curiosity just got the better of me so I called crown and Anchor. I was told they are starting with the people with the most cruises and working their way down the list. I mentioned that can't be so since diamond members are reporting on cruise critic that they were invited and they are only diamond members. YOU WON'T BELIEVE HIS ANSWER..............He said they must all be lying because it's going down the list from high to low on how many cruises you have. I'm still trying to digest that response.

well here is a copy of what my email said:

GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d63018e15-3e1e-43e0-bc30-62f875cded7b%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d_3d%26name%3dQVRUMDAwMDA_3d%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a_2_077BC6FC077BC3F4006DB6EF85257623&oneredir=1&ip=10.6.1.39&d=d776&mf=32&a=01_b9eaa6841cb81615e6a41eb4145e891283dfa94595204d063d5f1bd84f4906e9

Dear Donald & Mia Smith,

Royal Caribbean is delighted to extend to you as a couple an exclusive invitation to a special event onboard our newest ship, the OASIS of the SEASSM. As one of our most valued guests, we are pleased to offer you a complimentary balcony stateroom on a 2-night pre-inaugural sailing on November 27, 2009.

In addition, as this is a pre-inaugural event, you will be treated to sneak previews of all this wonderful ship has to offer. Be among the first to experience the largest and most revolutionary cruise ship in the world, an architectural marvel at sea spanning 16 decks and featuring 2,700 staterooms. Oasis of the Seas will be the first ship with our new neighborhood concept of seven distinct themed areas, which include Central Park,SM, BoardwalkSM, the Royal Promenade, the Pool and Sports Zone, Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center, Entertainment Place and Youth Zone. You will also experience some of the incredible dining and entertainment that will make an Oasis of the Seas cruise a vacation unlike any other.

This much anticipated ship is nearly complete and we are excitedly awaiting the arrival of Oasis of the Seas in her brand new terminal at Port Everglades-Ft. Lauderdale. As one of our most loyal cruisers, you will have the opportunity to experience her first-hand as she sails out for this event full of surprises for our special guests.

Please note, there is limited space which we will give out on a first come, first served basis. Please hit “Reply” now and respond to this invitation or call Royal Caribbean at (800) 590-6209.

After receiving your initial confirmation, your name will be entered into our Special Events online management system and you will receive a series of emails as follow-up, full of information including information on directions to the Port, transfers, parking and dress code. Keep a look out for these emails, as I do not want you to miss out on this unique and exclusive experience.

Right now, let me give you an overview of the event details.

Event Details

Check In: 11/27/2009 2:30:00 PM

Disembarkation: 11/29/2009 7:30:00 AM

Port Everglades-Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Terminal 18, OASIS of the SEAS

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Please note that the minimum age limit to attend the event is 21 years old.

Due to enhanced security measures, the registration process must be completed in its entirety to be valid. If you are bringing a guest please ensure that you register their details.

If you have any additional questions at this time, please email Xplora@rccl.com or call (800) 590-6209.

We are very excited to be able to extend this special invitation to you, as a valued guest, and look forward to welcoming you aboard the Oasis of the Seas in November.

Best regards,

Betsy O’Rourke Senior Vice President, Marketing

Royal Caribbean International

and i have are 23 cruise credits making me ONLY diamond not diamond plus... that guy must not know what he is talking about is all i can think

I too called C&A, the cruise that they are contacting members for is on Nov 20th for 2 nights. They have started with those who have the most cruises. I suspect that these emails are coming from 2 different sorces. Especially since those posting here have been invited for a different date. Let's be patient and keep hoping we are contacted :)

I too called C&A, the cruise that they are contacting members for is on Nov 20th for 2 nights. They have started with those who have the most cruises. I suspect that these emails are coming from 2 different sorces. Especially since those posting here have been invited for a different date. Let's be patient and keep hoping we are contacted :)

Thank you for the informative and upbeat post. :) My fingers, arms, toes, feet, and legs are crossed!!

Not so true..........friend of mine got an invite for Nov 27th....he's on that list of those with most cruises..

I have been hearing so many conflicting stories.......who the heck knows the truth...........maybe just the higher ups at RCCL...........I wouldnt quite believe what a C and A rep tells you..

lol I guess with my 3 RC cruises that I will be waaaaaaay down the list then;)

GetAttachment.aspx&hm__qs=file%3d63018e15-3e1e-43e0-bc30-62f875cded7b%26ct%3daW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d_3d%26name%3dQVRUMDAwMDA_3d%26inline%3d1%26rfc%3d0%26empty%3dFalse%26imgsrc%3dcid%253a_2_077BC6FC077BC3F4006DB6EF85257623&oneredir=1&ip=10.6.1.39&d=d776&mf=32&a=01_b9eaa6841cb81615e6a41eb4145e891283dfa94595204d063d5f1bd84f4906e9

Dear Donald & Mia Smith,

Royal Caribbean is delighted to extend to you as a couple an exclusive invitation to a special event onboard our newest ship, the OASIS of the SEASSM. As one of our most valued guests, we are pleased to offer you a complimentary balcony stateroom on a 2-night pre-inaugural sailing on November 27, 2009.

In addition, as this is a pre-inaugural event, you will be treated to sneak previews of all this wonderful ship has to offer. Be among the first to experience the largest and most revolutionary cruise ship in the world, an architectural marvel at sea spanning 16 decks and featuring 2,700 staterooms. Oasis of the Seas will be the first ship with our new neighborhood concept of seven distinct themed areas, which include Central Park,SM, BoardwalkSM, the Royal Promenade, the Pool and Sports Zone, Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center, Entertainment Place and Youth Zone. You will also experience some of the incredible dining and entertainment that will make an Oasis of the Seas cruise a vacation unlike any other.

This much anticipated ship is nearly complete and we are excitedly awaiting the arrival of Oasis of the Seas in her brand new terminal at Port Everglades-Ft. Lauderdale. As one of our most loyal cruisers, you will have the opportunity to experience her first-hand as she sails out for this event full of surprises for our special guests.

Please note, there is limited space which we will give out on a first come, first served basis. Please hit “Reply” now and respond to this invitation or call Royal Caribbean at (800) 590-6209.

After receiving your initial confirmation, your name will be entered into our Special Events online management system and you will receive a series of emails as follow-up, full of information including information on directions to the Port, transfers, parking and dress code. Keep a look out for these emails, as I do not want you to miss out on this unique and exclusive experience.

Event Details

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Please note that the minimum age limit to attend the event is 21 years old.

Due to enhanced security measures, the registration process must be completed in its entirety to be valid. If you are bringing a guest please ensure that you register their details.

If you have any additional questions at this time, please email Xplora@rccl.com or call (800) 590-6209.

We are very excited to be able to extend this special invitation to you, as a valued guest, and look forward to welcoming you aboard the Oasis of the Seas in November.

Best regards,

and i have are 23 cruise credits making me ONLY diamond not diamond plus... that guy must not know what he is talking about is all i can think

That is so awesome...

We are sailing out of Miami on the 30th...would be estactic to sail on Oasis 2 days before our sailing...but with only 10 cruises one could just dream...

I'm curious why diamond members are invited and not D+, any explanations?

They are evidently going by # of cruises, not C&A cruise credits. A D member could have more cruises than a D+ who gained credits by booking suites and/or longer cruises.

Rick and Deirdra

Dear Donald & Mia Smith,

Event Details

Best regards,

Oh, I am SO calling and just innocently RSVP'ing...............................................................

I guess if they are going with the most cruises I am way down on the list with 10...would love to go...

All of you that get invited and can go...enjoy! and make sure you come back and tell us all about it...

lol I guess with my 3 RC cruises that I will be waaaaaaay down the list then;)

Apparently you are as likely as anyone to get an invitation.................... :rolleyes:

And let us know how you like your loft suite!:p

How many can we fit in there without resorting to doubling up in the sofabed?

I'll take you all with me!

I wanna know what they say!!!!:D can't hurt to try!

ppppsssssssssssssssssstttttttttttttttt.....................

If I were you, Mia, I would ask the mods (HostKaren@rccl.com, HostMike@rccl.com, HostJacquelyn@rccl.com) to erase your real names from those posts.....................

(unless, of course, your last name ISN"T Smith, and you already thought of that! ;))

Apparently you are as likely as anyone to get an invitation.................... :rolleyes:

How many can we fit in there without resorting to doubling up in the sofabed?

I'll take you all with me!

I'll take the sofa bed...no problem!!:D

I wish they would invite me or even just invite me to peek at the oasis in the ship yard as I live less then a HOUR away from where she is being built... heh guess diamond plus status doesnt do that either :P a guy can hope

I just wanted to mention that my daughter visited and fell in love with your country this summer! She spent some time, with friends, in Helsinki and surrounding areas (as well as some time in Amsterdam which she also adored). But she was so enchanted with your locale that she is looking into relocating to the area in the future.

I'm still waiting for my invite. Did I mention that we will be getting off the Nav TA a few days before these pre-inaug. cruises? And that I can modify my trip north on JetBlue real cheap? And that we will have 20 credits after the Nav TA. And that.................

We are also waiting, and waiting and waiting . . . Did we mention that we have Air already booked to FLL several days prior to our Dec. 1 Oasis sailing? We can do a Consecutive Cruise on Oasis, no problem. And we are at, after Majesty in two weeks, 28 credits. And, after Oasis, another four cruises booked.

Good luck to all of us!

Rick and Deirdra

Oh Heck! I just called C&A tonight to see what they'd say and they have no clue (or so they say they have no clue). I'm bummed that the line drawn is at 20+, as I am always right at the bubble. Just when I think I'll have it, it's gone to someone else higher up. BUMMER. I would just about do ANYTHING to be on that Nov. 27 sailing. That's my birthday!!!! I wanted to do it with a B2B Dec 1 sailing. BUMMER!!!!!! HELP ANYONE! :):):):):):)

Archived