Advice needed on upsell with our grown kids.....cannot decide!

BaileyandBella

My husband and I are cruising to Alaska in an inside obstructed cabin.

Our son, DIL and 18 month old granddaughter will be nearby, straight across the elevator bank.

We got an email offer today for a balcony for $180 pp for my husband and I. I would love a balcony, but it may be much farther away from our kids.

Trying to weigh to pros and cons......any input??

I'd say take the balcony. The views are great and all of the adults can enjoy the balcony. Also it gives you a place to keep the baby while she naps or in her pack and play and still enjoy scenery.

I thought of that, but they would have to drag the crib over to our cabin?

I'd say take the balcony. The views are great and all of the adults can enjoy the balcony. Also it gives you a place to keep the baby while she naps or in her pack and play and still enjoy scenery.

Just thinking out loud :) This is our 5th Alaskan cruise and I know that during actual cruising, it's FREEZING on the balcony.

Worst case--you are inside looking out thru the balcony doors to enjoy the scenery.

You can request a Pack and Play crib for your room. If shoreside says no or says it is too late, ask your steward on the ship. If steward says he can't (sorry, our steward said no to every request), ask guest services. I have a hard time believing that every crib on the ship is in use.

We were told that we couldn't have a blanket....they don't use them any more, they use the duvets. And 2 other requests that were automatic "no." Funny how guest services can turn a "no" into a "of course."

Our son, DIL and 18 month old granddaughter will be nearby, straight across the elevator bank.

We got an email offer today for a balcony for $180 pp for my husband and I. I would love a balcony, but it may be much farther away from our kids.

What's an inside obstructed, I'd have thought all insides are obstructed.

It's $360 for the upgrade. Could that be better spent elsewhere?

We did Alaska twice, once in an inside and once in a balcony. We'll do balcony from now on. You can watch the scenery go by in the AM laying in bed!

What's an inside obstructed, I'd have thought all insides are obstructed.

Wondered that myself until I saw the correction. I would take the upgrade, a balcony just makes the room seem bigger and will be nice when you all get together.

We traveled once with DD SIL and GS when he was 1. If it's a true pack n play you can move it easily as it sets up in 30 seconds. Otherwise just carry her back when whenever mom and dad go to bed. We babysat one or 2 nights so mom and dad could have adult time. Another bonus of the balcony!

It's pack n play not anywhere near the size of a crib. It can be moved and or stored when not being used. Take the balcony. All adults will enjoy it and you will never be sorry.

Balcony is fantastic for alaska.

If there is another inside cabin in the same category that your kids

are booked in -- that is closer, ask to move them to it at the same

time.