Azamara Quest drydock: moved to April 2016

BBMacLaird

Thanks, Bonnie. Sent a mail to my TA so that I'm in the loop on this one. Maybe I'm just too early. Love the fact that you were ahead of me. "Flip the switch". You just put a smile on my face. :)

Sometime tomorrow the new voyages will appear. Apparently they're loaded but some magic has to happen overnight. If/when I hear they are live I'll post here.

The three new Quest voyages are now live on the website....

Yes they are!

Here are links to the three new AZAMARA QUEST voyages this September and October 2015.

4-night departing Sept 26: St. Tropez & Balearic Islands

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/voyage/1443240000/4-night-st-tropez-balearic-isl-voyage

8-night Sept 30: Spain, Italy & Corsica

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/voyage/1443585600/8-night-spain-italy-corsica-voyage

3-night October 8, Corsica & Cannes

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/voyage/1444276800/3-night-corsica-cannes-voyage

Hello All,

We are close to finalizing three new Voyages for Azamara Quest in September and October 2015. Our plan is that they will be in the system and open for sale on Tuesday 12 May 2015.

Here a few highlights -

4 night Voyage 26 Sept - 30 Sept 2015 - Nice to Barcelona featuring St. Tropez, Mahon and Palma de Mallorca

8 night Voyage 30 Sept - 8 Oct 2015 - Barcelona round trip featuring Rome, Florence, Lucca, Calvi/Corsica, Monte Carlo and Palamos

3 night Voyage 8 Oct - Barcelona to Nice featuring Corsica and Cannes

There will be very attractive reservation programs for individual sailings and back to back opportunities. We hope you still have time in your holiday schedule in 2015 to join us for these new adventures around the French and Italian Rivieras.

Thank you as always for your continued support. Azamara Club Cruises

Dear AzamaraJoel

We were waiting for those sailings to become live and asked our TA to quote for all three cruises as B2B2B but were surprised that the total is simply the sum of the parts.

She checked with ACC and was informed twice that there are no back to back discounts for these sailings. If true, that would be very disappointing.

Workingcruise-59

I attach quote from Bonnie who was also under the impression that B2B would be available although to be fair to Bonnie things had not been finalised then.

As for replacement voyages, I have not seen the itineraries but I have it on good authority that there will actually be three shorter-than-usual itineraries in the Med. Tactically this makes good sense to me for two reasons: people book shorter cruises closer in, and new people book shorter cruises to try out the product.

I also understand the ports will be different to make 2-3 voyages affordably combinable using B2B savings.

Personally I can't wait to see the itineraries...I love to visit the Mediterranean countries in September and October when the kids have gone back to school.

procter;46545065]Workingcruise-59

I attach quote from Bonnie who was also under the impression that B2B would be available although to be fair to Bonnie things had not been finalised then.

As for replacement voyages, I have not seen the itineraries but I have it on good authority that there will actually be three shorter-than-usual itineraries in the Med. Tactically this makes good sense to me for two reasons: people book shorter cruises closer in, and new people book shorter cruises to try out the product.

I also understand the ports will be different to make 2-3 voyages affordably combinable using B2B savings.

Personally I can't wait to see the itineraries...I love to visit the Mediterranean countries in September and October when the kids have gone back to school.

Many thanks for the reply. I had certainly anticipated that the B2B discounts would be applicable.

My husband and I are also on the Quest's last cruise before dry dock. We are very disappointed that our Kyoto to Singapore cruise, whose itinerary is so perfect for us, might be on a "less than stellar" ship. It's even more upsetting that Azamara might begin work on OUR cruise, before it goes to dry dock! I would really like to get updated info! I even looked into future cruises with that itinerary, but couldn't find one:(

My husband and I are also on the Quest's last cruise before dry dock. We are very disappointed that our Kyoto to Singapore cruise, whose itinerary is so perfect for us, might be on a "less than stellar" ship. It's even more upsetting that Azamara might begin work on OUR cruise, before it goes to dry dock! I would really like to get updated info! I even looked into future cruises with that itinerary, but couldn't find one:(

It's not clear to me why people are making such negative assumptions about a "less than stellar" ship and work beginning on the cruise before the ship goes into dry dock. I will be on Quest in July and again in October/November and have no doubt the ship will be "stellar" as it always has been.

It's not clear to me why people are making such negative assumptions about a "less than stellar" ship and work beginning on the cruise before the ship goes into dry dock. I will be on Quest in July and again in October/November and have no doubt the ship will be "stellar" as it always has been.

Well said Marinaro👍👍

I agree ... in fact I would be slightly more concerned about the first cruise AFTER the dry dock. If they haven't been able to finish everything there may still be workers on board to complete the refit. Also the staff might be slightly confused with the new features, but it won't take them long to feel at home again. They will have already done Journey so will probably have a good handle on things when they do Quest.

I am on the second cruise after the dry dock and can't wait to see what they have done :)

I agree ... in fact I would be slightly more concerned about the first cruise AFTER the dry dock. If they haven't been able to finish everything there may still be workers on board to complete the refit.
We were on the first three cruises after Quest's last dry dock and there were no issues.

This fall we will be on the two cruises that would have followed Quest's dry dock if it had not been postponed, and I'd have had no concerns. Next winter we'll be on the second, third, and fourth cruises after Journey's dry dock. I'm looking forward to them all, and can't imagine complaining here today about what might happen five or nine months from now.

There is nothing "less than stellar" about the ships. They are in super condition. It will be nice to see the updates when they are completed, but I've been on many cruises on Journey and Quest, most recently last month and everything is just fine. I'm on Journey again in July, no concerns. I really hate reading this stuff because it just puts first time cruisers on Azamara in the wrong frame of mind before they even step on the ship.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

There is nothing "less than stellar" about the ships. They are in super condition. It will be nice to see the updates when they are completed, but I've been on many cruises on Journey and Quest, most recently last month and everything is just fine. I'm on Journey again in July, no concerns. I really hate reading this stuff because it just puts first time cruisers on Azamara in the wrong frame of mind before they even step on the ship.

Phil

Phil

i think some of us were just looking forward to seeing new colors and designs on the ship, some rooms they were remodeling totally.. i just wanted my cabin redone fro Dec 22nd.. needed a new carpet for years and wider drapes to block out more light. but i am fine with the ship over all.. i will be on JR first not QS as the redo.

Phil

i think some of us were just looking forward to seeing new colors and designs on the ship, some rooms they were remodeling totally.. i just wanted my cabin redone fro Dec 22nd.. needed a new carpet for years and wider drapes to block out more light. but i am fine with the ship over all.. i will be on JR first not QS as the redo.

Oh Robin, I understand the disappointment expressed. I was endorsing the point made earlier that describing a cruise as going to be "less than stellar" is way over the top and puts people off.

Phil

Oh Robin, I understand the disappointment expressed. I was endorsing the point made earlier that describing a cruise as going to be "less than stellar" is way over the top and puts people off.

Phil

my cruises are always stellar- somedays i do not love the rocky sea-Northn Sea or something like that but always having fun.

Everything I've ever heard about drydock has included work beginning on the final cruise before the ship actually arrives in port. If it's done correctly, then the guests should not be affected, but I've heard tales (from people I know and trust) of lots of loud work that disturbs the guests - removing tile from an area directly above guest cabins, for example. We're going, we'll have a great time because of the itinerary and I hope that inconveniences will be minimal. But as I said in my prior post, I'd rather prepare for the worst and be pleasantly surprised.

And the things that are worn out now will be more worn out in a year. That generally doesn't bother me as long as a worn out item is clean and functional, but it bothers others and we each have a right to our preferences.:)

well, this sucks!!!!!:mad: i was so looking forward to enjoying my holidays in a new and improved cabin and enjoying my winter on the Quest.. now i wil lhave the same complaints about the stain in the carpet, drapes that do not close right etc.. now i have to wait to enjoy the new and improved ship.

as always they get us ready for something great and then put it off. Thanks MIA:mad:

We are not happy either, expecting a nice new ship for our cruise in Jan 2015.:mad:

Hello BarbaraLM,

Can you advise us who told you the cruise you will sail on with us in 2016 would not be up to Azamara standard and there would be work started on that voyage?

We have stated here and our customers service teams can also confirm to your travel partners, there will be no disturbance on the cruises prior or post dry dock in 2016 for Azamara Quest and Azamara Journey.

Thank you, Azamara Club Cruises.

Any info on what this dry dock will entail? I am curious as I have two cruises booked for next year, and I might convince my mom to come along if I know what the ships will look like =)

Michael

looking glass and show room redo . cabins -deck 8 for sure.. and i think more cabins too. not sure- money talks.. i wish they redo the coffee bar like oceania. that is one thing i like from pictures. we ruin that space with the art and the puzzle etc.