Is there self service laundry on the Koningsdam?

eyern1

I think I've seen where you can fill a bag for some amount for the crew to wash, but is there any self service laundry on the ship? We're on an 11 day cruise and it would be nice not to have to pack so many clothes.

You have a choice of sending items out and paying by the piece, unlimited laundry (about $7 per day for the cabin in the Caribbean) and laundry by the bag ($20 per bag in the Caribbean).

Do be careful what you send out to the laundry -- everything is washed in hot water and dried on hot heat. Delicates you can wash in the sink.

• 6 years later...

None of the  HAL ships have self-service laundry anymore :(.

All of the ships DO have a retractable clothesline over the bathtub, however, in case you ever want to hand wash anything in your sink.

On 2/25/2017 at 8:06 AM, Krazy Kruizers said:

...and laundry by the bag ($20 per bag in the Caribbean).

I think the bags are now $35 (maybe the Caribbean is different).

The last thing I want to do on a cruise is wait for a machine to do my laundry.  We were on a smaller, upscale cruise line that had a self service laundry.  Waiting for a machine, waiting for someone to come back to retrieve their clothing out of the washer or dryer, wondering if we should remove someone’s laundry or restart the dryer if the clothes weren’t dry!   Back to apartment living!   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

The last thing I want to do on a cruise is wait for a machine to do my laundry.  We were on a smaller, upscale cruise line that had a self service laundry.  Waiting for a machine, waiting for someone to come back to retrieve their clothing out of the washer or dryer, wondering if we should remove someone’s laundry or restart the dryer if the clothes weren’t dry!   Back to apartment living!   

Many years ago  while living in an apartment and back when I did laundry on a HAL ship, I often removed another person’s abandoned laundry.  Not once was I chastised. 

• Like 1

This thread will very soon be getting a cake with 7 candles in it, and we will all be singing Happy Birthday---it was resurrected out of the depths. 

PLEASE, just let it drop again. 

• Like 4

On 2/25/2017 at 6:33 AM, eyern1 said:

I think I've seen where you can fill a bag for some amount for the crew to wash...

Yes... and the bag comes back very clean. 😉

3 hours ago, TexasEd2 said:

It is possible to buy a laundry package for a flat fee. Clean clothes every day all looked after by your steward. Do you really want to spend your vaycay in a laundromat? 

Welcome to Cruise Critic Texas Ed. You might want to start on the Home Page

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/

and read some recent posts. You replied to a thread that was just shy of seven years old. Lots more current threads about laundry and they all recommend letting HAL take care of it!

• Like 1