Oceania's Free Laundry

NU/Fan

Outside of maybe the World Cruises we have never seen free laundry.

There is a laundry room where you can do your own load for $2/ wash and $2/ dry with detergent provided.

The suites ( not sure about regular cabins) also get some limited free pressing.

Outside of maybe the World Cruises we have never seen free laundry.

There is a laundry room where you can do your own load for $2/ wash and $2/ dry with detergent provided.

The suites ( not sure about regular cabins) also get some limited free pressing.

My 50-day Insignia Cruise is supposed to cover laundry. So I am still looking for an answer.

My 50-day Insignia Cruise is supposed to cover laundry. So I am still looking for an answer.

Most O trips do not include laundry so maybe your best bet would ask Oceania

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

Are you sure you get the laundry deal?

You are on a segment of the world cruise so may not be part of the plan

That said if you do get the laundry deal it will be bulk wash & dry & folding

On occasion when I have used the laundry service they did press some items

"50 days on Insignia" sounds like several segments of one of the World Cruises (one leaving in July, the other in January). It's very possible the free ship's laundry is extended to segment guests; I'm on the full WC in January with that perk, but I don't know what they've extended to segmenters. I say it's "very possible", because that might be easier than have the laundry figure out who'd on the full cruise and who isn't.

The service is wash, dry and fold, but in my experience, the folding is done so professionally items are unlikely to need pressing. I'm not certain, but I believe you can request certain items to be placed on hangers, such as shirts and trousers. If so, I'll certainly request that next year.

None of my clothes require ironing; they were all purchased specifically for cruising with that in mind. If anything is a wrinkled mess, I'll take it to the guest laundry room, where there is an ironing board, and press it myself. I'm so grateful to not have to do laundry, cook, or clean for 6 months, I guess I'm willing to do something for myself :D.

"50 days on Insignia" sounds like several segments of one of the World Cruises (one leaving in July, the other in January).

Looks like the OP is on the July 8th Miami to BCN sold as a 50 day cruise

At some ones suggestion I called Oceania and it looks like it is wash and fold. I could send a shirt and iron it myself if I wanted, correct?

what is "OP?"

Yes, if need be you can iron items yourself -- there are ironing boards and irons in the self-serve laundry rooms.

Mura

Thanks Mura!

Yes everybody Oceania promised laundry, maybe it is because we booked early, or at the time they were worried about filling the ship, but I did call Oceania and it was confirmed. Thank you for all of your help.

Thanks Mura!

Yes everybody Oceania promised laundry, maybe it is because we booked early,

LOL

Then a lot of people would get free laundry

we book 18 mths out but never received it ;)

It is probably as Don suggested ..easier on a world cruise

Enjoy

LOL

Then a lot of people would get free laundry

we book 18 mths out but never received it ;)

It is probably as Don suggested ..easier on a world cruise

Enjoy

Yes, that could be because it was a segment of the World Cruise.

I am currently on Marina for 41 days from NYC to Stockholm and have the free laundry. I have used it for cotton shirts, jeans and pants as well as other items. These have come back in ready to wear condition.

I am currently on Marina for 41 days from NYC to Stockholm and have the free laundry. I have used it for cotton shirts, jeans and pants as well as other items. These have come back in ready to wear condition.

Debbie

Was your cruise booked as a Grand Voyage ?

Just wonder how you get free laundry or is for cruise over certain number of days?

Lyn

Is the ship underway again?

Edited by LHT28

One teensy, tiny, unimportant nit to pick -- several folks mentioned laundry roomS, don't want NU/Usher to get the wrong impression, there is only one self-service laundry room on Insignia, on Deck 7, entrance on the Port side. It sounds like many, if not most, on that cruise will have ship's laundry service, so the self-service laundry room should be quite empty, for once! :) There are ironing facilities in the self-service laundry, at no cost.

Debbie

Just wonder how you get free laundry or is for cruise over certain number of days?

Lyn

Yes it is a Grand Voyage 50 days July 8, 2015 Miami to Barcelona Insignia.

Yes it is a Grand Voyage 50 days July 8, 2015 Miami to Barcelona Insignia.

Yes I saw yours was a GV

I was asking Debbie (DFB) as she is doing 3 cruises (that I know of)

She is on the Marina cruise I just left

Debbie

Lyn

Our cruise was booked as one 41-day voyage. Not sure if it was marked as a grand voyage or not.

Yes, Marina is underway, rocking and rolling, on its way to Southamptom. Its departure from Dublin was delayed a couple of hours due to wind in the harbor.

-Debbie

Our cruise was booked as one 41-day voyage. Not sure if it was marked as a grand voyage or not.

Yes, Marina is underway, rocking and rolling, on its way to Southamptom. Its departure from Dublin was delayed a couple of hours due to wind in the harbor.

-Debbie

Thanks Debbie

There are so many compilations of the same cruises it was hard to know if it was a GV or a B2B ;)

Yours was probably a GV

Hope the seas are not too rough today

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

Thanks Debbie

There are so many compilations of the same cruises it was hard to know if it was a GV or a B2B ;)

Yours was probably a GV

Hope the seas are not too rough today

Lyn

Debbie,

Thank you I have my answer "wash and fold."

Ed

Edited by NU/Usher
Quotations