Favorite Websites

kekecruiser

Good morning,

I love online shopping and am looking for some new clothing websites. I have shopped Stitch Fix, 6PM and most of the large retailers such as Macy's and Nordstrom etc.

What are you favorite websites either clothing or beauty products?

I like Zulily, QVC, HSN, Dillards, & my very favorite is SteinMart!

The really nice thing about QVC clothing is that complete garment measurements are given for each item. Other sites give size measurements which may or may not relate well to the actual item.

Sephora for cosmetics,shampoos, masks, anything "beauty" related.

Athleta, Title Nine, Sahalie, Garnet Hill, Wrap London and J. Peterman for clothes. I have a Just Fab account, but the clothes are really cheap looking and cheaply made when you finally get them (I returned every piece I bought). The shoes are cheap and faux leather, but for $39, I've bought a few shoes and boots that do OK for a short-term buy.

I subscribe to Stitch Fix; I have only had to return just a few items that either did not fit right or I did not like.

For career clothes, I shop Ann Taylor Petites and Express (the only place I can find dress pants in short lengths).

I have purchased casual and more dressy dresses from Venus, Light in the Box, and New York Dress Company.

For beauty, BeautyCounter, Rodan and Fields.

I like Nordstrom and Lord and Taylor websites. I have a Nordstrom not too far from me but given the long hours I work it's just easier to shop by email sometimes... Lord and Taylor has good sales. Nordstrom's is better about price matching than they used to be, and they have more things that work with my style.

I also like Nordstrom Rack (clothes and shoes) and Neiman Marcus Last Call (for good prices on Eileen Fisher but also for interesting costume jewelry and nice purses). J Jill has some good clothing for travel, and I can also get away with wearing some of the Wearever collection for work. (My workplace is fairly conservative and tailored...)

For shoes, I usually hunt around for the best price and return policy online, once I know I like the style/sizing.

Sometimes I stumble across a nice boutique website for clothes or fashion jewelry (either on my own or from one of the blogs I read) but I usually forget to bookmark it and then *poof* it's gone from my memory bank.... :o

I use Sephora and Ulta for makeup/beauty items.

For clothes/shoes - I'm all online over the place! Just depends on what I'm looking for and who has what. I shop online at Nordstorm, Nordstrom Rack, HauteLook, Saks, Off5th, Neiman Marcus, LastCall@NM, Banana Republic, Gap, Talbots, Ann Taylor, JCrew...man...the list goes on and on! :)

I like the website ShopStyle - you can create "Sale Alerts" for certain designers or styles that you're interested in (or even just one specific item) and they'll send you an email when there are sales.

QVC is my favorite. The clothes are good quality and they don't charge the "fat tax," a higher price for plus size clothing.

Also, I just received two dresses from eshakti.com. I used their size chart and the fit is perfect. The workmanship is meticulous. They custom hem for your height. The dresses I ordered are lined. They feel great and there is no slip dilemma. I don't wear dresses often but am just looking for an excuse to order from eshakti sgain.

Vicki

Check out 6pm (online).

I usually buy my dresses at Nordstrom. Well I order online, they ship free, I order in two sizes and return to the store which is not far from where I live.

I found an Ellen Tracy sheath dress on the Nordstrom site. Ordered my two sizes, but after googling found the same dress on a site called 6pm for about 60% cheaper. 6pm doesn't have a large selection, but I bought three Ellen Tracy dresses for the price of the one from Nordstrom.

Very happy to get three great dresses at a great price.

I now buy JJill, love their asymetrical and tunic tops. Like their lightweight fabric. Perfect for Florida. Always wait for their sales. I used to buy Talbots, but find they are a bit expensive. I like some tops from Chicos, but also wait for their sales.

For shoes: Zappos or Amazon. Been buying sling back pumps with a 1-1/2" kitten heel. I found Trotters to have great shoes at good prices.

6pm is my go to for shoes, but I only buy brands that I know, and sizes that I know will work because they make you pay your own return shipping.

Nordstrom Rack and Neiman Last Call are my big two right now. I mostly buy shoes and jeans at NR and dresses at NMLC, I recently got a DVF jumpsuit for 90% off there.

Online, I like Nordstrom and Macy's, but I usually check the price on Amazon before ordering. I will also occasionally check if something is available new with tags on eBay too.

• 4 weeks later...

Try Stitch Fix. It's a service that chooses clothes for you, based on your size, preferences, and personal style and needs. Ive been using them for over a year and love it. If you don't like an item you just send it back in a prepaid pouch. It's really gotten me out of my comfort zone and into things I never thought of trying. And it is not a membership so you can use it as much/little as you want. They also have shoes, and accessories.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Saks and Neiman Marcus are for me; they carry my favorite designers. My credit card is Diamond level: I get two days shipping, valet parking, champagne, food or any drink when I shop in the store. I have a personal shopper at both places. They are great to have. They let me know in advance about a sale, when is a double points or triple points. They also can find me an item that you don't see on line. I have two full drawers with perfume samplers and face products that they gave me.

Last year I had enough points to able to get my daughter this Gucci hand bag with my reward gift card. e8138ca9ec87e54a65bd3b740b594eaa.jpg

Edited by Porthopper101

Try Stitch Fix. It's a service that chooses clothes for you, based on your size, preferences, and personal style and needs. Ive been using them for over a year and love it. If you don't like an item you just send it back in a prepaid pouch. It's really gotten me out of my comfort zone and into things I never thought of trying. And it is not a membership so you can use it as much/little as you want. They also have shoes, and accessories.

I LOVE Stitch Fix; I just received my 5th fix today! I can't wait to try everything on tonight! I have only returned a few pieces since I signed up.

• 2 months later...
QVC is my favorite. The clothes are good quality and they don't charge the "fat tax," a higher price for plus size clothing.

Also, I just received two dresses from eshakti.com. I used their size chart and the fit is perfect. The workmanship is meticulous. They custom hem for your height. The dresses I ordered are lined. They feel great and there is no slip dilemma. I don't wear dresses often but am just looking for an excuse to order from eshakti sgain.

Vicki

My daughter has had great success with Eshakti. The dresses she has ordered fit her perfectly and they are always as shown on the website. I have just ordered my first dress from them and can't wait until it arrives. You can order pre-sized clothing, I believe they adjust the hem to your height,. You can also get a dress customized and they ask for a number of different measurements, not just the standard. I have an odd shape, small bust and big tummy. I hope this order works out well for me.

Garnet Hill is my go to, as well as Nordstrom. I also use Amazon for shoes, they have a dealer I trust to buy Birks from, as you have to be careful not to get a knock off. :)

For hiking/work out clothes I actually like Target's C9 line, & I wait for their 30% off sales