Dining Times Riveria

san diego spartan

Sorry but not sure I have this clear - help would be appreciated:

What time is breakfast served? Is it only in Terrace Cafe or is it also available in Main Dining Room?

What time is lunch served in Main dining room and Terrace? Our flight doesn't arrive until about 2pm on day of departure - once we finally get to the ship - will there be food available somewhere?

Dinner - what is the standard dinner time in Main dining and in the specialty restaurants?

Thanks!

Breakfast is served in the GDR time will vary depending on the port but usually starts at 7 am -9:30, Terrace 6:30 -10 & lighter options in WAVES until 11 am

some pastries in Barristas & Horizons

Lunch usually starts at 12noon in the Terrace 12-2pm & waves 12-4pm

GDR 12:30 -2

afternoon tea 4-5pm

Dinner is usually 6:30pm to 9 pm in all venues except Waves which is closed

Room service 24/7

Check the back of the daily newsletter for dining times for the specific venue

from our currents in December:

Breakfast Hours last December on Riviera:

6:30-10:30 room service

6:30-11:00 Horizons Pastries and coffee

7-11:00 Waves

7:30 -10:00 Terrace

8:00-9:30 MDR Breakfast

--Lunch Hours

11:30 -1600 Waves Grill Lunch

1200-1400 Lunch in Terrace

1230-1400 GDR Lunch

1600-1700 Afternoon Tea

---

YMMV Depending on Itinerary and ship

I have seen Terrace open earlier for breakfast on other itineraries if a lot of tours leave early, or lunch venues stay open 1/2 hour longer if longer tours....

On embarkation day I remember the Terrace serving lunch from 11am until 4pm. Same as Waves. No room service.

Not 100% sure but I think Baristas is open on embarkation day. During the cruise I remember Baristas having pastries in the morning, then small sandwiches later on well into the afternoon, as well as cookies. On the Riviera this food was not right where you got coffee but around the corner towards the library. I think the same food was in the Executive Lounge. I remember cookies there after dinner. Not sure what was in the Concierge Lounge.

Edited by eddmel

On embarcation day I remember the Terrace serving lunch from 11am until 4pm. Same as Waves. No room service.

Not 100% sure but I think Baristas is open on embarcation day. During the cruise I remember Baristas having pastries in the morning, then small sandwiches later on well into the afternoon, as well as cookies.

You are correct

Barristas is open until 6pm or 6:30pm daily even on embarkation day

The Terrace is also open later than normal on embarkation day

If you are too late for lunch and in a higher suite (A level and above) you should be able to find a snack or two in the lounge on Marina/Riviera. You're sort of out of luck on the "R"ships if you are that late.

I remember boarding Marina one time when it was too late for a lunch venue but I was able to find some mini-sandwiches in the lounge which held us over until dinner.

Mura

Hello, San Diego Spartan, are you going to be on Riviera sailing from Venice to Athens August 31st? We are from San Diego and will be on this ship. Any interest of doing some semi-private tours together? We do not want to purchase any tours from Oceania, but I did some research and there are good options. Of coarse, some of them become much cheaper when it is for more than two people.

Hello, San Diego Spartan, are you going to be on Riviera sailing from Venice to Athens August 31st? We are from San Diego and will be on this ship. Any interest of doing some semi-private tours together? We do not want to purchase any tours from Oceania, but I did some research and there are good options. Of coarse, some of them become much cheaper when it is for more than two people.

There is a roll call for this cruise, but you are a little late to the party :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2307744

Edited by Glenndale

Is this available on embarkation day?

Just wondering.

Thanks!

No room service till after departure as all crew are busy with arriving passengers Terrace and Waves.... thats it till dinner time... Chances are you wont make the Terrace.... But rest easy, plan ahead knowing that by 6:30-7 pm, 1.5hours after sailing your can get all the food you can handle The bars will all be open...well Waves Bar will..

I always check in around 2 or 3 pm to avoid the frenzy, Relax and enjoy the smooth boarding If you board around 3, you can most times go direct to your cabin rather than wander for hours. Oh and your bags will be there pronto.. Worth missing a what is a feeding frenzy with the first arrivals...

Edited by Hawaiidan

Is Waves the only place to eat outside? If so does that mean we cannot eat outside in the evening anywhere?

The terrace cafe, my favorite, has the outside portion open for dinner at 6:30 weather permitting on every day even embarkation day for lunch as well. It can be nice or windy depending For Lunch Waves will also have covered outdoor seating from their menu.

However, the question you ask, is actualy Yes,

The Terrace cafe is the ONLY out door dining for all meals available on the ship. None or the other venues offer outdoor seating for dinner, You cant eat anywhere outside other than Terrace cafe...

Edited by Hawaiidan

The Terrace cafe is the ONLY out door dining for all meals available on the ship. None or the other venues offer outdoor seating for dinner, You cant eat anywhere outside other than Terrace cafe...

Unless, perhaps, you have a balcony. The following is from Oceania's website:

"Dine in Privacy - After a day of enriching shore excursions or various activities on board, you may dine in the privacy of your suite or stateroom. An extensive Room Service menu is available around the clock. Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner on your private veranda, as you take in spectacular seascapes. Complimentary room service is available 24 hours a day".

Great - thanks for the information on Baristas - where we should be able to grab a sandwich if we miss the closing time for the Terrace on embarkation day.

Why are you cutting it so close on flight time for arrival? If you have a delay, you may be SOL for even making it to the ship on time for departure.

Unless, perhaps, you have a balcony. The following is from Oceania's website:

"Dine in Privacy - After a day of enriching shore excursions or various activities on board, you may dine in the privacy of your suite or stateroom. An extensive Room Service menu is available around the clock. Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner on your private veranda, as you take in spectacular seascapes. Complimentary room service is available 24 hours a day".

Yes that sounds great...its just that in all the times I have had a veranda /suite eating outside except for a cup of coffee or a cocktail/wine would be futile and most unpleasant with winds the like..... But yes , maybe in port when the ship isnt moving or at anchor that could prove enjoyable... maybe those deep B-3's but they done offer dining just room service .

No room service till after departure as all crew are busy with arriving passengers Terrace and Waves.... thats it till dinner time... Chances are you wont make the Terrace.... But rest easy, plan ahead knowing that by 6:30-7 pm, 1.5hours after sailing your can get all the food you can handle The bars will all be open...well Waves Bar will..

I always check in around 2 or 3 pm to avoid the frenzy, Relax and enjoy the smooth boarding If you board around 3, you can most times go direct to your cabin rather than wander for hours. Oh and your bags will be there pronto.. Worth missing a what is a feeding frenzy with the first arrivals...

Dan, it's been my experience that the Waves Bar closes around 6 or 7, regardless of the weather or itinerary. That one has always been a head scratcher for me. On our most recent trip on Marina they closed for bad weather during the day just for it being a little overcast. This was on a port day, I got the feeling they just didn't want to open it. Perhaps on a sailaway day they might make an exception.

Occupants of the top suites can order from the GDR and specialty restaurants for dinner ... but that's it.

Mura

That makes it sound like just the upper ones, or to put it this way I never really consider a PH a top suite, since there are so many of them, but it gets these perks.

I think of top suites as OC, Vista, Owners. No biggie, just throws me off as when I see that I think that the PH is excluded.