Anything like NCL's O'Sheehan's on Princess?

The Other Tom

Thanks. I'm not sure there is an Alfredo's on the Coral. Anybody know for sure ?

On most sea days Sabatini's on the Coral served Alfredo's pizzas when we did a Panama Canal cruise this year. No actual Alfredo's however.

Edited by ar1950

We've sailed NCL a few times and like O'sheehan's. For those of you who have tried O'Sheehan's on NCL, is there anything like it on Princess ?

We'll be on the Coral early next year.

No, but you might like to try the free Pub Lunch held some sea days.

This is your best option for pub food. It's awesome, in my opinion, and Princess stocks lots of English beers and ciders. The only problem is that it is likely to be offered only once or twice during your cruise in the Wheelhouse Bar on Deck 7.

Otherwise, you have Princess Pizza by the Lido Pool on Deck 14. Princess has excellent pizza; likely the best at sea. Just above it is the Bar and Grill on Deck 15 overlooking the Lido Pool. Burgers and dogs are made to order.

Finally you have Horizon Court, Princess' buffet. I don't like it nearly as much as the Garden Cafe on NCL, but it's a typical buffet. Unfortunately, Coral does not have an International Cafe.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

No, but you might like to try the free Pub Lunch held some sea days.

The pub lunch was the worst meal I had on my Grand cruise last week. Absolutely terrible. Subpar food, drinks, service in the steakhouse. Saying that, it was also really the only bad meal I had during the week so....

I would say the Grand at least, has really, really, really great pizza up on lido deck and they are there late into the evening, along with a made-to-order grill in the afternoon and pit bbq next to it, open until 10 PM I think. Also the International cafe is pretty good as is Alfredo's pizza in the Piazza on 5. Pizza is not as good as Prego upstairs, but open later and they serve you entire pizzas in the restaurant area. Think of Carnival pizza there though, not as good as Prego.

So yes, they do have some nice options outside of the MDR and buffet, but no, nothing quite like O'Sheehan's. In my opinion, that is one of the best eateries you can find on mass market cruise lines today. Not to say that the offerings Princess are not good, they just are not like O'Sheehan's.

The International Cafe is open 24hrs. Always something to eat there. Not sure all ships have it though. Closest I can think of :D

I thought of it more as a late night Wawa or 7-eleven than an O'Sheehan's type setup. There is seating but you do not get your stuff served to you. Not a bad option though. Grand does have it, probably most of the larger ships have it as well. I thought the pizzeria and grill up on lido were more like O'Sheehan's than anything else I saw on my recent cruise.

As I recall, O'Sheehan's is as much about the atmosphere as the food. It's a relaxed, casual place to get a pub-style meal and drinks with waitress service for much of the day and evening. There are places to get quick, good food on all the Princess ships, but nothing like O'Sheehan's.

As I recall, O'Sheehan's is as much about the atmosphere as the food. It's a relaxed, casual place to get a pub-style meal and drinks with waitress service for much of the day and evening. There are places to get quick, good food on all the Princess ships, but nothing like O'Sheehan's.

I believe O'Sheehan's is open 24 hours. My only experience is on the Breakaway, but unless you go there in the middle of the night, I would have a hard time pegging it as "relaxed". It's often very busy and being placed in a very "active" part of the ship, a bit loud. ;)

The food, IMHO is fine but certainly not a well balanced meal. :D

I believe O'Sheehan's is open 24 hours. My only experience is on the Breakaway, but unless you go there in the middle of the night, I would have a hard time pegging it as "relaxed". It's often very busy and being placed in a very "active" part of the ship, a bit loud. ;)

Michael, Michael, Michael, to some of us carnivores a well balanced meal is one with four different meats with at least three being pork. Throw in some duck fat fries and you have yourself a fine, healthy meal. Served with a side of defibrillator, of course.

Michael, Michael, Michael, to some of us carnivores a well balanced meal is one with four different meats with at least three being pork. Throw in some duck fat fries and you have yourself a fine, healthy meal. Served with a side of defibrillator, of course.

HAHA....touche

I had forgotten it's open 24 hours since I'm not a late night eater! I guess by relaxed I meant more casual than the other sit down dining venues, and there is certainly no dress code. It's a nice alternative to the more traditional restaurants --- sometimes, you feel like a burger and some wings.