LA to Hawaii to Bora Bora

ronanrn

I am thinking about the Los Angeles to Hawaii to Bora Bora cruise 28 days!! Thats a lot of sea days I have traveled a lot in Atlantic but this will be my first Pacific cruise It is this Oct and next Oct only Lokking for advice from a fellow Pacific cruiser Thanks

We're on the one for this October. Love sea days. Our longest cruise to date was 34 days (17 day B2B). Not quite the same, but we're looking forward to it.

If you plan on booking for this October, you'd better make your decision soon. Very few OVs left and approx. 30 balconies and they're almost all in the front of the ship. A not so great location if prone to sea sickness.

I am thinking about the Los Angeles to Hawaii to Bora Bora cruise 28 days!! Thats a lot of sea days I have traveled a lot in Atlantic but this will be my first Pacific cruise It is this Oct and next Oct only Lokking for advice from a fellow Pacific cruiser Thanks

Do it, do it, do it!!! You will love it. Did it the first time it was offered in 2011.

Wish I could do it again, but the price is way more now because it's so popular.

Do it, do it, do it!!! You will love it. Did it the first time it was offered in 2011.

Wish I could do it again, but the price is way more now because it's so popular.

YES!!! Do it! I did the (unexpected) 29 day version in 2014 and doing it again in Oct 2017. We have a great roll call going already :)

We did this in April 2013. Great cruise, but you have to enjoy sea days. There are 9 ports and 18 sea days with 8 of them being the last 8 days straight from Tahiti back to L.A.. I think we had every trivia quiz the cruise staff had on board. Seas were mostly calm. Sun is very strong as you cross the equator twice, as well as the international date line twice which confuses most on board. Join the roll call for some really interesting private tours, especially Patrick's tour in Bora Bora.

We did this on Oct.2013 and it's one of our favorite cruises. You will love this one. Loved bora-Bora and Moorea. We meet so many wonderful cruise friends. Yes, there is lots of sea days! 9 sea days straight from Tahiti to LA it was the longest but they had so many activities and classes kept us busy running around the ship.:)

This is a cruise I'd want to do.

Not something I can do next year, and I would want to book as soon as it became available so I'd have a good choice of cabin (i want) so maybe 2018?

It might have to wait for 2023 when the hubby retires though.

Please take a look at our rollcall, look at the shutterfly site that you will be directed to. Join us in this bucketlist adventure. We have a few more openings, but they are going fast, lol. We are South Pacific newbies (polywogs), but I think that you will enjoy it, only because you are thinking about it. Take the leap. Looking forward to meeting you at the sail-away.

There has been some great last minute pricing on this cruise. I wish this year would work for us. I suspect there will be good last minute pricing for October 2017. Unfortunately, we are committed to the PC with another couple during this time frame. We are booked for March 2018.

This is a cruise I'd want to do.

Not something I can do next year, and I would want to book as soon as it became available so I'd have a good choice of cabin (i want) so maybe 2018?

It might have to wait for 2023 when the hubby retires though.

I don't remember the exact date, but the 2017 cruise became available for booking about May 25, 2016.

Edited by paul929207

We sailed a similar cruise a few years ago with five or six straight days. In addition to a transatlantic on the QM2, the straight days at sea are very restful and truly gets you away from it all. Enjoy!

56 Cruises and Counting! Bon Voyage to my fellow CC's and smooth sailing.

Planning a vacay is almost as much fun as the vacay itself!!!

All I can say is, if you are not adverse to 8 sea days in a row, this is a real dream itinerary ..... a must-do, IMO.

We did it the very first time Princess offered it, and it was one of the all time best cruises I have ever done.

Just go ahead and book it!!

We did it last year, are booked for next month and have already booked next year. We have a large roll call and have planned a number of activities for sea day.

I do not see you on our Roll Call April 2017 ?Was wondering if at last I would meet you both ?.......Heather:)

Probably my favorite cruise! It was amazing.

But, yes... you have to like sea days.

and you should join your roll call and get involved - it really helps on all the sea days.

I plan on doing this cruise again next year or 2018. We are trying to get some of the same people and have a reunion type cruise.

Here's my review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2134630

which also links you to the Shutterfly page I did for the cruise.

Reba

We've done this cruise (on HAL and had to cancel last year's on Princess due to a new job for Karen and she not having enough PTO days) and it is a GREAT cruise to see a remote part of the world.

The greatest thing is the South Pacific islands look the way you think a tropical island should look (as compared to the Caribbean, which just look like "home" surrounded by a warm ocean). As you get near the islands and they're in view they have a primordial look to them, like a T-Rex will be shuffling about just inside the tree line, or you're going to hear King Kong HOLLER.

Hawaii has a little of the Caribbean effect (home surrounded by warm water) but not so much as to jade you. You have that tropical feel and first world amenities that we're used to in any major US city.

A definite must do!

We are DEFINITELY doing it again, hopefully sooner than later (in less than 5 years if PTO works out w Karen). Now I might have a new gig and not have the # PTO until the 5 year mark so it might be a little later... but DEFINITELY do this cruise while you're young enough/able bodied enough to really enjoy it.

We were hoping to take this cruise when we retire in Sept 2018. I'm wondering if anyone knows if they will still have this in October 2018. I saw that they have this for March 2018 and am concerned there will no longer be one in October. I know they used to have this twice a year then went to just once. If it's only in March then we'll just go in 2019. But we are really looking forward to this!!! I've been saving for 5 years:)

This is on my bucket list. Would love to do it.

Join us. We're sailing October 2017 and the roll call is already really long! I love sea days so those final days don't worry me at all. Even better, I checked the 2016 pricing and it was the same as the 2017 pricing but we got the AIBP as a perk. :)

Edited by Thrak

We were hoping to take this cruise when we retire in Sept 2018. I'm wondering if anyone knows if they will still have this in October 2018. I saw that they have this for March 2018 and am concerned there will no longer be one in October. I know they used to have this twice a year then went to just once. If it's only in March then we'll just go in 2019. But we are really looking forward to this!!! I've been saving for 5 years:)

The 2017 cruise and the March 2018 were announced in May 2016. Prior to that announcement of the schedule, we were unable to get any confirmation from Princess that the cruise would run in 2017.