Would P&O do well to offer a British Isles cruise?

kevinyork

We are on Celebrity Eclipse next June that includes northern France, Bruges, Amsterdam then Glasgow, Liverpool, Dublin and Cork. That cruise seems to be attracting a premium on Celebrity as it's the only one of the season.

I was wondering if P&O would do well to offer some round Britain cruises. There is so much of this country I haven't seen and would like too and doing so from the comfort of a cruise ship would be great. In addition to the above It could include more of Scotland, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, The Isles and maybe Belfast, Newcastle, Wales, Cornwall. What about the Isle Of Man? Loads of options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Princess Cruises do loads and they seem to sell very well as the prices are high. Maybe P&O could do some during the non-summer period to avoid Bay of Biscay.

I would also like to do UK/Ireland on a cruise, so much to see and what better than doing it on a cruise.

Dave

We did a British Ises cruise on Royal Princess last year which we really enjoyed. It was a late booking at a very cheap price so we thought we would try it.

Before we booked we were unsure about the itinerary. We were visiting many new ports and it was surprising how much of our own country we had not been to before.

If the price was right I would certainly do the cruise again.

I would have thought it would be very popular with P&O customers and I would have thought more of them with several departures in the summer season would have good uptake. From the Channel Islands to Northumberland (a little known area to most folk we know in the South), the Highlands, Shetland Isles, Hebrides, Ireland, plus some great cities like Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dublin, Liverpool etc - there's a wealth of ports of call I guess many of us have never been to and would really enjoy visiting. We travel on cruises to many exciting places but often overlook what's on our doorstep relatively speaking. I'd definitely be interested.

We did one with Fred a while back. Again it was seeing parts of the UK we probably wouldn't have seen any other way.

We thought we might like to try another one next year. I think there are 2 that just go round the uk, without going off to Iceland etc. Having checked those 2 ,they only cover the west coast. None actually go round the top of Scotland, and down the east coast (like the Fred one).

I think actual round Britain ones would be popular.

It's a great cruise but on a SMALL ship. Then they can visit lots of small ports and the Scottish islands. Look at the ports stated on the Britannia cruise. Anyone living in the U.K. Would have been to all those boring big cities anyway.

I now read that Virgin are building 2800 pax ships which are being described as small. Give me strength.

Princess Cruises do loads and they seem to sell very well as the prices are high. Maybe P&O could do some during the non-summer period to avoid Bay of Biscay.

I would also like to do UK/Ireland on a cruise, so much to see and what better than doing it on a cruise.

Dave

Oriana is doing a 7 night cruise to 4 Ireland ports 2017 and 2018,sadly I can't interest my husband in them!

I notice Princess do quite a lot of them - I think they are quite a draw for the American passengers but they all seem relatively expensive to me compared to their other Southampton cruises - I wonder if the British terminal costs are more expensive?

Edited by P&O SUE

I must have missed the ones P&O offer. On the roll call for our Eclipse trip next June I think so far we are the only Brits. Maybe other lines can fill these cruises with non Brits wanting to 'do' Britain.

Princess do numerous Britsh Isles cruises from May to August and have done for many years and you can get some very good late deals. We have done 5 and last year they did 12nts in a balcony on Royal Princess and we did one 2-3yrs ago for £499 in an inside cabin. Fantastic value for money and excellent cruises and the bonus over P&O is with Princess late deals you can still pick your stateroom and dining.

I must have missed the ones P&O offer. On the roll call for our Eclipse trip next June I think so far we are the only Brits. Maybe other lines can fill these cruises with non Brits wanting to 'do' Britain.

25 Aug - 01 Sep 2017Oriana X7177nights

Southampton, Cobh, Dublin, Killybegs, Galway, Southampton

25 Aug - 01 Sep 2017Oriana X7177nights

Southampton, Cobh, Dublin, Killybegs, Galway, Southampton

I thought that one looked interesting, however its more of a Irish jaunt than a Round the UK.

When we did the Fred one it was magic sailing between the Scottish mainland and the Orkneys . We moored at Leith so we could go over Britannia, stopped at Newcastle.

Someone mentioned that people would have visited all the large cities. We haven't. If you do not drive, there is every chance you wouldn't. We also visited Liverpool on the cruise..first time we had been to that city as well.

It never ceases to amaze me at how little some of our well travelled friends have seen of the UK. We've covered a fair bit over the years but there's so much more we'd like to see. Now we don't like driving huge distances and aren't too keen on land tours (too much packing and unpacking) cruises have a great appeal. Everyone will have different experiences and wish lists of possible PoC but I think there is a huge potential to tap into.

I don't know if it was the same one you did english lady but our friend did a Fred one which particularly focused on great gardens so there were excursions at each port to visit notable gardens which apparently was very popular which is why she was attracted to the cruise. Of course there were lots of other options too.

Edited by kruzseeka

It never ceases to amaze me at how little some of our well travelled friends have seen of the UK. We've covered a fair bit over the years but there's so much more we'd like to see. Now we don't like driving huge distances and aren't too keen on land tours (too much packing and unpacking) cruises have a great appeal. Everyone will have different experiences and wish lists of possible PoC but I think there is a huge potential to tap into.

I don't know if it was the same one you did english lady but our friend did a Fred one which particularly focused on great gardens so there were excursions at each port to visit notable gardens which apparently was very popular which is why she was attracted to the cruise. Of course there were lots of other options too.

Which is rather strange as I am now looking at a cruise and maritime cruise, which is a round uk one, focusing on gardens...

As with most cruises its the unpack once see lovely places that appeals to us about a uk one. Well if pando do read this they will at least know that they would get bookings for a proper round UK cruise.

We cruised around the British Isles last year on Royal Princess and it was a very good cruise. I like some of the other ships in the Princess fleet better than Royal Princess but the itinerary was great, especially going into Liverpool. Many of the passengers weren't interested in the port but after they got off they loved all the culture and history the port has to offer. Most people then thought it was the best port of the itinerary. My favourite was Belfast with the Titanic quarter, I could happily go back there any day.