Prices slashed on uk we site

bogofman

Looks like we are going to have to cancel our December caribean cruise, prices have been slashed bt €1000 and includes drinks,

Balconies £599 Inc drinks

We will lose our £300 deposit but it's going to be worth it

Almost all balconies are the same price,

Does this happen every year, this is our first time in December.

Are you past final payment date and is it an onboard booking?

No we are not past final , that's in October, sail date 16th Dec.

Anyone got any experience with calling up the uk phone line and getting upgraded without losing deposit?

Aqua is £500 less than we are paying for a standard balcony.

Would we lose our OBC , since that is currently not on offer.

I assume they won't allow us to pay less than our invoice without canceling and losing £300

But is it possible to get an upgrade?

Anyone got any experience with calling up the uk phone line and getting upgraded without losing deposit?

I assume they won't allow us to pay less than our invoice without canceling and losing £300

If it's an onboard booking you could move the reservation to another future sailing and then rebook at today's rates without losing your deposit. Regarding upgrading, you can try but it's doubtful, especially if the Aqua cabins are currently less than you are paying for the regular balcony. You'd lose the OBC as that's not part of the new promo, but it would transfer to the new booking if it was extra OBC for booking onboard.

booked direct.

currently balcony is £700 less than our booking

if we lose the £300 deposit and the $300 OBC it would still be a saving by about £180

aqua is currently around £500 less than our standard balcony

Its so frustrating,

we did not book early for a cruise this summer , as we were stung the previous year, however the prices kept rising, not falling , so we did not book,

this time we book early and get stung again.

its the dreaded £300 deposit we always lose with UK bookings.

We always book onboard and take the bonus obc immediately. The deposit is $300 (convert at $1.68=1 GBP) and the bonus obc is also $300. If you decide later to cancel you essentially lose nothing because you didn't pay anything in the first place, you just gained £50 on the exchange rate imbalance.

You'll only get an upgrade if you are paying more, even just a few pounds more per person - are there not any Sky suites available at a reasonable price?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Early December, between US Thanksgiving and a week prior to Chistmas is always a great time to pick up discounted Caribbean cruises. Especially late booking 30 days out or so. We have been fortunate enough to snag four or five over time.

I suspect that this year will see even more attractive offers. We may bite if we can find something attractive for 10-14 days.

Same price drop happening for me, We book inside GTY Eclipse March 14, 2018, on June 8, 2017. By July one month later the same was $200 USCy down, in august was $300 and now is $500 less

And the reverse side for Silhouette March 2019 booking the total for the B2B increase $600

Prices checked in Celebrity USA, same for MX site

Edited by gerelmx

We always book onboard and take the bonus obc immediately. The deposit is $300 (convert at $1.68=1 GBP) and the bonus obc is also $300. If you decide later to cancel you essentially lose nothing because you didn't pay anything in the first place, you just gained £50 on the exchange rate imbalance.

But with an on board booking you can also transfer to another cruise without losing the deposited. I think the trick is to book something on board as far out as possible then if a really "good deal" comes out transfer your booking to that.

Last year we had a huge price drop but they would not let us transfer (it was the same week we had booked ) I cancelled and ended up with a higher grade cabin Concierge (on angle of the hump) instead of regular balcony plus still saved even after losing the £300 deposit. I was annoyed in that, had I waited a few days we could have saved the £300 as well but was pleased we ended up paying less than original price. We booked direct with Celebrity UK.

According to my travel agent in U.K. celebrity allows one upgrade without losing deposit but you lose perks and get current offer. If I had choice I would go for a suite as they are a steal at that price and they are amazing.unless

According to my travel agent in U.K. celebrity allows one upgrade without losing deposit but you lose perks and get current offer. If I had choice I would go for a suite as they are a steal at that price and they are amazing.unless

Captain's Club gives all past Celebrity cruiser's one upgrade every time you book but if you cancel or change the booking the UK rules are very clear - Your lose your deposit. Bookings made on board have different rules and is definitely the best option, after all you pay a deposit with one hand and they give it back with the other. Its a win-win - change your cruise without penalty and Celebrity pays your deposit, can't get any better.

Anything is possible. It does depend on how good a customer you are ! I have had a $500 refund after final payment when others say you can't. If you don't ask........