Anyone been on the Freedom lately ?

billy10

Saw her in October, in Cozumel, docked beside Liberty. Freedom looked bare by comparison, since she didn't have all of the slides that had been added on the aft of Liberty. Or Liberty looked cluttered, depending on one's perspective.5568c883f89b79be0b02e657f597c93e.jpg

For the diamond lounge cocktail hours on Freedom, do they take over one of the adjoining bars exclusively for diamonds, or do they just use the diamond lounge and have an overflow area outside the lounge? We are traveling with friends who are not diamond and won't be able to join us in the lounge, obviously, but on Vision we were able to sit in the bar right outside the diamond lounge with our non-diamond friends. I know we can use vouchers at other locations on board, but it's nice to have the proximity to grab snacks.

For the diamond lounge cocktail hours on Freedom, do they take over one of the adjoining bars exclusively for diamonds, or do they just use the diamond lounge and have an overflow area outside the lounge? We are traveling with friends who are not diamond and won't be able to join us in the lounge, obviously, but on Vision we were able to sit in the bar right outside the diamond lounge with our non-diamond friends. I know we can use vouchers at other locations on board, but it's nice to have the proximity to grab snacks.

Depends on the number of Diamond guests, but they could expand into the Viking Crown area.

By the way, with the drink vouchers, yiou can now join your non-Diamond friends in any bar and enjoy your 3 free drinks.

On the TA in April they used the Star Lounge for the evening cocktail party. It was always packed. I would get a drink and then meet my non diamond friends at Boleros. Never had a problem leaving the lounge with a drink in hand. They did check your card on the way in to the lounge. I was also able to get drinks for my friends at any bar with my coupons.

On the TA in April they used the Star Lounge for the evening cocktail party. It was always packed. I would get a drink and then meet my non diamond friends at Boleros. Never had a problem leaving the lounge with a drink in hand. They did check your card on the way in to the lounge. I was also able to get drinks for my friends at any bar with my coupons.

Ok, so not even near the diamond lounge. It will be interesting to see what they do on our cruise. There probably won't be as many diamonds as there would be on a TA. Thanks!

I'll try to remember to report back, as I sail in about 2 weeks on Freedom. I think the biggest thing I'll be looking at is what shape the stateroom is in that I booked (inside cabin). I had an inside cabin on the Adventure in Feb and really was surprised at the state it was in. It didn't detract from my experience, because I am not in my room much and it was clean, but it was basically falling apart. Handles falling off cabinetry, doors falling off the hinges, etc....just was surprising to see when the Adventure main areas seemed to be well maintained.

I disembarked Freedom 8 days and the ship's public areas are very well maintained and the staff seem happy. We were in a mod-ship JS and noticed that the bathroom was showing advanced signs of aging. There was a lot of dark orange rust, the sealing around the bath was patchy and the mirrored bathroom cupboard door (to the right and left of the sink) were very worn on the corners. It was just something we noticed, did not mention it on the survey - it did not impact our holiday!

The Diamond lounge was empty the 1 night we visited it on the 1st formal night. Not many Diamonds and Diamond+ on the European route. Also most people had a drinks package. We never even tried the Concierge lounge as it has no windows and figured it might be busy as all the suites were sold out.

Happy to answer any other questions if I can :-)

Alison