Travel insurance

If you're concerned about pre-existing conditions, the best thing to do on your next cruise, is to get the insurance within a week (maybe more depending on the company) of booking the cruise. With most companies (need to ask), you only have to insure the amount of your deposit. As you pay more on the cruise, you incrementally pay more on the insurance. For example, you would buy the policy near the time you book the cruise, and insure the amount you put down. Then, at final payment, you would insure the rest.

The cost of the insurance is dependent upon the amount insured. So, the cost of the insurance will be very cheap for only the amount of the deposit. BTW, most insurance is purchased in $500 increments. That is, it costs as much to insure a $501 amount as it does to insure a $999 amount.

I think usaA has 30 days for pre existing.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

There is NO USA set standard as to the number of days regarding pre-existing conditions. Terms and Conditions vary between Insurance Companies as well as very between policies offered by the same company.

Also keep in mind for those that get insurance through Royal you need to specifically pay for the insurance WAY before final payment to have the full benefits after final payment. If you wait to pay with final payment you will not have coverage for preexisting conditions. I believe preexisting is only covered 90 days after payment so you would want to pay that at least 160 days before sailing. At least that is the way the insurance company explained it to me a few years ago and if you think about it it makes sense. I now either don't get it through them or pay the premium amount shortly after booking noting that it is specifically the insurance portion.

BonVoyage

Dawna

We are on the January 30th sailing on oasis of the seas. Final payment is due November 9th. When do I have until to get travel insurance?

Well you certainly got lots of opinions on pre-existing conditions even though you didn't ask about it. Not sure about RCCL insurance, but you can still buy independent insurance for sure.

How come, whenever there is an insurance thread, people think they can just show up and post wrong information about coverage?

All policies are different. You have to read your policy to know what is or is not covered. You can do this by going to a site like insuremytrip.com and reading through the coverages that are available.

People, stop posting random garbage!

Insurance threads are the most unhelpful threads on this forum.

Edited by marci22

There is NO USA set standard as to the number of days regarding pre-existing conditions. Terms and Conditions vary between Insurance Companies as well as very between policies offered by the same company.

Not sure, but I think that knittinggirl was referring to the insurance company USAA.

Not sure, but I think that knittinggirl was referring to the insurance company USAA.

That's the way I read it, too.

As an aside, USAA doesn't actually offer travel insurance themselves. They partner with Travel Insured International who offer their policies at a discount to USAA members.

We are on the January 30th sailing on oasis of the seas. Final payment is due November 9th. When do I have until to get travel insurance?

Suggest you shop around and compare other polices in addition to RCCL's. Some reliable sites are:

Edited by xxoocruiser

As others said, try some websites, entering your details. As you have not yet made final payment, you might well find a terrific policy that suits your needs. If you cannot find one that suits you (for example they exclude pre-existing conditions and that is really important to you), consider all options...such as canceling current cruise booking then booking a similar one. Happy insurance hunting and good luck