Do they change the comforters on the beds between sailings?

I'm the only one who sleeps in my bed in my home. When you arrive on embarkation day, somebody else woke up in that bed a few hours ago.

This totally grosses me out! Y'all are worried about the duvet...but I absolutely cannot sleep on those used pillows! Even with a clean pillowcase, I know hundreds/maybe thousands of people have sweated, drooled, whatever on that pillow[emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

The pillows all have pillow protectors in addition to the pillowcase so those protectors should be getting cleaned regularly. The protectors should be preventing any transfer to the pillows themselves. I reckon the pillows do get cleaned though as I found feather pillows in my studio cabin and when I asked housekeeping to change them they told me the only feather pillows on the ship should be in the Haven suites, so the only way they could have wound up in my cabin was via a mix-up in laundry.

The other thing about the comforters (minus other guests bodily fluids) is that I've seen people put their suitcases on the bed. Suitcases get rolled around to a lot of places on their journey. They've also been rolled into bathrooms. I've even accidentally wheeled my suitcase through dog poop. I don't put my suitcase on the bed, but what if I did? Do you want to sleep in a dog poop bed?

People also often take the comforters off the bed and throw them in a corner on the floor for the week. They get put back on the bed after that guest checks out.

I just asked a friend of mine who worked at Hampton Inn many years ago as a housekeeper. She confirmed that they did not change the top blanket (comforter), sometimes for MONTHS at a time. That is really gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NCL, as do most other lines, put out that plastic thing on the bed for your luggage the first day.

Now I know why I don't stay at Hampton Inns.

When I saw the title of this thread, I told myself NOT to open it (germaphobe here) but clearly I didn't listen. I was really hoping someone would say YES they change out the comforters. But so far that is no one's answer. UGH! I know they do not usually do it in hotels (so they end up not getting used) but I was really hoping that was not the case on cruise ships.

Same here hahaha but here I am reading it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

hahahaha...ikr....i guess they could sit on the changed sheets as well! I use to pack our own sheets/pillowcases, pillows and blankets....DH was like..are we ever going to pack lighter? Haha....so now I have a shoe bag..in place of the bedding!!!!! It's all good!!!!!:cool: CHEERS!!!! More wine please!

The first thing I do when I arrive at any hotel that has anything other than a duvet cover is to strip the comforter and throw it in the corner.

I do too. And I don't want it back on my bed the next day.

I never use the glasses before I wash them. [emoji37]

Super gross, and totally true.

I have always heard that comforters don't get changed in hotels unless they are showing visible signs of dirt and gross.

I realize we have immune systems and such, but I don't have any desire to cuddle up with someone else's intimate moments, and I have seen people kick their feet up on the couches (and pillows) with their shoes on...shoes that have been in the bathroom where toilets overflow and sometimes children (or squatting adults) accidentally pee on the floor. Do I want to lay my head down and take a nap on pee pillows? No. Sperm pillows? Absolutely not. Hotel (and cruise rooms) are gross. You can't avoid it if you want to take a vacation, but I disinfect as many surfaces as I can, and I never nap on the couch, or sit on it in pajamas that I will later curl up with under clean sheets. "Outside" clothes only.

I'm with you. I could go on and I did but I deleted it all. [emoji37]

I know this is weird. But I don't even want to share my husband's pillow. He can be gross too [emoji10]

Also I know they throw them on the floor when making the bed.

So I brought a clean garbage bag and stuffed my pillows in it. Threw it in the closet and shut the door. MY closet. ([emoji23]at my genius idea).

Came back later and they were back on the bed! [emoji15][emoji19]

(That eHarmony statement cracked me up. Rudely funny. Sorry OP. I'm sure you laughed too)

I know this is weird. But I don't even want to share my husband's pillow. He can be gross too [emoji10]

Also I know they throw them on the floor when making the bed.

So I brought a clean garbage bag and stuffed my pillows in it. Threw it in the closet and shut the door. MY closet. ([emoji23]at my genius idea).

Came back later and they were back on the bed! [emoji15][emoji19]

(That eHarmony statement cracked me up. Rudely funny. Sorry OP. I'm sure you laughed too)

Haha! You would think they'd attempt to figure out why the pillows were in a bag in the first place before putting them back on the bed.

How about the robes? Do we use the robes that are hanging in our closet which other people certainly did wear? Hopefully, they have been changed out and laundered between guest changeovers?

Yes, we have worn them but leave them on the bed on the last morning. By doing that, we hope that they will send them to the laundry.

These are all issues that we can discuss with the Hotel Director at C.C. Meet and Greets.

Often the night before a cruise ends I have seen a new comforter and sheets in a plastic zip bag, either under the bed or in a closet ready to use the next day when I vacate the room. I have also noticed the day before getting off, the vacuum cleaners out in the hall for a good vacuum that day. New rolls of toilet paper, box of Kleenex under the sink...Topped up. Sometimes I have already cleared out the bathroom cabinet and the steward has cleaned the shelves. The night before, late at night I have smelled carpet cleaner refresher sprayed in hallways. Some of these things happen every cruise or cruise line I have been on.

They really clear out the bedding asap

On the final morning, I have come back to my cabin after breakfast to pick up my carry-on and even the toilet paper roll has that little fold on the end for the next cruisers!

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 6.0 HD using Tapatalk

This is an interesting subject. I never ever got grossed out about using a hotels comforter unless I saw obvious signs that it needed a good washing. I don't sleep with the comforter in my mouth. I don't have the patience to bring my own linens everywhere I go either. I clean my own linens at home regularly...out of habit mostly. That said, we had a friend stay at our house for a week to watch our dogs while we went on a cruise. I cleaned the guest room top to bottom and but all new linens on the bed. She brought her own. I could not believe it....then I found out that she had issues with using anyone else's toilets.........so I am pretty sure she was not watching our dogs all day long like we paid her to do. I am pretty sure that her obsession with germs ( something we did not know at the time ) caused her to go home a lot....our house was exceptionally clean so it has nothing to do with our housekeeping but more to do with her quirks. Not even sure she stayed the night with our girls. Needless to say, we never got her to sit with our dogs again. In any case, germs are not all bad for you. If you eliminate all the bad germs you never build up a tolerance. Just saying.