Where's my AARP Carnival Gift Card??

vinsheer

Ok, just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them and how AARP handled it? I've been ordering Carnival gift cards for the last couple months. Usually $100 or $200 once or twice a week lately. I have never had a problem before and always received them within a few days. The $500 cards always needed to be signed for. One of the $100 cards I ordered on the 13th has not come. The 2 cards I ordered on the 18th however showed up today. Usually they come in order and I'm careful to check the order numbers off as they come in. Of course now it's Sunday so I'll have to wait to check the mail Monday and then call but in the meantime just wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

No issue here....always came within timeframe expected.....call them and give them the info on the purchase and they should be able to at least see if it was mailed out to you....some people get an email when AARP mail the GC out after purchase....sometimes I get the email and sometimes I don't....but no issue with receiving them...

We haven't had an issue with ours arriving in time. Unfortunately, that's the risk we take with ordering them in the mail. You could try giving them a call to check, maybe your order hasn't been processed for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have always received an email with tracking number from UPS. I have always ordered $500.00 worth, either 1 $500.00 or 5 $100.00. Is it different with less than $500.00?

While amounts of $500 need a signature, smaller amounts don't. My $500 cards come UPS and I get ample warning as to their arrival. Lesser amounts come via the USPS, and I think I got a link to track those as well. AARP and Verizon Wireless have the same delivery process.

Might be different carriers depending on your delivery address, so YMMV. Since the OP is a repeat customer, he/she isn't subjected to the verification process that 1st time orderers get. I hope they are there Monday for the OP!

How much are the gift cards? Do they expire?? Thinking about hoarding some for our next cruise. Silly question, but you can use them to pay for the actual cruise right??. (Not just on board.)

Ok, just wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them and how AARP handled it? I've been ordering Carnival gift cards for the last couple months. Usually $100 or $200 once or twice a week lately. I have never had a problem before and always received them within a few days. The $500 cards always needed to be signed for. One of the $100 cards I ordered on the 13th has not come. The 2 cards I ordered on the 18th however showed up today. Usually they come in order and I'm careful to check the order numbers off as they come in. Of course now it's Sunday so I'll have to wait to check the mail Monday and then call but in the meantime just wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

I also had an issue with a lengthy delivery time for the gift cards. I had placed several orders in a short time frame and the same thing happened to me. I received my order for a $500 card quicker than other orders for lesser amounts (due to the different shipping method and signature required). Then I received my order for $200 in gift cards sooner than than an order for $100 (which was placed about three days sooner and was the first of all of the orders that I placed). It took a bit longer to get the first order, but it did come. You can check your AARP account to see the date the cards were shipped. Give it about ten days from the date they say it was shipped before you panic. My personal opinion, but I don't think they actually ship them on the date they say they do.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

How much are the gift cards? Do they expire?? Thinking about hoarding some for our next cruise. Silly question, but you can use them to pay for the actual cruise right??. (Not just on board.)

The gift cards are 10% off the face value ($100 cards are $90, $500 cards are $450). They do not expire and yes you can use them to pay for the actual cruise.

Do you know if this gift card benefit exists for other cruise lines?

They also have them for Royal Caribbean, but you can only use them for booking a new sailing. They are more like a cruise certificaterather than a gift card. The Carnival ones are actual gift cards, just like any other gift card.

They also have them for Royal Caribbean, but you can only use them for booking a new sailing. They are more like a cruise certificaterather than a gift card. The Carnival ones are actual gift cards, just like any other gift card.

and my understanding re: Royal Caribbean cards is that you can only use them for new bookings which must be done directly with RCI, not a TA

I also had an issue with a lengthy delivery time for the gift cards. I had placed several orders in a short time frame and the same thing happened to me. I received my order for a $500 card quicker than other orders for lesser amounts (due to the different shipping method and signature required). Then I received my order for $200 in gift cards sooner than than an order for $100 (which was placed about three days sooner and was the first of all of the orders that I placed). It took a bit longer to get the first order, but it did come. You can check your AARP account to see the date the cards were shipped. Give it about ten days from the date they say it was shipped before you panic. My personal opinion, but I don't think they actually ship them on the date they say they do.

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, and this sounds like what happened to me. The $200.00 cards arrived before the other...out of order. Gives me some relief while I wait to call. Happy cruising everyone!!

One question which may sound stupid, but where or how do you order them ? Obviously they are from AARP, but is there a particular site to go to ? Thanks.

Here is the website:

http://www.advantages.aarp.org

You have to sign up for the AARP Member Advantages rewards, but you don't have to be a member of AARP and you don't have to join AARP. You will get points just for creating a profile and the points are super easy to get. You can answer some quizzes, sign up for newsletters, and they will send you emails with promo codes for free points. You have to use 1000 points for every $100 gift card you wish to purchase, by like I said, you can accumulate the points very quickly and easily.

I have had it happen. I ordered 1-$100 gift card each on two accounts on the same day. Same shipping date. Received one. Called about the other one. They said they cannot file a claim until it has been 10 business days. After that they take the information and research. Received a call in a couple of days asking if I wanted to cancel or send another one. I chose send another and received it in about 1 week.

I have had it happen. I ordered 1-$100 gift card each on two accounts on the same day. Same shipping date. Received one. Called about the other one. They said they cannot file a claim until it has been 10 business days. After that they take the information and research. Received a call in a couple of days asking if I wanted to cancel or send another one. I chose send another and received it in about 1 week.

Thanks so much for your input. Feeling a lot better now...

Still have not received the gift card, however after my phone call they said it had been returned to them as undeliverable?? I have received a lot of these cards to the same address over the last two years and never had this problem. Must have just been a fluke. They said they are resending it so I'm sure it will be here soon. Just ordered 3 more tonight so I must believe them, right?