MAJOR Change in Crown & Anchor Benefits for Diamond and above

mauibill

We are departing for a 10-day cruise in a short while. I wanted to check on our Crown & Anchor Benefits before leaving and WHOA!, I stumbled into a MAJOR change. No more free mixed drinks! What do you think of this?

Here's the quote:

"The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event is a benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club member and cannot be extended to include friends and family due to limited space. The event will take place approximately between the hours of 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm in a dedicated lounge and will feature complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine), fountain drinks, and a 'happy hour' discount of 25% off beer and drinks with liquor. Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and cannot be removed from the venue. On ships where a Diamond Lounge is available there will be no Nightly Special Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room."

That's not a change, same wording as before. All but two ships have a DL now, and from what I read, the 2 ships that don't have a DL still serve mixed drinks and beer.

Oh, and Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Edited by clarea

We are departing for a 10-day cruise in a short while. I wanted to check on our Crown & Anchor Benefits before leaving and WHOA!, I stumbled into a MAJOR change. No more free mixed drinks! What do you think of this?

Here's the quote:

"The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event is a benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club member and cannot be extended to include friends and family due to limited space. The event will take place approximately between the hours of 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm in a dedicated lounge and will feature complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine), fountain drinks, and a 'happy hour' discount of 25% off beer and drinks with liquor. Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and cannot be removed from the venue. On ships where a Diamond Lounge is available there will be no Nightly Special Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room."

This is not a change, it is old information!

The Diamond Event was bought in in Sep 2009 to compensate for the Diamonds who were no longer allowed in the CL. The Diamond Event only served bubbles and wine.

However since then all ships are being revitalised and a specific Diamond Lounge is being installed, and in the Diamond Lounge you get the full remit of included drinks, including mixed drinks.

I think that there are only 2 ships left to be revitalised. I know Jewel is one of them, and I'm sure someone will chip in with the other one......

Panic over. :rolleyes:

... I think that there are only 2 ships left to be revitalised. I know Jewel is one of them, and I'm sure someone will chip in with the other one......

Majesty is currently the other, but we we may soon have to include Empress, Monarch, and Sovereign.

This is not a change, it is old information!

The Diamond Event was bought in in Sep 2009 to compensate for the Diamonds who were no longer allowed in the CL. The Diamond Event only served bubbles and wine.

However since then all ships are being revitalised and a specific Diamond Lounge is being installed, and in the Diamond Lounge you get the full remit of included drinks, including mixed drinks.

I think that there are only 2 ships left to be revitalised. I know Jewel is one of them, and I'm sure someone will chip in with the other one......

There is no Diamond Lounge on the Majesty. :)

That's not a change, same wording as before. All but two ships have a DL now, and from what I read, the 2 ships that don't have a DL still serve mixed drinks and beer.

Oh, and Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Cruise Critic is a terrific source of info! Actually, I am Diamond Plus. The change I was referring to is that previously there has been a menu of mixed drinks available at no charge. The list included Manhattans, etc. Again, at No Charge. Buying with a 25% discount is NOT free. I believe this is a significant, negative change. And, to preclude any comments regarding my personal ability from anyone to afford a mixed drink, please allow me to state that, yes, I can afford to buy mixed drinks. It's a significant LOST BENEFIT in my opinion. And, one that will not go unnoticed for long by Loyalty Members.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Cruise Critic is a terrific source of info! Actually, I am Diamond Plus. The change I was referring to is that previously there has been a menu of mixed drinks available at no charge. The list included Manhattans, etc. Again, at No Charge. Buying with a 25% discount is NOT free. I believe this is a significant, negative change. And, to preclude any comments regarding my personal ability from anyone to afford a mixed drink, please allow me to state that, yes, I can afford to buy mixed drinks. It's a significant LOST BENEFIT in my opinion. And, one that will not go unnoticed for long by Loyalty Members.

Again, you are misreading the paragraph you posted.

The paragraph refers to a DIAMOND EVENT. That event was only held on ships WITHOUT A DIAMOND LOUNGE. Nothing has changed with regard to drinks served in the DIAMOND LOUNGE. Please note that DIAMOND LOUNGE does not equal DIAMOND EVENT. Confusing wording, but since you are Diamond Plus, you know to expect that from Royal.

I have no idea where you got that quote from, but it is very old. The " Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event" has been replaced by a Dedicated Diamond Lounge on all but 2 RCI ships.

Here is the Drink Menu compliments of Merion Mom http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44833138&postcount= which will be available in your cabin upon your arrival.

Edited by cruisenfever

again this is ONLY FOR EVENTS. and was ALWAYS like that.

the LOUNGES still have a limited menu of mixed drinks. and in fact many bar stewards in these lounges will go off menu within reason. for instance I always get my cranberry juice and sparkling wine.

The change I was referring to is that previously there has been a menu of mixed drinks available at no charge. The list included Manhattans, etc. Again, at No Charge. Buying with a 25% discount is NOT free. I believe this is a significant, negative change.

It's been a while since I've been on a ship with a Diamond Event (Majesty) but when I was, mixed drinks were not free. They were 25% off.

Like the others said, it doesn't look like anything has changed. Is it possible you're confusing the DL with the D event? :confused:

Edited by Aquahound

I am the wife of Maui Bill and yes, he mistook the Diamond Event for the Diamond Lounge! His first time on.....please cut him some slack! I usually do all the cruising stuff!

We love Cruise Critic and all the input gathered over the years. Happy times ahead to all!

:)

I was on the Jewel in September and we went to the DL in the Vortex every evening before, and sometimes after, dinner. And had a great time!

So, I am now confused. As an almost diamond (will be after next week' s cruise), I had understood that there was an evening gathering in the DL every night with complimentary beer, wine , mixed drinks. When would there be the three drinks loaded on our seapass cards to be used in the 5-8 time frame at other bars? Was that a temporary thing and now gone?

So, I am now confused. As an almost diamond (will be after next week' s cruise), I had understood that there was an evening gathering in the DL every night with complimentary beer, wine , mixed drinks. When would there be the three drinks loaded on our seapass cards to be used in the 5-8 time frame at other bars? Was that a temporary thing and now gone?

The 3 free drinks you can use at any bar are IN ADDITION to the unlimited free drinks in the DL. This is for folks that want to enjoy their free drinks in a venue other than the DL. These 3 free drink vouchers are loaded daily and can only be used during the time the DL is hosting the nightly cocktail hour.

Edited by clarea

The 3 free drinks you can use at any bar are IN ADDITION to the unlimited free drinks in the DL. This is for folks that want to enjoy their free drinks in a venue other than the DL. These 3 free drink vouchers are loaded daily and can only be used during the time the DL is hosting the nightly cocktail hour.

Thanks so much for the quick clarification. This perk will be a nice addition to our cruise experience.

It's been a while since I've been on a ship with a Diamond Event (Majesty) but when I was, mixed drinks were not free. They were 25% off.

Like the others said, it doesn't look like anything has changed. Is it possible you're confusing the DL with the D event? :confused:

Mixed drinks are now

free at Majesty's Diamond Event.

Edited by FLACRUISER99

I was on the Jewel in September and we went to the DL in the Vortex every evening before, and sometimes after, dinner. And had a great time!

Actually, you didn't - Jewel doesn't have a Diamond LOUNGE yet. But she does things right, so her Diamond EVENT is virtually indistinguishable from what you will encounter after her 2016 drydock. But had you gone up there in the morning you would not have found a Diamond Concierge or cappuccino machine. :)

Just off the Jewel. They gave us anything and everything we asked for during the 5-8:30 cocktail hour up in the lounge next to the Vortex. I know it is not technically a diamond lounge, but honestly it was pretty much the same. Drinks, snacks. The only thing missing was the coffee machine. Danny and Maria are wonderful!