Getaway Live!! March 26-April 2

Gimmiethebeach

We left Colorado at 6:20 this morning, in 30+ mph winds and sleet and snow. It was a fitting send off since this past week we have had beautiful, and unseasonably warm, 75 degree days. It's just so much more satisfying leaving the cold for the sunny Caribbean!

A quick connection in Nashville has us now in an Uber going from Fort Lauderdale to our hotel in North Miami. We flew in two days early because the kids didn't have school today, and the flights were much cheaper. It's looking like tomorrow might be a beach day for us. Then finally we will be on the Getaway on Sunday!

Look what greated us at FLL. Nothing like a little Guy Harvey to get you excited for NCL!

d0dbffe5b4daba693c283baecf8f0ca3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our hotel is one of those that looks amazing in the lobby and then you get off the elevator and the hallway smells like cat food. Like literally. But we are right on the beach so we will do our best to stay out of the hallway.

First drink of vacation (well, ok, first drink of the trip in Florida). Cheers!

5dbd467de84057b9b26cdc16e7624aed.jpg

Our hotel is one of those that looks amazing in the lobby and then you get off the elevator and the hallway smells like cat food. Like literally. But we are right on the beach so we will do our best to stay out of the hallway.

First drink of vacation (well, ok, first drink of the trip in Florida). Cheers!

5dbd467de84057b9b26cdc16e7624aed.jpg

Beach anywhere is better than snow-smells and all!! Enjoy the sun!

Lisa

It's super windy on the Atlantic coast today. Both a red flag and a purple flag flying. I just looked up the purple flag and it means marine pests are present in the water. Aidan is now done swimming and Patrick is arguing with him about it. Ahh, the joys of vacation.

After our beach time, and Patrick getting a small sting from something in the water on the side of his face [emoji33], we did our usual running around to grab the things we didn't want to lug in our bags from Colorado. And the things we forgot. Shampoo, sunscreen, toothbrush, etc. When Kevin opened his bag this morning he realized the flip flops he packed had been loved on by one of the puppies we fostered. Oops. So a trip to Marshals was in order as well. We always seem to do this the day before a cruise. We would be in big trouble if we ever flew in the the same day as embarkation!

I just have to share that I am writing this while I'm getting a pedicure at some little nail place across from our hotel. First, I feel like I'm in that Seinfeld episode where Elaine was getting her nails done and they were all talking about her. These two ladies and talking and laughing and pointing at the toes of the customer sitting next to me. Second, I've never wanted to kick someone in the face so bad. This woman is killing me. I'm talking calf massage with her nails and digging into my skin to get the extra polish off. I should have splurged on the ship and dealt with the hard sell of the over priced products!

One more sleep and we are on the ship! [emoji4][emoji484][emoji322]

So fun fact of the trip #1. If you find a coconut on the beach in all of the seaweed and dead jellyfish, it's best to leave it there. Bringing it in to the room and opening it up is just not advised unless you enjoy the smell of rotten milk and vomit coming out of your sink drain. Hello 16 year old boys.

Fun fact #2. Umbrellas at CVS are $20 each and we are cheap about stuff like that. And it's raining in Miami tonight.

4d52d9c9c2eff947e1aef7e21c690f48.jpg