Elite Benefits Per Person or Per Cabin

dabear

Just graduated to Elite for the next trip. If we get the vouchers, can they only be used 5-7 or any time. If it's anytime that would dissuade me from buying the drinks package.

Also, is there any limitation to the type of drinks.

Thanks

When vouchers are given they apply only to a limited drink menu which will be at the bars. Same menu that is offered at the regular Elite function.

Non-elites are not allowed at any elite functions. I do know this to be fact. Celebrity is rather strict with their Captain's Club member benefits.

Non-Elites staying in the same cabin ARE allowed into the 5-7 pm social hour. Not sure about other events. They do not get the coupon sheets in the cabin for other perks.

Right. I think there is a misunderstanding in the wording here. Non elite members, like friends travelling with you in a different cabin, are not allowed at Elite functions. Your cabin mate, be it your adult child or non Elite significant other or whomever, will be welcome at Elite functions. However, only the Elite member will receive the coupon list.

Actually, I was going to add that if drink vouchers are used only the Elite member in the cabin would receive them, not the non Elite member as well....but I've never had this experience. Am I correct here?

Edited by helen haywood

I suspect that this may be one of those things that vary from ship to ship and host to host, but here was my experience being Elite traveling with a non-Elite room mate. She got the coupons based on her personal membership level, but also got vouchers. The Captain's Club host said that since she would have been allowed to accompany my to the Cocktail Hour for drinks, that she could get the drinks vouchers too as an equivalent.

It would not be surprising, however, if on another cruise she would not get the vouchers and could only accompany me to the actual Sky Lounge CCocktail party each evening.

In any case, the rules regarding non-Elite traveling in the same stateroom as Elite are that the non-Elite can come to the Elite breakfast and cocktail parties, when held.

Edited by cruisestitch

If both dw and I are Elite members, are we each entitled to certain benefits (or one per cabin)such as : pressing of 2 garments, 1 standard bag of laundry complementary, 90 minutes internet and 1 piece dry cleaning ? We will be on a 12 night cruise shortly.

Will this be your 1st sailing at this level?

I quizzed Celebrity at length about this topic. My SO and I live together. His Captain's Club status is significantly lower than mine (one cruise compared to my six, most in suites). The woman I spoke with at Captain's Club stated that persons traveling together/sharing a cabin and who live at the same address are entitled to the benefits of the higher level cruiser. Now I didn't get into the specifics of the coupons as I was most concerned about his being able to attend the events with me. Frankly, other than the laundry services and the Internet minutes, I don't use many of them. Please don't flame me about not using coupons.:D That is not what this thread is discussing.

I quizzed Celebrity at length about this topic. My SO and I live together. His Captain's Club status is significantly lower than mine (one cruise compared to my six, most in suites). The woman I spoke with at Captain's Club stated that persons traveling together/sharing a cabin and who live at the same address are entitled to the benefits of the higher level cruiser. Now I didn't get into the specifics of the coupons as I was most concerned about his being able to attend the events with me. Frankly, other than the laundry services and the Internet minutes, I don't use many of them. Please don't flame me about not using coupons.:D That is not what this thread is discussing.

He will be able to attend the events with you, but only you will get perk coupons.

He will be able to attend the events with you, but only you will get perk coupons.

Great! My first cruise so I have no Captain's Club status per se but I am rooming with my sister who is elite. I don't drink so I'm not concerned about coupons but I am happy I'll be able to attend the events with her. Though I wish I had that laundry perk...ah well, I'll work towards that. :)