Michaels Club on the Equinox

bunburyseagull

Hi everyone,

We are in the process of maybe upgrading to a Celebrity suite from our 1B balcony room,for our Med cruise in September! Could you please tell me about Michaels Club? Where is it? What times is it open? Also we lose our beverage package if we upgrade and was wondering if alcoholic drinks through out the day are included in the Suite price in michaels club? Thank you in advance!!

Jill

Michael's Club is accessed off the Ensemble Lounge on deck 5. It is open all day. The Concierge will be there for part of the day (hours will vary). The bar is open for much of the day. They don't have fresh squeezed juices, or smoothies, so those are two beverages you would lose out on.

Thank you for your reply, are you able to order a drink and take it with you?

could you also take an unopened beer,soda etc to your room?

It depends on who's running Michael's Club. On Reflection we weren't allowed to take beverages out of the club, but on Summit it was ok.

We were on the Equinox a few months ago and loved our Celebrity Suite. The room is well worth the expense. As for Michaels Club, we found ourselves there at least once per day for drinks or to speak to the concierge. The concierge was great. She was very helpful in arranging extra excursions and also when we had difficulty with our dinner reservations. I don't think you can go wrong with a switch to a suite.

You know you will have to upgrade to a Celebrity suite or higher yes?......sky suites don't have access.......

Hi everyone,

We are in the process of maybe upgrading to a Celebrity suite from our 1B balcony room,for our Med cruise in September! Could you please tell me about Michaels Club? Where is it? What times is it open? Also we lose our beverage package if we upgrade and was wondering if alcoholic drinks through out the day are included in the Suite price in michaels club? Thank you in advance!!

Jill

You know you will have to upgrade to a Celebrity suite or higher yes?......sky suites don't have access.......

Well spotted! I had assumed that the OP had written "Celebrity Suite" [and thought, "big upgrade!"] but you are correct, it was "Celebrity suite".

bunburyseagull

You will only get access to Michael's Club if you upgrade to a Celebrity Suite. The lowest categories of suite are Sky Suites [s1 and S2] and you will get no beverages included and no Michael's Club access. You will get access to Luminae, the suite dining room.

If you are looking at a Celebrity Suite, you will have access to Michael's club which is open 24 hours but the bar is not staffed for that long. Whilst the bar is no staffed, there will limited access to beverages. Possibly just water. When the bar is staffed, you should be able to obtain and beverage available on the ship [within reason]. Someone said no fresh squeezed orange juice or smoothies but I am not sure if they asked.

On our latest cruise, one of the bar staff would go to collect cocktails from the Martini Bar that they could not make in Michael's Club. Some people would come in each night, have their cocktail collected from the Martini Bar and, then, take the cocktail back to the Martini Bar to be with their friends.

From reading Cruise Critic, guests should be allowed to take drinks from Michael's Club but there have been reports of Concierges who do not allow it.

We were in Michael's club on Equinox in April. The waiter would often ask us if we wanted a drink to go...sometimes we would if we were drinking something we did not have in our bar set up in the room.

People regularly dropped in and picked up a can, bottle, glass of wine to take to dinner. The same was true on the Summit and Solstice. I guess rules have been put in place if people have really tried to abuse the system, take lots of drinks out and possibly not for their own consumption.

As previous post stated, pleas check you are upgrading to at least a Celebrity Suite. On Equinox we met two very unhappy couples in Sky Suites who had been told that they would have access to Michael's by their travel agent.

It seems each ship has different procedures in place for Michaels. I have read on other threads that it should be uniform and that you should be able to take drinks out of Michaels. Don't know if this is true.

My experience on Equinox was that whatever time of day or night we went into Michaels the bar attendant was always there or would soon show up to fix a drink. Still don't know how he would know when we were in there.

Of course, water and sodas were available 24/7. We always were able to carry a drink out. We would take a glass of wine into dinner and a liqueur after dinner to take to our cabin.

Michaels is one of many reasons we cruise in suites. If you can upgrade to a Celebrity Suite, it will be a very special experience.

It depends on who's running Michael's Club. On Reflection we weren't allowed to take beverages out of the club, but on Summit it was ok.

Ah, good old Celebrity. Consistently being inconsistent. Perhaps you would share the name of the concierge who prevented you from taking drinks from Michael's.

We had absolutely no problem with this on the Connie with Bogdan as concierge.

Ah, good old Celebrity. Consistently being inconsistent. Perhaps you would share the name of the concierge who prevented you from taking drinks from Michael's.

We had absolutely no problem with this on the Connie with Bogdan as concierge.

Also wonder of the timing of the discrepancy, seems back in feb or so, they were supposedly having specific talks to all MC's to allow drinks to be taken out.

Just off a July sailing on X Reflection and most evenings I would visit Michaels before dinner and have a Campari and soda before returning to the room with another for myself and Aperol spritz for my DW.:D

After dinner or whaterver entertainment we had seen that night we would invairably return to Michaels for a last drink and to chat with whoever was there. We would then take a Calvados and a Benedictine back to the suite to drink on the balcony before retiring. Oh happy days:)

Edited by groryjm
my appauling spelling

• 1 month later...

On Reflection we were allowed to take glasses outside, no problem. On Summit I overheard that it wasn't advised, but no issue.

I'd recommend discretion.

If Milicia, (Millie) is your Michael's conceierge, she is wonderful. Will do her best to accommodate any request. One the bartender (our favorite was Alex) knows what you like he'll be sure to have for you each day. We get water there for excursions, drinks anytime and afternoon snacks. It's a lovely room and the often bring in some entertainers from the different musical groups for just suite guests to enjoy. We were on last summer when the World Cup was on and crew stopped in to watch frequently. You will love Micael's Club.

Edited by Chazteach1

• 2 weeks later...

This is from their web page under bars and lounges.

Michael's Club

A private lounge for those in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection Suites, as well as for Captain’s Club Zenith members. This luxurious club features a large-screen TV, reading areas stocked with magazines, newspapers, and books, plus a continental breakfast. Complimentary pre-dinner drinks and tapas are served 5–8 PM daily. Its dedicated Concierge can help arrange your specialty dining, shore excursions, even handle inquiries about various ports of call. Desk hours vary by itinerary. Michael’s Club is available 24 hours a day.

Joe:confused:

This is from their web page under bars and lounges.

Michael's Club

A private lounge for those in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection Suites, as well as for Captain’s Club Zenith members. This luxurious club features a large-screen TV, reading areas stocked with magazines, newspapers, and books, plus a continental breakfast. Complimentary pre-dinner drinks and tapas are served 5–8 PM daily. Its dedicated Concierge can help arrange your specialty dining, shore excursions, even handle inquiries about various ports of call. Desk hours vary by itinerary. Michael’s Club is available 24 hours a day.

Joe:confused:

Note the classes of suites listed: "Celebrity" "Signature" "Royal" "Penthouse" and "Reflection" A "Sky Suite (S1 &S2) are just below the level of a Celebrity Suite and do not have access.