Cruises, last half of 2018

msmillie

I love the way everyone always seems to want to take a shot at Regent. :rolleyes:

Seems like Crystal is the only line showing voyages out into 2019 so far. Considering the state of the world right now, it's probably prudent to not plan too far in the future.

Regent typically puts out the 2nd half of the year itineraries around October. Since including the Explorer, the schedule seems to be off a bit. When the itineraries do come out, it will likely be through the end of 2018 and not go into 2019 (although with all of the changes, anything is possible).

P.S. Bill - like your avatar!

I love the way everyone always seems to want to take a shot at Regent. :rolleyes:

Seems like Crystal is the only line showing voyages out into 2019 so far. Considering the state of the world right now, it's probably prudent to not plan too far in the future.

No shot intended; just stating a fact. I totally agree with your statement "it's probably prudent to not plan too far in the future."

Marc

Marc, apologies if I misinterpreted your previous post - maybe with all the Regent-bashing that's been going on lately I'm seeing snark where none exists. Sorry.

TC - thanks, thought I'd get rid of the old 'Cunard Formal Night' avatar pic and go with a more goofy representation of how I behave (or not) on a cruise. :D

• 2 months later...

Checked with Regent today via our TA and now looks like the balance of 2018 itineraries will be released mid-late January. UUNetBill last reported a January 11th or 18th release date. Also, checked if Regent will offering the Northwest Passage in second half of 2018, the Regent rep did not know if the NWP will be offered--do hope so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The sooner they get some additional itineraries posted, the better. We're going to have to reschedule our August cruise due to work commitments, and since we're already booked on a January '18 cruise, we're going to need to pick something later in the year...

C'mon, dudes, let's get some itineraries posted!!! :p

Also, checked if Regent will offering the Northwest Passage in second half of 2018, the Regent rep did not know if the NWP will be offered--do hope so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NWP is number 1 on my bucket list - when the Crystal ship arrived in NYC after completing the NWP the news coverage was substantial so people who had never before considered such a voyage are now looking into such a trip. My adventure seeking traveling friends who would never consider a cruise are now eagerly awaiting to see what is coming down the pike. We are all still working so much depends on the dates.

gnomie :)

Gnomie, our cruise bucket list high pri location (NWP) will have to wait. Alas, just heard from FDR and due to maritime issues/risks involved Regent decided against doing the NWP last year and also decided against doing the NWP in 2018.

Edited by WesW

Gnomie, our cruise bucket list high pri location (NWP) will have to wait. Alas, just heard from FDR and due to maritime issues/risks involved Regent decided against doing the NWP last year and also decided against doing the NWP in 2018.

Bummer - bummer - bummer

Thanks for letting me know - I think I will wait until after the holidays to let my friends know since a few of them have asked Santa for certain cold weather items from REI in preparation for "our upcoming adventure" - never too early to start hoping and preparing!

gnomie :)

While on our Explorer Miami to Venice cruise March 26th, 2017

Hoping that Regent will have the September / October 2018

itineraries. Like to do "on board booking" for Montreal to Miami

if available and on the Seven Seas Mariner.

What interests me is that sister line O has later dates in 18 available. Why can't R?

As mentioned above, my guess is that it has to do with changing itineraries for the Mariner as well as working out the new itineraries that will replace the Amazon, etc. On the other hand, Oceania and Regent have different CEO/Presidents that do not necessarily have to debut new itineraries at the same time.

We are as interested as everyone else about the 2nd half of 2018 but have no problem waiting. We have noticed that many times when a cruise is booked 18 months in advance, the odds are greater that more people will cancel (which is why you see all categories booked on a cruise one year out and then see availability 6 months later).

Tc: I think that one of the reasons you have no problem waiting is that you're afloat a whole lot, and thus pretty much always have next cruises to look forward to. For folks who can take maybe one cruise a year, it's fun when the next year's choices become available, so that we can play the happy dream game too.

:D

Also, of course, for many people their "free" time is constrained, so that it's important to know as far in advance as possible (even if it sometimes means having to cancel).

I'm glad that you have so many opportunities to cruise; I can't imagine anyone enjoying it more than you do.

Edited by poss

Tc: I think that one of the reasons you have no problem waiting is that you're afloat a whole lot, and thus pretty much always have next cruises to look forward to. For folks who can take maybe one cruise a year, it's fun when the next year's choices become available, so that we can play the happy dream game too.

:D

Also, of course, for many people their "free" time is constrained, so that it's important to know as far in advance as possible (even if it sometimes means having to cancel).

I'm glad that you have so many opportunities to cruise; I can't imagine anyone enjoying it more than you do.

You bring up good points. To me June, 2018 seems eons away. Although we have a 2018 cruise booked, it is too far out to even think about.

We do enjoy cruising but generally cruise 2 times a year. This year the christening cruise came up out of the blue so we cruised 3 times in 2016 and have 2 cruises booked for next year (one of which I'm barely looking forward to but want the cruise to make my DH happy as he deserves everything in the world that he has worked so hard for).

Since we do not generally cruise in the late spring, summer or early fall, we will be looking at the October-December itineraries in 2018 on either the Explorer (first choice), Voyager or Mariner. It is nice to plan far in advance - even if one does not know they will be able to make it (thinking of Alan Thicke - R.I.P.)

Edited by Travelcat2

• 1 month later...
According to "our" TA, they will be released January 25th. Apparently they are not through with changes.

See post 115 on the "Explorer for New Year's Cruise". Apparently WesW's TA is on the 2-nighter that ends today and those agents will be getting the rest of the '18 voyages info. What about the rest of the agents that didn't get the same invite? Not a level playing field.

See post 115 on the "Explorer for New Year's Cruise". Apparently WesW's TA is on the 2-nighter that ends today and those agents will be getting the rest of the '18 voyages info. What about the rest of the agents that didn't get the same invite? Not a level playing field.

Good catch! Just checked out the post. I suspect that if it is true that they will receive the rest of the information on the '18 voyages, the rest of Regent's main TA's will receive them as well (via email). Regent's top TA's do tend to get a preview of itineraries that generally are brief overviews rather than detailed information. Our TA was on the 2-nighter cruise in Miami. If I hear anything from them, I'll post on CC.

It is likely not a level playing field because some people do not use Regent's top selling TA's and thus do not get information as soon as others get them.

P.S. Really wish I could tell you what I really think:-)

Edited by Travelcat2