Photo Package

2cmu92

Hello.. This will be our first time on Princess and I have a few questions about the photo package. I am trying to decide if it is better to purchase the package that includes all hard copies and rights to digital copies, or buy individual pictures.

How much do individual photos cost?

What are the sizes of the hard copies included in the package?

Are there plenty of opportunities to have photos taken without spending a long time in lines?

If I am traveling with my in laws will they be able to be in our photos as well if they are in the cabin next door?

Is the boarding photo included?

Appreciate any info that someone who has experienced the package can provide?

Thanks in advance

Hello.. This will be our first time on Princess and I have a few questions about the photo package. I am trying to decide if it is better to purchase the package that includes all hard copies and rights to digital copies, or buy individual pictures.

How much do individual photos cost?

What are the sizes of the hard copies included in the package?

Are there plenty of opportunities to have photos taken without spending a long time in lines?

If I am traveling with my in laws will they be able to be in our photos as well if they are in the cabin next door?

Is the boarding photo included?

Appreciate any info that someone who has experienced the package can provide?

Thanks in advance

Ship?

I can answer some of your questions but I have never bought the package. My partner has bought individual pictures.

As I recall my partner paid $20/picture - been a while ago

The photographers are always there wanting to take your picture. Before formal nights they set up in quite a few places besides just outside the MDRs. They come around in the MDR on certain nights and take pictures of people at the tables. Short lines do form on formal nights at the doors to the MDR but there are other places to get you picture taken with little or no lines. They will want to take your picture when you embark the ship and at the end of the gangplank on every shore call. You can have your in-laws join you in any picture that you desire. I do know that you pick from all the photos a certain number of photos but don't know how many the package will cover.

We just got off the CB in September after a 29 day B2B. Nice ship.

Edited by satxdiver

If you logon to Princess.com and go to your cruise personalizer, select Onboad Reservations tab at the top and then Photography, you can see the packages and what they offer. They are offering a really nice discount on the All Inclusive Package if you buy it before you board. You might consider it for the cost savings.

Buy the package! I paid for the entire thing on the first formal Night. It is such a value!!

The photos run from 12.95 to 24.95 depending on size occasion etc. the package is basically 8 of the professional photos 8x10. You can sit for every background on every Photo Night of the Cruise and with the package you could pay as little as a $1 a photo. On my last cruise a family of 6 tapped out at $0.50 a photo.

Totally worth it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you logon to Princess.com and go to your cruise personalizer, select Onboad Reservations tab at the top and then Photography, you can see the packages and what they offer. They are offering a really nice discount on the All Inclusive Package if you buy it before you board. You might consider it for the cost savings.

That's a great deal!! Thanks for sharing! $199 is way too much but we usually buy at least 2 formal night photos, which were $25 each on our Christmas cruise.

That package is the price of 2 more! I'm getting it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep your eye on prices. I got $10 discount for buying the package immediately after we set sail, it was good for the first 3 days then back to $199. Don't forget the package includes all disembarkation ports not just Formal and Casual Photos. Have a blast with it!!

It is currently only $99 if I book pre Cruise...so I guess I should jump on this deal. It says all of the printed photos..not just 8...so I wonder if there is some small print. Do they use facial recognition, or simply your key card?

Holy Moly!! Jump on that!! How long is your Cruise? You know this applies per Cabin? You could walk away as one of the Legendary $0.02 per photo! You are going to have so much fun!! I just got off Island Princess first time on Princess and it was superb! Enjoy!!!!!

Every photo printed and digital on a cute thumb drive

You have to collect the pictures which is part of the fun

Take the photos and thumb drive to the counter and done!

Get the photos each day so you don't lose track, make sure you pose at every port disembarkation even if you don't plan on going anywhere the photo is included

Get Dinner Photos every night

At the pool, theater, atrium, anywhere you see a Photographer take the photo it's included

If you go up as a group the Photographer will make it fun and tasteful. They will do fun shots but always include "the one for your mom".

I had an absolute blast with the photos and the Panama With Love package! Worth every penny! Totally jealous you are getting such a great price!!

Edited by Onagh

Holy Moly!! Jump on that!! How long is your Cruise? You know this applies per Cabin? You could walk away as one of the Legendary $0.02 per photo! You are going to have so much fun!! I just got off Island Princess first time on Princess and it was superb! Enjoy!!!!!

It applies to every photo the person who purchased it is in

I had to call to purchase

The website had an error

The website had an error

Every photo that the purchaser is in, or anyone in the cabin?

Everyone in the cabin is included. The photo package is a per cabin purchase. As long as one person from the cabin is in the picture, the photo is included. The package is a lot of fun. Taking pictures became entertainment for us and we got to know the photographers, which meant they took lots of candids of us, too.

Every photo that the purchaser is in, or anyone in the cabin?

I was told the purchaser had to be in the photo on our last cruise but I didn't purchase at $199

If it's everyone in the cabin then it's an even better deal! I love Princess!!

Everyone in the cabin is included. The photo package is a per cabin purchase. As long as one person from the cabin is in the picture, the photo is included. The package is a lot of fun. Taking pictures became entertainment for us and we got to know the photographers, which meant they took lots of candids of us, too.

Oh!! For a second I thought the individual photos were included!

Yes, I heard the same thing

As long as the purchaser is in the photo it's included.

Boo, I was excited for a moment for my next family vacation

It is currently only $99 if I book pre Cruise...so I guess I should jump on this deal. It says all of the printed photos..not just 8...so I wonder if there is some small print. Do they use facial recognition, or simply your key card?

I think that was a reference to the cost of 8 formal night photos equaling the $199 on-board cost of the photo package. It was not a limit on the number of photos included.

The website had an error

So if I take a picture of my grand daughters alone it isn't included in the package? So I have to buy a total of 5 packages? One for each kid and then then my DH and I? That doesn't make sense.

Edited by notentirelynormal

Package is per Cabin, every photo each person is in for the cruise.

Yes I used 8 photos to demonstrate the value.

On Island Princes there was a family of six, not sure what their cabin situation was but they got every photo in their package, even candid fun shots with the kids.

Have a great time!

So if I take a picture of my grand daughters alone it isn't included in the package? So I have to buy a total of 5 packages? One for each kid and then then my DH and I? That doesn't make sense.

I've not gotten the package before. I was previously informed that the package was for the person who purchased it and every photo they are in. However, as we have seen things can be different on different ships.

I just purchased the package for my Royal Princess cruise in March. I will update upon my return. Perhaps others can do the same.

If it is only one person. My husband was saying get the package in one of the kids names. Usually they take photos together, with us together, with mom/dad.... so we can get most that way

Edited by jennybenny

Package is per Cabin, every photo each person is in for the cruise.

Yes I used 8 photos to demonstrate the value.

On Island Princes there was a family of six, not sure what their cabin situation was but they got every photo in their package, even candid fun shots with the kids.

Have a great time!

Really hoping this is the case for us on the Royal Princess

I've purchased the photo package twice, once on the Grand to Alaska (four people two cabins) this past summer and then on the Island through the Panama Canal a few weeks ago (6 people three cabins). The way the package worked was the same both times. Every picture that either my husband or I were in (the "cabin" that purchased the package), was ours - hard copy and digital. If our friends had a photo without us, they had to pay for that photo individually or with the package. So in your case, whoever is staying in the cabin that purchased the package gets the photos, single photo or group.

The photographers were great. I've read on other posts the photographers didn't take as many poses because of the package. That was not the case for us. Yes, we have hundreds of photos, but it was a lot of fun taking formal and silly pictures. We loved it. I'm thinking of doing the package again with the $99 pre-pay deal.

Edited by RSF Cruiser