Another X website issue

Sandy1975

I have stayed away from the website since I cant do anything with my reservation but wanted to check prices.

My Nov 19 cruise shows only inside cabiins available. However, many TA sites show availability in other Cat. I checked other sailings too around that time and they also only have inside left. In all my time with X I have never seen a regular thanksgiving cruise sold out with still 6 months left.

It could be a blessing in disguise because people using X to book think it is sold out when it is not. There may be some savings in upgrades after final payment and there are still unsold cabins because of the awful website.

I cannot longer access the old website so now I guess I need to patiently wait until the new one works. According to my reservation on the new site my Nov cruise is to an unknown location for an unknown #of days or something silly like that! I keep watching my Credit card just in case my reservation gets mysteriously cancelled.

I have stayed away from the website since I cant do anything with my reservation but wanted to check prices.

My Nov 19 cruise shows only inside cabiins available. However, many TA sites show availability in other Cat. I checked other sailings too around that time and they also only have inside left. In all my time with X I have never seen a regular thanksgiving cruise sold out with still 6 months left.

It could be a blessing in disguise because people using X to book think it is sold out when it is not. There may be some savings in upgrades after final payment and there are still unsold cabins because of the awful website.

I cannot longer access the old website so now I guess I need to patiently wait until the new one works. According to my reservation on the new site my Nov cruise is to an unknown location for an unknown #of days or something silly like that! I keep watching my Credit card just in case my reservation gets mysteriously cancelled.

Try this link to the old website that worked for me.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/?celebrityWR=oldsite

Another cc member posted it on another thread. It shows up to date info. Also I'm still able to access the old site using Firefox. A Captain's Club rep told me that would work after my fifth frustrated call about the new site being unusable.

You're most welcome. I was grateful to the OP on another thread. We were watching the 2 cruised that would be b2b with one of our reservations and one of them simply didn't show at all on the new site. I finally realized that there was a miniscule little "change date" in white below the cruise before and after clicking on in and waiting an interminable length on time it finally showed up, but then didn't show the rates of all the categories at once like on the old site. The new site is A ROYAL MESS!!!!!

Another cc member posted it on another thread. It shows up to date info. Also I'm still able to access the old site using Firefox. A Captain's Club rep told me that would work after my fifth frustrated call about the new site being unusable.

Thank you for sharing...never thought I'd be so happy to see the old website..compared to the new one it's a gem....

I gave up trying to use Celebrity's new website. It's total cr*p at this point and the suits at Celebrity should be fired for rolling out such a steaming pile.

I've resorted to price checking at the travel site of my favorite big box warehouse store that starts with a C and ends with ostco. Their website is reliable. They even have their own shore excursions group with a "return to ship guarantee".

Thank you for sharing...never thought I'd be so happy to see the old website..compared to the new one it's a gem....

LOL, maybe it's a plot to make us all stop complaining about the old site! There's a bunch of griping about the new site and lots of folks clamoring for a way back to the good old (not as flawed as the new) site! I honestly didn't think they could exceed themselves, but they've gone WAY,WAY,WAY past it into the land of AWFUL!

Thank you so much for the link. It worked! was finally able to book a couple excursions!

Talked with Celebrity today for help accessing my upcoming cruise reservation to order luggage tags. Rep was helpful and gave me a workaround that actually got me there. First bring up the website. DO NOT sign in. Click check in and enter your reservation info (number, last name, date and ship). You are then able to continue and manage your reservation or complete check in info. If you have been getting a message that your reservation is locked and to try later, you may have to call to get a rep to unlock before this procedure will work. Finally, the explanation I received is that they are still merging the old My Celebrity with the new website. Hope this info is helpful to someone. What a bear!

The link takes you to the old website but most of the old pages are now no longer available.

LOL, maybe it's a plot to make us all stop complaining about the old site! There's a bunch of griping about the new site and lots of folks clamoring for a way back to the good old (not as flawed as the new) site! I honestly didn't think they could exceed themselves, but they've gone WAY,WAY,WAY past it into the land of AWFUL!

Brings to mind their recent stupid tag line....something like..."put the future behind you"?

Thanks for posting the link. The old site works well. They should scrap the new crap and just leave well enough alone.

Too many people try to justify their jobs by fiddling with something that already works and turning it into something useless that will drive away customers.

Celebrity show staff their IT department and server room with a man and a dog. The man is there to feed the dog and the dog is there to bite the man if he touches anything.

The link takes you to the old website but most of the old pages are now no longer available.

I still have them all. Nothing seems to be missing. I'm using the link that I book marked. I also changed my IE browser settings to not check for new versions of the page and to not save cookies. I also cleared both cookies and cache before going to the old site the first time.

I still have them all. Nothing seems to be missing. I'm using the link that I book marked. I also changed my IE browser settings to not check for new versions of the page and to not save cookies. I also cleared both cookies and cache before going to the old site the first time.

Must have just been a temporary block; it is now working for me also.

For those who may be interested when you use the link noted above it comes up as "not a secure site". I much prefer to use a site that shows hhtps

Thanks for the info though. Was getting excited that I may get into my account. Have waited so will continue to wait.

Thanks for the info though.