Website or human??

Sea and Me

When booking directly to Princess how many use their website or do you call them directly?? How many of you transfer the booking to your agents?? Does Princess give you OBCs?? I have never booked directly with Princess so I was just wondering what others do.

Thank you for your answers.

When booking directly to Princess how many use their website or do you call them directly?? How many of you transfer the booking to your agents?? Does Princess give you OBCs?? I have never booked directly with Princess so I was just wondering what others do.

We always book with a T.A.. Since we have been using the same T.A. for some time I normally send her an e-mail first and call later.

At the time of booking Princess gives OBC's if: OBC's are part of a current promo, you are making your deposit with a Future Cruise Deposit purchased on on board a previous cruise, you qualify for the military benefit. They only give what is published.

You can get the same OBC's when booking with a T.A.. T.A's frequently provide OBC's beyond the Princess stated promos, fare discounts, on board benefits such as a bottle of wine, dinner at a specialty restaurant, things like that. Some T.A.'s advertise the Princess promos as if they are their own, so check the Princess website first so you know all the details.

Booking with Princess direct is the most expensive way to book. I always use a real TA who discounts. I either email or call or both.

Princess will give you OBC if it is part of a promo on that specific cruise or a specific promo they are running.

We always book with a TA and get savings from 8% to 12%.

Under the search forum on the Princess board there are numerous threads on this. ;)

We always book with Princess first and then transfer the booking to our TA. That way we have an easy to access record of the savings.

Help me out. I have read this idea on this board before and I still fail to understand any advantage. Why not just save a step and book with the TA in the first place? You still have online printable access to your personalizer information in addition to what is provided you by the TA.

Help me out. I have read this idea on this board before and I still fail to understand any advantage. Why not just save a step and book with the TA in the first place? You still have online printable access to your personalizer information in addition to what is provided you by the TA.

In our case, we may book a cruise on the weekend when our TA may or may not be working. We tend to book specific rooms in which if we can't get what we want, we might not reserve it. Once confirmed, we can decide if we want to transfer to a TA to get further discounts.

I book through Princess first, then check with several TAs to look for the best deal.

If you always use the same TA, there's no real benefit to book with Princess first.

3 Princess cruises. One booked online. 2 booked by calling and talking to a representative.

Generally we book online, but the two we did on the phone were due to family/multiple stateroom reasons. When booking more than one room, I find it easier to talk to a real person.

I book through Princess first, then check with several TAs to look for the best deal.

If you always use the same TA, there's no real benefit to book with Princess first.

I check the Princess website for their price (mock booking) then check and book with one of several TA's at a lower total cost and/or added perks. Not sure what using the same TA has to do with anything, but thanks.

We always book with a TA and get savings from 8% to 12%.

Under the search forum on the Princess board there are numerous threads on this. ;)

I've never been able to find the name of a reputable online TA. Is it against forum rules?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums