follow up to "my cruise is missing"

After about 10 days I received am email from HAL telling me that my cruise had been cancelled and I should contact my travel agent which I did. This was on a Sunday and the department (accounting) which handles rebookings after charters only works Monday thru Friday.

Within a few days my TA had me rebooked into the same cabin on the cruise leaving one week later. HAL gave us $200 OBC for the aggravation.

The amount of OBC was based on cabin catagory. We were able to keep the Explore package but could not take advantage of a price drop. That probably was not a wise financial decision but we are looking forward to trying lots of different drinks without worrying about the bar bill.

Our travel insurance allows for one date change so that was an easy fix.

I had not made airline reservations so no problems there. I still have to change the hotel reservation but it was not the advance purchase non refundable catagory so it won't be too much trouble.

I am so grateful for all the cruise critic folks who went the extra mile to determine why my cruise was missing that first weekend when HAL was providing no consistant information. I have told many friends what good people you are.

Marcia

So happy things worked out well for you.

I really appreciate you returned to let us know you are rescheduled and have a wonderful cruise to look forward to. :) Very considerate of you to update us.

quote=78232;48986506

Our travel insurance allows for one date change so that was an easy fix

Marcia

Thanks for filling us in and happy for you that you still have a cruise planned!

What do you mean when you say, "Our travel insurance allows for one date change..." Does that mean you could transfer the insurance to new dates without having to cancel it and rebuy it? That's something I'd never thought of. See, we learn from each other! m--

Edited by RMLincoln
Had to remove trash symbols that showed up...?

To answer a couple of questions...The cruise was chartered by a vegan group. I saw it advertised on the internet.

Regarding the travel insurance, the TA said we were allowed one date change on the policy without a charge. Any additional changes would require purchasing a new policy.

As an extra tidbit...I saw a commercial on TV for a country music charter on the Oosterdam in January. There were a lots of well know entertainers featured. It sounded like so much fun until I looked at the price. more than double the price of a regular cruise.

Marcia