Coffee & Cones on the Grand Princess

IECalCruiser

Just received the most recent Circle magazine yesterday and on page 4 there is a small article about changes to the Grand including the transformation of Swirls ice cream shop into Coffee & Cones, "a modern cafe serving tempting desserts and New Grounds Crafted Coffee." Wondering what "tempting desserts" are now offered in addition to the free soft serve cones and extra charge shakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just received the most recent Circle magazine yesterday and on page 4 there is a small article about changes to the Grand including the transformation of Swirls ice cream shop into Coffee & Cones, "a modern cafe serving tempting desserts and New Grounds Crafted Coffee." Wondering what "tempting desserts" are now offered in addition to the free soft serve cones and extra charge shakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If they'll still be free.....:D:D:D

Bob

Grand Dec. 30th......The Ice Cream Bar has been replaced with the New Grounds Crafted Coffee "COFFEE & CONES". Their Expresso machine can offer Latte, Cappuccino, Americano, Macchiato, Espresso and Chai Teas, Frappes, Mocha Milkshakes, Mexican Frothed Chocolate, and for $1.00 more, you can add a shot of Bailey's or Kahlua.

You can still get that FREE Frosty Cone, and they offer Ice Cream Sandwiches for $3.00 each. They are as follows:

Chocolate Chip Cookie/Vanilla Ice Cream

Coconut-Ginger Cookie/Pina Colada Ice Cream

Snickerdoodle Cookie/Cinnamon Ice Cream

Honey N' Oats-Raisins Cookie/Honey Yogurt Ice Cream

Mint Paddy--Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cookie/Peppermint Ice Cream

Stan

Grand Dec. 30th......The Ice Cream Bar has been replaced with the New Grounds Crafted Coffee "COFFEE & CONES". Their Expresso machine can offer Latte, Cappuccino, Americano, Macchiato, Espresso and Chai Teas, Frappes, Mocha Milkshakes, Mexican Frothed Chocolate, and for $1.00 more, you can add a shot of Bailey's or Kahlua.

You can still get that FREE Frosty Cone, and they offer Ice Cream Sandwiches for $3.00 each. They are as follows:

Stan

Good to know.....:):):)

Bob

I tried to get a coffee there in January. It was around 9:00 am in the morning and it was closed. I don't know what time they opened, as there were no hours posted. I will try again in May. I don't see the point of serving coffee if it's not going to be open in the mornings.

and are the coffee cards accepted for the coffees as they are at the International shop?

They are accepted. Unfortunately there are very few coffee types offered at Coffee and Cones. No tea either. We were very disappointed since we had a lido deck cabin. Thought going to the new venue instead of the IC would be great. We cruise two weeks ago on the Grand.

Cheers, Denise

They are accepted. Unfortunately there are very few coffee types offered at Coffee and Cones. No tea either. We were very disappointed since we had a lido deck cabin. Thought going to the new venue instead of the IC would be great. We cruise two weeks ago on the Grand.

Cheers, Denise

Well poop! Not open early and limited items. Not quite as advertised. Maybe it will get better. Of course I generally just want good fresh brewed coffee in the morning but my wife does like her spiffy stuff. We don't have any cruises booked on Grand Princess in the near future but we do like to sail out of SF so there are certainly some more in our future. :)

You can still get that FREE Frosty Cone, and they offer Ice Cream Sandwiches for $3.00 each.

Thanks Stan. I hope they also do the same in other ships.

Stan

Ooooh!! I hope they put this on the other ships. :p

If they don't, I'll have to try a Grand sailing so I can try it out. :D

Stan

I *think* I've found my new favorite spot for cheap shots! Excuse me, no coffee needed, would you just fill this cup?

Cheers, Denise

Another well thought out endeavour?

No the ice cream sandwiches are not included in the beverage package, and in the morning before cones and coffee open you can get specialty coffees at the calypso bar there's no sign for it you just have to ask the bartender and they make them for you

Cheers, Denise

It appears the selections are good enough for me. I like the idea that I won't ALWAYS have to go to the IC and it might even cut some of the traffic down for the IC

It appears the selections are good enough for me. I like the idea that I won't ALWAYS have to go to the IC and it might even cut some of the traffic down for the IC

But it could make the lines longer for those that want the soft-serve.

We just came off the Grand today and found that it works quite nicely. It does have some quirks such as not offering tea but I assume that that will be worked out. It was open on each occurrence that I went. As far as charges for new offerings, why not? They have not applied charges to items that were previously free. Having brewed coffee in Horizon Court is a nice feature.