Late check-in Journey 4th June 2016

baytraller

Azamara Journey 4th June 2016 Athens to Rome - late check-in

According to Guest Ticket Booklet just received check-in is 4.30PM - 8.30PM

Many guests may not be aware of the late check-in time

Azamara should notify all guests of the non standard time and reason for late check-in

Many guests may arrive early and as usual it will the officers and crew who will have to deal with angry guests

Many guests may have time to change flight time or may not have booked flights at this stage

Azamara should notify all guests of the non standard time and reason for late check-in

Many guests may arrive early and as usual it will the officers and crew who will have to deal with angry guests

Many guests may have time to change flight time or may not have booked flights at this stage

Absolutely agree 100% with this ... "Azamara should notify all guests of the non standard time and reason for late check-in"

We are doing back to back 4 June and 16 June.

We received our Guest Ticket Booklet for 16th June a couple of weeks ago ... CHECK-IN BETWEEN 1230 PM - 4.30 PM (as has been the case with the eight previous cruises we have taken with Azamara).

Today ... at last ... only after our TA chased it up (Azamara won't talk to us ... only the Travel Agent) ... our TA received our Guest Ticket Booklet for 4 June and emailed it to us .....

CHECK-IN BETWEEN 4.30PM - 8.30 PM ! ! !

Is this actually correct, or has someone somewhere made a typographical error??? (especially as the next cruise check-in is as usual 12.30PM - 4.30 PM)

What might I ask are we expected to do between Hotel check out time and this ridiculously late check-in time???

Stand around on the dock area for 4 hours after our booked transfer delivers us as arranged for a 12.30 check-in???

Investigate the possibility of a VERY late Hotel checkout (highly unlikely without paying for an extra night) .... change the booked transfer time (IF able) IF a late checkout is available???

Perhaps someone "in the know" might be able to shed some light on this apparent aberration .......... Bonnie?? :confused:

Is it just another cost cutting measure ... no lunch and possibly not much dinner either, given that we have the compulsory safety drill to be completed sometime after 8.30PM and before departure time 10.00 PM.

Edited by Baynanno1

Totally agree baytraller & Baynanno1.

We booked flights to arrive the previous day and paid for an overnight stay which is now a total waste of time and money. Check out is Noon so what are we supposed to do. You can't go sightseeing with all the luggage in tow!

Even if we can't have access to our cabin it would be nice to be on board.

you are all so negative! I would leave my suitcases at the hotel. Go sightseeing -have a nice relaxing lunch. you can go to Plaka and have a nice outdoor meal.. i am flying in that day from Turkey and had already planned on some sightseeing and a drink or snack. .it is Athens just to much to see and do. relax and enjoy.

:)

I have not received my cruise ticket booklet yet, so I have no knowledge of this.

We are on the ships transfers, so we havent had to make our own transfer arrangements, which is a good thing in a way, in light of this information.

I hope the hotel has a luggage storage area, so we can go out and spend a little time in Athens before we head to the docks.

you are all so negative! I would leave my suitcases at the hotel. Go sightseeing -have a nice relaxing lunch. you can go to Plaka and have a nice outdoor meal.. i am flying in that day from Turkey and had already planned on some sightseeing and a drink or snack. .it is Athens just to much to see and do. relax and enjoy.

:)

I am not on the cruise being referred to, but do not think these people are being at all negative. Yes, they may be able to leave their suitcases at the hotel, but I personally wouldn't leave any valuables at a hotel. That said, if it were me, it would result in walking around a city with passports, money, tickets, etc .... and a city that is currently in the news for being overrun with refugees.

That said, if it were me, it would result in walking around a city with passports, money, tickets, etc .... and a city that is currently in the news for being overrun with refugees.

Is Athens overrun with refugees?

The last time we were there, in October, refugees were confined to an area of Piraeus and not wandering freely.

We did not see any in Athens, its environs, nor for that matter in Piraeus itself.

I am not on the cruise being referred to, but do not think these people are being at all negative. Yes, they may be able to leave their suitcases at the hotel, but I personally wouldn't leave any valuables at a hotel. That said, if it were me, it would result in walking around a city with passports, money, tickets, etc .... and a city that is currently in the news for being overrun with refugees.

I would leave my passport etc in the hotel safe. i have before-very easy to do

We embark in Piraeus on May 17th. Our check in times according to Xpress Pass and Guest Booklet are 12.30 til 4.30 but I would be just as happy with a later time. Our hotel and transfer has been arranged by Azamara. I doubt very much if anyone will notice any Refugees in the tourist area of Athens. My daughter worked in Kos (one of the destinations that was used from Turkey by those fleeing Syria). She didn't see any during her 7 month stay. We saw a handful in Kos town , when we visited this lovely island, but they were no problem despite what it said in the Daily Mail. There were a few beggars but these were local gypsies that have been there for years.

Greece is a fantastic destination and scaremongering helps no-one.

I am not aware of this. I have asked the office for clarification. Will let you know when I hear something.

I am not aware of this. I have asked the office for clarification. Will let you know when I hear something.

Thanks Bonnie ... hope that if these times are correct, there may also be some responses to the questions I posted in post no.2

We embark in Piraeus on May 17th. Our check in times according to Xpress Pass and Guest Booklet are 12.30 til 4.30 but I would be just as happy with a later time. Our hotel and transfer has been arranged by Azamara. I doubt very much if anyone will notice any Refugees in the tourist area of Athens. My daughter worked in Kos (one of the destinations that was used from Turkey by those fleeing Syria). She didn't see any during her 7 month stay. We saw a handful in Kos town , when we visited this lovely island, but they were no problem despite what it said in the Daily Mail. There were a few beggars but these were local gypsies that have been there for years.

Greece is a fantastic destination and scaremongering helps no-one.

As noted in post 2 ... our check-in times for 16 June are the usual 12.30 to 4.30 as are yours for 17 May.

I have not received my cruise ticket booklet yet, so I have no knowledge of this.

We are on the ships transfers, so we havent had to make our own transfer arrangements, which is a good thing in a way, in light of this information.

I hope the hotel has a luggage storage area, so we can go out and spend a little time in Athens before we head to the docks.

You may need to chase up your Cruise Ticket Booklet. Hopefully you will get it before you leave home.

As noted in post 2, we received our 16 June documentation a couple of weeks ago and our TA had to chase up the documentation for 4 June that should have arrived about a week & a half before that for 16th.

Purely a matter of curiosity ... what time are your flights due to arrive?

I should have read your posts more closely ... I see gonecroozin is in a hotel pre-cruise and Mrs Miggins is on the previous cruise ... so my question is irrelevant :o

(and I was unable to delete the post)

One further thing Bonnie . . . while we and others have 4.30PM - 8.30PM quite clearly displayed on our documentation, several others on the Roll Call for this cruise apparently have check-in times between 4PM - 8PM.

Thanks for looking into this on behalf of bemused Le Club Voyage Members.

Our check-in time is also given as 16.30 to 20.30.

We have flights, hotel and transfers booked through Azamara. Our pick-up time from the hotel is the usual 12.00, so are we expected to hang around at the port for 3 to 4 hours?

The only thing that spoils the Azamara experience for me is the departure where, if you book flights with them you are given a late flight (even when there are earlier alternatives) and then dumped at the airport with a long wait.

To be dumped at the port with a long wait will be a new and very unwelcome experience.

I hope Bonnie is able to discover that this is a mistake.

Good news, the check-in time on June 4 will be the normal times.

Here's a message I've received from the ship...

"Our boarding process will be from 11:15 am till 4:45 pm, more or less, in order to have all guests onboard for the guests' safety drill at 5pm. Of course we will have late comers that will be checked in onboard after that time."

I expect a correction will be going out to you soon.

Good news, the check-in time on June 4 will be the normal times.

Here's a message I've received from the ship...

"Our boarding process will be from 11:15 am till 4:45 pm, more or less, in order to have all guests onboard for the guests' safety drill at 5pm. Of course we will have late comers that will be checked in onboard after that time."

I expect a correction will be going out to you soon.

Thank you Bonnie, great news. Thank you for investigating for us.

Back to plan A now :)