Free Beverage plan on NCL Questions

expressionsbyerin

We are going on a family cruise and will be getting two rooms. Since our kids aren't 21 I have to be in one room and my husband has to be in the other. This isn't a huge deal but it messes up our free options. I was wondering if I could just get the beverage package for one of us and then choose another option for the other room. How often are you allowed to get drinks? If I wanted one here and there but he had the plan would it be really hard to do so. I don't expect drinking a lot since we have kids and other people's kids

We are going on a family cruise and will be getting two rooms. Since our kids aren't 21 I have to be in one room and my husband has to be in the other. This isn't a huge deal but it messes up our free options. I was wondering if I could just get the beverage package for one of us and then choose another option for the other room. How often are you allowed to get drinks? If I wanted one here and there but he had the plan would it be really hard to do so. I don't expect drinking a lot since we have kids and other people's kids

Why not just get the beverage package for both cabins, once you enter in the age of the second guest in each cabin it will re-calculate the 18% service charge/tips and they will get the soda packages for the under age guest listed in each cabin.

If you get caught sharing a beverage package there will be tolls to pay, could end up paying for ever drink ordered since the beginning of the cruise, have the package taken away or even be put off the ship at the next port. Or, if you aren't drinking much, for your cabin you could just purchase drinks one at a time....then you won't be paying that 18% service charge which comes to about $100 for a 7 day sailing.

He can order 2 drinks at a time for him, not to share with someone without the package! Good grief[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For a woman that claims she may have a few because shes not a drinker. Oh dear lord , the horror .. Good grief :eek:

When I sailed in Jan I was absolutely able to get two drinks with one card. It came up because at the beginning of the cruise I would take both our cards up to get another round and they would only swipe one.

However, I believe the policy has changed. Probably due to people sharing.

To the OP, no. Sharing isn't permitted. Pretty sure that if you get caught they will revoke the beverage package with no refund. If you don't plan to drink much then just buy drinks as you go. Can also bring on wine at $15 a bottle.

Your husband can order 2 drinks at a time anywhere if he has the udp... Those are the facts..;)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think that if you try to get two drinks at one time, the bartender may be able to swipe your card and see that your spouse in the same cabin also has the plan.

But NO, no one should cheat. If the poster will only have a few drinks, she should pay for them. Don't screw it up for honest people.

Oh my. Now the "how can we smuggle booze" threads have been replaced with the "how can we cheat the UBP" threads.

So we know NCL might revoke if caught. Maybe consider that it is wrong to cheat and steal? If someone doesn't have it they wre not entitled to it.