What toiletries are provided, if any?

As I begin thinking about packing for our cruise to Alaska in just 20 days, can you tell me what toiletries are provided by RCCI, if any? We've only cruised on Disney before, where they provided shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bar soap, and even some aloe vera gel when our steward noticed my daughter was a bit pink. :)

Does Royal provide anything standard in the cabin, or should we plan to pack our own?

Thanks!

As I begin thinking about packing for our cruise to Alaska in just 20 days, can you tell me what toiletries are provided by RCCI, if any? We've only cruised on Disney before, where they provided shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bar soap, and even some aloe vera gel when our steward noticed my daughter was a bit pink. :)

Does Royal provide anything standard in the cabin, or should we plan to pack our own?

Thanks!

A bar of Soap for the sink and another one for the shower. Most ships have dispensers with shampoo conditioner combination in the shower as well.

Thanks!

In a Jr. Suite or better, extra toiletries are supplied - shampoo, conditioner, body wash, maybe...

I was surprised to receive some little bottles of Gilchrist and Soames products in my standard balcony cabin on Oasis last week. The usual stuff -- shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion. Our friends in the next balcony cabin over with the same steward, on their 1st RCI cruise, did not receive any. I thought it was a little odd but obviously didn't mind. I did note that our cabin steward was also taking care of a number of JS cabins, so perhaps he had some extra on the cart or something.

Regardless of what they "usually" provide or what you are "entitled" to based on C&A status, if you ask, they will bring.

:)

Little tubes of: shampoo, conditioner, lotion, gel. even a small "vanity kit".

Ask and ye shall receive.

Dave, You probably received the toiletries because of your Diamond statis. Although they are not supposed to start until some point after you reach Diamond Plus.

Gotcha, thanks. That was another suspicion of mine given that our friends didn't receive them.

For the first time ever we received toiletries in our balcony cabin on the Allure in April. Shampoo, Conditioner, Lotion and Body Wash, plus a little Vanity Kit (shower cap, Q-tips, cotton balls.) I was very surprised. (We've been Diamond for a long time and won't be Diamond Plus until this Fall)

So, what I take away from this thread is, because I am in an OV and it is my first RCI cruise, I can expect a bar of soap and no other toiletries. Correct?

Two bars of soap and a combo shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the shower.

Like Carol says, just ask, and they will likely be able to give you the small containers of amenities.

Like Carol says, just ask, and they will likely be able to give you the small containers of amenities.

This---and the combo stuff in the dispenser is crap.

This---and the combo stuff in the dispenser is crap.

Thanks for the answers. I think I will bring my own!

I always use the toiletries provided by RCI and have never had any issues with any of the products. I have never found any of them to be "crap".

People have different skin "needs" and "sensitivities."

Edited by Merion_Mom

If you take your own shampoo/shower gel, is there somewhere in the shower to piut them? We will be on Brilliance and then later in the year on Allure.

Many thanks

I haven't been on brilliance specifically, but on other ships there has been a small metal rack/shelf in the shower, on which you can store your products