Transportation from Port Everglades to FLL

cgolf1

When we have cruised out of Miami we have used SAS to get us back to Ft Lauderdale airport. Now that we are going out of Port Everglades, what is our best option, still SAS or something else?

Taxi is best, around $15 total, not per person.

Edited by clarea

Yep!! That's one reason we love to cruise from FLL, everything is close..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good for "fly to" cruisers....but sigh....the traffic is the pits for "drive to" cruisers

like me. If I was flying in, I would love that short distance from airport

to ship also. :D

Also beware of a "taxi" charging per person rates. This seems to be a recurring theme at Port Everglades, it happened to us several times. We ask for a taxi, someone drives up, I ask how much to the airport, they say some number per person. If this happens, walk away and find the real taxi line.

Good for "fly to" cruisers....but sigh....the traffic is the pits for "drive to" cruisers

like me. If I was flying in, I would love that short distance from airport

to ship also. :D

Good point, we are fly in cruisers... we come in a couple days before the trip to relax and often stay over also...since we fly from the west coast it makes the trip more enjoyable

Good point, we are fly in cruisers... we come in a couple days before the trip to relax and often stay over also...since we fly from the west coast it makes the trip more enjoyable

And indeed that is the perfect way to do it...especially including jet lag coming from

the west coast! All relaxed and ready to cruise! :)

Me....I am nail biter through the horrible traffic down through West Palm into

Ft. Lauderdale. Those people on the highway are nuts!! :eek:

Also beware of a "taxi" charging per person rates. This seems to be a recurring theme at Port Everglades, it happened to us several times. We ask for a taxi, someone drives up, I ask how much to the airport, they say some number per person. If this happens, walk away and find the real taxi line.

We took a taxi from there this morning. Driver puts the meter on then says It's gonna be $100 JOKINGLY AND THEN SAYS NO IT'S $20.

The meter read either $12.90 or $13.90, can't remember. Gave the guy a $20 and he seemed quite pertrurbed. lol

BTW we were off Allure and at the gate at our gate at 7:20am for our 9:40am flight.

Also used the mobile app at customs. Still wanted to see our passports and collected the paper version of the customs document too but said if you didn't have it, it wasn't a big deal.

Bill

We took a taxi from there this morning. Driver puts the meter on then says It's gonna be $100 JOKINGLY AND THEN SAYS NO IT'S $20.

The meter read either $12.90 or $13.90, can't remember. Gave the guy a $20 and he seemed quite pertrurbed. lol

BTW we were off Allure and at the gate at our gate at 7:20am for our 9:40am flight.

Also used the mobile app at customs. Still wanted to see our passports and collected the paper version of the customs document too but said if you didn't have it, it wasn't a big deal.

Bill

Yet another example of funny business with the taxis at Port Everglades.

Bill

I don't know why he would seem perturbed. You gave him a good tip. Guess he was trying to soak you!

There is a $3 origination fee but it still doesn't explain his quote of $20.

Notice Regarding Estimated Taxicab Fares

Posted fares are estimates determined by the most direct route. Construction in and around the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport reroutes traffic. Actual fares may vary from estimated taxicab fares. There is an additional $3 charge from the airport to the destination.

http://www.broward.org/Airport/Transportation/Pages/Taxis.aspx