Luggage tags

procter

Further to the somewhat varied responses on this topic I asked Azamara UK if they could clarify the situation and have received the following response from Richard Twynam:-

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][I]"Sincere thanks for your email on this issue.

Let me provide the latest update. There are 3 main points.

1. Believe it or not take up on luggage tags has consistently been low by Azamara guests in the UK, hence why I chose to review it.

2. We have a very low stock left hence why those that have requested have received.

3. Once these have gone, we will, as part of a larger scale project be performing some fantastic improvements to the UK website over the Autumn. Alongside that we are currently finalising what we do in the longer term about luggage tags.

That is the UK team's position, and please feel free to post those answers."[/I][/COLOR]

We are on Journey in a month and I have just completed my online check in. There was a facility to order the proper luggage tags and I have done so. It says they should arrive in 5-7 working days.

I think a lot of people miss the link to order them. It isn't very visible, but it's there.

[quote name='Lottie A']We are on Journey in a month and I have just completed my online check in. There was a facility to order the proper luggage tags and I have done so. It says they should arrive in 5-7 working days.

I think a lot of people miss the link to order them. It isn't very visible, but it's there.[/QUOTE]

I took another look & found it this time. thanks Lottie, I was looking at the summary page before & there it says to print them.
We are on your cruise, hope to meet you on board Edited by Bloodaxe

[quote name='Lottie A']We are on Journey in a month and I have just completed my online check in. There was a facility to order the proper luggage tags and I have done so. It says they should arrive in 5-7 working days.

I think a lot of people miss the link to order them. It isn't very visible, but it's there.[/QUOTE]

Hi are you in UK, we are cruising on journey on 21st October and as yet I haven't been able to order luggage tags, I have completed on line check in, but can't see any link for tags. I did manage to order tags for our cruise in July 15 but can't see any link now. Thank you.

[quote name='Bloodaxe']I took another look & found it this time. thanks Lottie, I was looking at the summary page before & there it says to print them.
We are on your cruise, hope to meet you on board[/QUOTE]

Hi Bloodaxe....you are welcome. Seems Azamara do like to hide the luggage label requests away from view! Look forward to seeing you at the CC Meet&Mingle. There are 27 guests registered for it so far. Not long for us now. We have a couple of days in Nice first.

Jem 12, in the UK the link to request real luggage labels is at the very bottom of the main online check in page....before you actually get to the pages where you put your details in. Hope you find it on the U.S. site.

[quote name='Lottie A']
Jem 12, in the UK the link to request real luggage labels is at the very bottom of the main online check in page....before you actually get to the pages where you put your details in. Hope you find it on the U.S. site.[/quote]It's in the same place on the U.S. site, Lottie.

If you're on Quest a week from Sunday, see you there...or in Nice the two days before.

[quote name='marinaro44']It's in the same place on the U.S. site, Lottie.

If you're on Quest a week from Sunday, see you there...or in Nice the two days before.[/QUOTE]

Hi Marinaro, no we are on Journey on Nov 1st, but we have a couple of days in Nice before the cruise starts.

If you have the chance, would you please say Hi to Russ from Lottie and Hazel. I like Journey a lot, but my heart still belongs to Quest.

Have a great cruise.

[quote name='Lottie A']Hi Marinaro, no we are on Journey on Nov 1st, but we have a couple of days in Nice before the cruise starts.

If you have the chance, would you please say Hi to Russ from Lottie and Hazel. I like Journey a lot, but my heart still belongs to Quest.

Have a great cruise.[/QUOTE]
Will do, Lottie. Russ is very special.

[quote name='Lottie A']Jem 12, in the UK the link to request real luggage labels is at the very bottom of the main online check in page....before you actually get to the pages where you put your details in. Hope you find it on the U.S. site.[/QUOTE]

I can't see that link at all now. Is that because I have already completed the check- in information. When I go into online checkin I get the page at the beginning before you start to enter your information, but can't see any link for luggage labels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote name='grandma cruising']I can't see that link at all now. Is that because I have already completed the check- in information. When I go into online checkin I get the page at the beginning before you start to enter your information, but can't see any link for luggage labels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

That seems strange, I had already completed check in & printed off my tags on the last page.
Days later I went back to the start of check in & found the link to order tags in the place mentioned by Lottie.
How far away is your cruise? the link may not be there until nearer the date. Edited by Bloodaxe

[quote name='marinaro44']We are on Quest's back-to-back cruises October 11 and 19. I ordered and received luggage tags for our original veranda stateroom and have since ordered tags for our upgraded CC suite for the October 11 cruise.
[/quote]And new luggage tags for our upgraded CC Suite appeared in our mail yesterday after being ordered on September 23rd. The system appears to be working, although some detective work is clearly needed to find the luggage tag link on the Check-In cover page at the right moment in time and only after completing check in.

[quote name='Lottie A']From past experience the luggage tag link appears about a month before your departure date. We did a late booking for our next Journey cruise so the link was already there when we started the online check in a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

Hi I have looked high and low and cannot see any link to order tags, I have ordered tags before so find it hard to believe that I just can't see them so I can only assume that they are not available for us maybe our cabin is too low a category lol. But thanks for the info and hints Ladies.

The message - '5-7 working days' that I had - has now been replaced with -'tags no longer available because the number of requests has exceeded permissable limits'

So I am going to be disappointed and Alan will have to do his Blue Peter* impression. I am intrigued to know how many are permissible - enough for 50% the passengers 75% or what? Perhaps you and Hazel will be among the lucky recipients!

*BBC Childrens TV programme which included lots of cutting and sticking

Hi Diane,

LOL at Alan doing his Blue Peter thing! We will have to find him a badge. :D

We get the "tags no longer available because the number of requests has exceeded" message when your tags have actually been requested. It didn't show for us until both Hazel and I had requested ours separately. I don't think it has anything to do with the amount of tags Azamara has issued.

Have you asked Alan whether he has already requested them for you?

Just joking of course! :D

Looking forward to seeing you both again. We should have a good trivia team.

[quote name='Bloodaxe']That seems strange, I had already completed check in & printed off my tags on the last page.

Days later I went back to the start of check in & found the link to order tags in the place mentioned by Lottie.

How far away is your cruise? the link may not be there until nearer the date.[/QUOTE]

My cruise is on 18 November. If yours is sooner it may be because mine is too far away, otherwise it's very strange!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[quote name='grandma cruising']My cruise is on 18 November. If yours is sooner it may be because mine is too far away, otherwise it's very strange!
[/quote]Not strange at all. Lottie's cruise is November 1. Mine is October 11. Your link won't appear until mid-October.

[quote name='grandma cruising']Thanks for that advice. I'll look out for it in a few weeks.[/quote]Keep looking. The link is on the cover page where you completed check in, the page before you starting entering your information. The link will appear right under the link labeled "Online Check-In Summary."

[quote name='Britcruiser']The message - '5-7 working days' that I had - has now been replaced with -'tags no longer available because the number of requests has exceeded permissable limits'

So I am going to be disappointed and Alan will have to do his Blue Peter* impression. I am intrigued to know how many are permissible - enough for 50% the passengers 75% or what? Perhaps you and Hazel will be among the lucky recipients!

*BBC Childrens TV programme which included lots of cutting and sticking[/QUOTE]

That message actually means that you have requested tags twice, as that is the maximum number you can request.

Thanks for the explanation. I have only requested the tags once but I suppose it is possible that our travel agent may have also done so.

We have however not received any on several occasions over the past two years or so and had to resort to diy.

[quote name='Britcruiser']Thanks for the explanation. I have only requested the tags once but I suppose it is possible that our travel agent may have also done so.

We have however not received any on several occasions over the past two years or so and had to resort to diy.[/QUOTE]

That could be it yes. How long have you been waiting?

I did hear a rumour that there was a problem recently with the production of luggage tags in the UK! :rolleyes: