Probably a stupid question, but...

teetee207

NO! And its not a stupid question. You will have beach towels for everyone in your cabin when you get there. You can also get them by the pool. If one gets wet you can exchange it for a dry one. Just leave used ones on your bathroom floor and you room steward will bring clean ones. You can also take them ashore with you just make sure you bring them back to the ship.

As a follow-up question: (we'll be on NCL) say I taste towels to the beach for the day and one gets picked up by someone else or taken. What would the ship charge us for a list/stolen towel? Anyone have experience with this?

You should post this on the NCL board (which I see you have already been posting on). Regular NCL cruisers there will know how to answer this question, as the answer varies by cruise line.

I know you are talking HAL, and I know Carnival-so just sharing my experience-you will get a beach towel in your cabin. Pack it up and take it with you, but make sure you bring it back, otherwise, you bought it. And take it back from where you got it-if you took it from the cabin, bring it back to the cabin, if you took it from the pool area, bring it back to the pool area.

No question is stupid, there are however stupid answers.:)

Cruise happy!