El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Ten nights Melanesian discovery with P&O Pacific Explorer departing 24th September ex Sydney, $704 per person twin share interior on a site for finding cruise sales.

there appears to be a stack of prices/cabins available - P&O might have to be a bit more 'realistic' with their prices and deals if they want to fill some of these cruises

(ocean view = about $1000 - balcony $1600 - sorry, call me up when you reduce those balcony prices .... I'm free at the moment :D)

That same site for finding cruise sales has some great prices for P&O cruises during the January school holidays. Most are departing from Brisbane.

The 10 night Eden cruise over Christmas looks good for peak season. Twin obstructed view $1121 and quad porthole outside $1068. Cheaper than staying home!

Would be a bit of a risk with the obstructed view cabin as I think some of those have the smoking area right outside the window. Noisy and not private.

Edited by wagtail_syd
more info

I have been watching a 4 night P & O cruise - Sydney to Moreton Island on 4th Feb 18. It never had appeared in any of the P & O sales despite every cruise around the same time doing so. Any ideas why?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are offering a FREE upgrade to a Balcony Stateroom aboard Ovation of the Seas for 1 day only! This offer is EXCLUSIVE to ....... so, you will not be able to get this anywhere else! Departing 26th March 2018 jump aboard Ovation of the Seas for a 14 night cruise from Sydney to Singapore via Australia's east coast and Malaysia. Once in Singapore stay 1 night in this beautiful garden city before the flight back to Australia. This 15 night Exclusive Fly, Cruise & Stay deal is from only $2299pp, twin share!

Maybe you could think about cruising first before Easter next year? We are offering a FREE upgrade to a Balcony Stateroom aboard Ovation of the Seas for 1 day only! This offer is EXCLUSIVE to ....... you will not be able to get this anywhere else! Departing 26th March 2018 jump aboard Ovation of the Seas for a 14 night cruise from Sydney to Singapore via Australia's east coast and Malaysia. Once in Singapore stay 1 night in this beautiful garden city before the flight back to Australia. This 15 night Exclusive Fly, Cruise & Stay deal is from only $2299pp, twin share!

Maybe you could think about cruising first before Easter next year? We are offering a FREE upgrade to a Balcony Stateroom aboard Ovation of the Seas for 1 day only! This offer is EXCLUSIVE to ....... you will not be able to get this anywhere else! Departing 26th March 2018 jump aboard Ovation of the Seas for a 14 night cruise from Sydney to Singapore via Australia's east coast and Malaysia. Once in Singapore stay 1 night in this beautiful garden city before the flight back to Australia. This 15 night Exclusive Fly, Cruise & Stay deal is from only $2299pp, twin share!

too bad I already got one for 10 days, had to get my own airfares, but comparable price.. I'm a newbie on here, who are you? Where are you? I'm in Perth.

• 2 weeks later...

Last minute Princess deals for unbelievable prices!

It's time to Escape to Asia! Departing 25th November 2017, just shy of 2 months we have just the deal for you! Fly to Singapore and stay 1 night in this beautiful garden city before embarking aboard the 4* Sapphire Princess for 15 nights cruising Singapore return; visiting Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam along the way.

This 17 night Fly, Stay & Cruise is from only $1749pp , twin share! Now that's a fantastic price! Why not treat yourself and upgrade to an Oceanview Stateroom from $249pp!

It's time to Escape to Asia! Departing 25th November 2017, just shy of 2 months we have just the deal for you! Fly to Singapore and stay 1 night in this beautiful garden city before embarking aboard the 4* Sapphire Princess for 15 nights cruising Singapore return; visiting Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam along the way.

This 17 night Fly, Stay & Cruise is from only $1749pp , twin share! Now that's a fantastic price! Why not treat yourself and upgrade to an Oceanview Stateroom from $249pp!

Esilef, how do I contact you? Are you East coast Australia?

I'm seeing this as the 26th Nov departure date on the deal on their website - the email has this different date.

Worth noting is that this cruise returns BACK to Singapore for a day (so it's two cruises added together).

The $1749 is an inside cabin.

One of the somewhat 'disappointing' aspects of this cruise is the short stay in HCMC - 0700 - 1800 (given the 3+ hrs traveling time from Phu My port - you will barely get much time there. The RC cruise we did last Oct stayed overnight

Edited by shireboi

Hello! Can I ask if you can give a little more information on the websites you use? I know you can't say what they are, but there are like 4 of 5 that pop up when searching and usually I book last minute so scoop up a good deal on the companies website, but in laws want me to book a year out and I wanted to get the best deal for them and have found a few websites and wanted to know which are mentioned here. Cheers!

Another thread prompted me to checkout the price on this cruise on the Australian RCI site.

Ovation of the Seas

12 Night NewZealand Holiday Cruise.

ex Sydney 17th December 2017

priced from:

Interior $1,819

Oceanview $2,031

Balcony $2,059

Suite $4,939

I've got mixed feelings about posting this. I'd love to take this offer but I'm unable to - perhaps this will bring joy to others. You'll find this deal on a major Ozzie online cruise travel agent

Norwegian Jewel

17/11/17

13 nights

Depart Syd/Melb/Burnie/NZ Nth Island Ports

Balcony $2035 or $1900 Oceanview twin share including ultimate drink package & 4 meal dining package.

So that's $156 per pax per night for a balcony cabin with a drink package.

Deals are even cheaper without the drink package.

Or you can upgrade to a mini suite (40% larger cabin with a bath) for an extra $10 per pax per night - $2169 per pax.

Fly/Stay/Cruise - includes return flights, one night hotel stay in Singapore, 10 night South East Asian cruise on Sapphire Princess departing 2 December 2017 for $1499. On the Princess website the cruise alone is $2,489!!

Is it really cheap??

Seems good to me anyway

Fly to NY

4 star hotel

trans Atlantic on QMII

QE 12 days Norway Cruise

Q.V. 14 days Spain

Fly home

35 days all up

10,999 Inside

11,999 OV

12,999 Balcony

Now if only Mrs Gut were allowed fly.

Is it really cheap??Seems good to me anyway

Fly to NY4 star hoteltrans Atlantic on QMII

QE 12 days Norway CruiseQ.V. 14 days SpainFly home35 days all up

10,999 Inside11,999 OV12,999 Balcony

Now if only Mrs Gut were allowed fly.

Cunard are coming out with some very good fly cruise combinations and Hotel deals at the moment.