New suite perks

ambkch22

I asked John about enhanced turn down and water if its 1 bottle or replaced as needed

I was told that the announcement for the new suite perks have not been announced yet and they will be this week.

Take that as you wish im wondering if there is more to it ?

I asked John about enhanced turn down and water if its 1 bottle or replaced as needed

I was told that the announcement for the new suite perks have not been announced yet and they will be this week.

Take that as you wish im wondering if there is more to it ?

"This week" is starting to wind down. So, I'm with you... is there more to it?

Tom

Not to steal the thread but did you post a review of your fathom cruise ?

Here is a link to my first day in Havana. I can throw up more if you want. You have to get about halfway through the pics for Old Havana and the people.

Let me know man.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10207932553050028.1073741868.1183000993&type=1&l=8b6223389a

I am sure this will go away quick so save it.

I think you're mistaken - that's their new "Enhanced Turn On" perk, not turn down... ;)

Tom

Yes, my mistake. I got the two confused. It is the feather on the pillow that goes with the Enhanced Turn Down service.:D

I have not rec'd an email.....I have a VS booked for June 2016 & 2017

No mention of a gratuity increase on their website....but it does say this:

ALL THE PERKS. IN EVERY ROOM.

With all this comfort and all these standard features,

you've gotta try real hard to get homesick on a Carnival cruise.

24–hour room service

24–hour room steward

Soft, cozy linens (Carnival Comfort Collection®)

Personal safe for valuables

Nightly turndown service

Plenty of closet and drawer space

Private bathroom and shower

Television

Individual climate control

Telephone

So, will they be removing the Nightly turn-on ;) service from the standard cabins and only have it in the suites??

This all seems a bit silly to me.....the proper way to do this....Increase the gratuities.....THEN cut the services.....not both at the same time :rolleyes:

Edited by AnitaVacation

Were there any suite perks announced yet today?

Thought John Heald was saying May 1st would be the official announcement?

So Far Grand suites will have a Keurig coffee maker, free water, free laundry, priority tendor service for excursions, special pillows and sheets, a chocolate on the pillow at turndown

So far that was what was mentioned by John Heald did say today there was other things which he couldn't mention yet. We will see

So Far Grand suites will have a Keurig coffee maker, free water, free laundry, priority tendor service for excursions, special pillows and sheets, a chocolate on the pillow at turndown

So far that was what was mentioned by John Heald did say today there was other things which he couldn't mention yet. We will see

I believe this is for all suites not just grand suites

I got a email the other day i will repost the main parts of what i got

Our gratuity guidelines will be increasing from $12.00 to $12.95 per person per day for guests sailing in standard staterooms and $13.95 per person per day for guests booked in suites with cruises departing September 1, 2016 and onward. In tandem with this change, in addition to priority embarkation and debarkation in all ports and confirmed main dining room preference, suite guests will now receive priority tender service, complimentary in-suite bottled water and one complimentary bag of laundry per voyage, as well as an enhanced turndown service. Guests who have pre-paid their gratuities as of May 9 will not be affected by the increase.

Did John say when this would start? I have a Grand Suite with extended balcony booked in August

I believe this is for all suites not just grand suites

I got a email the other day i will repost the main parts of what i got

Our gratuity guidelines will be increasing from $12.00 to $12.95 per person per day for guests sailing in standard staterooms and $13.95 per person per day for guests booked in suites with cruises departing September 1, 2016 and onward. In tandem with this change, in addition to priority embarkation and debarkation in all ports and confirmed main dining room preference, suite guests will now receive priority tender service, complimentary in-suite bottled water and one complimentary bag of laundry per voyage, as well as an enhanced turndown service. Guests who have pre-paid their gratuities as of May 9 will not be affected by the increase.

Sorry I think the way I heard it was just the Grand suites will have the coffee maker. All of them will have everything else

Not sure when it'll roll out fleetwide

I'm not sure where their logic is at --- why Carnival can't just simply issue a press release as opposed to having things dribble out through Facebook is beyond me.

If they're trying to build anticipation, it's not working for me...

Tom

I'm not sure where their logic is at --- why Carnival can't just simply issue a press release as opposed to having things dribble out through Facebook is beyond me.

If they're trying to build anticipation, it's not working for me...

Tom

I agree... two months of anticipation and build up to special pillows, coffee maker in one class of one ship, and a free bag of laundry? Hopefully there's a bombshell JH has yet to release, otherwise this turned into a huge dud!

I agree... two months of anticipation and build up to special pillows, coffee maker in one class of one ship, and a free bag of laundry? Hopefully there's a bombshell JH has yet to release, otherwise this turned into a huge dud!

Totally agree as well. We have a handicapped ocean suite booked for next April (friends daughter is disabled) and I was excited to see them add the early to room on the FTTF page. Now they have taken that off of there. No excursions or FTTF has been posted for our cruise as of yet but still just under a year. It has become a bit irritating to see how they have handled this. No big expectations from this home front.

Who gets a suite on Carnival with expectations of anything other than a larger cabin? We've have several and that's the reason, period. A coffee maker and a piece of chocolate? Save up and go on Celebrity in a Celebrity suite or higher, enjoy Micheal's Club (only for that level and above) and all the wonderful perks that go with a real suite.

Who gets a suite on Carnival with expectations of anything other than a larger cabin? We've have several and that's the reason, period. A coffee maker and a piece of chocolate? Save up and go on Celebrity in a Celebrity suite or higher, enjoy Micheal's Club (only for that level and above) and all the wonderful perks that go with a real suite.

Celebrity actually lowered the bar. Now all suites can enjoy Michael's. I was concerned the place would be too crowded as a result but found that not to be the case recently. My guess is because so many people in suites book with the frequent promotion of included beverage packages.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Celebrity actually lowered the bar. Now all suites can enjoy Michael's. I was concerned the place would be too crowded as a result but found that not to be the case recently. My guess is because so many people in suites book with the frequent promotion of included beverage packages.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Adding (for clarification): ... because all people who book suites on Celebrity can enjoy complimentary cocktails each evening in Michael's Lounge -- from something like 5:30-8:00. It's a really nice, relaxing place for before and/or after dinner drinks!

Tom

Adding (for clarification): ... because all people who book suites on Celebrity can enjoy complimentary cocktails each evening in Michael's Lounge -- from something like 5:30-8:00. It's a really nice, relaxing place for before and/or after dinner drinks!

Tom

Just from 5:30-8:00 for the "junior" or mini suites but all day for Celebrity and above?

At any rate the difference in what is considered "perks" between Carnival and most other lines for suites has been and sure seems to be in the future so far apart as to be not a "perk" on Carnival...

Just from 5:30-8:00 for the "junior" or mini suites but all day for Celebrity and above?

At any rate the difference in what is considered "perks" between Carnival and most other lines for suites has been and sure seems to be in the future so far apart as to be not a "perk" on Carnival...

Michael's Club on Celebrity seems to differ by ship. We've been in some where they've got a nice beer cooler in there with LOTS of great choices (for self serve access). Others lack the cooler, and the bar is only staffed during the early evening hours. There are not "junior" suites on Celebrity. All suites (Sky suite up to the Reflection suite) have equal access to Michael's now.

Tom

Michael's Club on Celebrity seems to differ by ship. We've been in some where they've got a nice beer cooler in there with LOTS of great choices (for self serve access). Others lack the cooler, and the bar is only staffed during the early evening hours. There are not "junior" suites on Celebrity. All suites (Sky suite up to the Reflection suite) have equal access to Michael's now.

Tom

ah, meant the Sky suite. I am sorry to hear Michael's is not staffed during the day. Last March on the Connie we had a wonderful time and used it all day, but then again the suite dining room was not open, maybe that's why? We would stop in around lunch to grab a cold one (we did have the drink package but it was so easy at the club) and sometimes we would meet another nice couple and hang out. Sad to hear that it's gone to just early evening.... not the same.

I know, but Carnival has our loyalty because they port in New Orleans.