New suite perks

ambkch22

We hope these aren't the only new suite perks.....Only thing that would new at all would be the suite being ready right when you board

I asked JH few weeks back when the announcement would be and all he could say then was soon AND HE THOUGHT I'd BE QUITE HAPPY

You do now get zone 1 when departing the ship. What really means nothing or next to nothing. NCL you are taking by back elevator right to card off person, getting into the room ASAP great to lose tge carry on. Getting money ect. Locked in safe. Then go to eat. Personnel I never feel the need to get off the ship first.

I had a Neptune (formerly SC) suite on Holland America and it was awesome. We had our own private lounge and concierge, free daily laundry service, tea time, etc. Here is what they are listing (including the new upgrades) for Neptune Suites one can hope Carnival will be similar... if you EVER get the opportunity to do a Neptune Suite on HAL take it. We got lucky with a 3rd person cruise free deal and was able to split the cost 3 ways... so very worth it and some!

Exclusive Amenities

•NEW! In-suite coffee and espresso machine*

•NEW! Bose® SoundDock®*

•NEW! Complimentary mimosas with in-suite breakfast*

•Cocktail party with ship's officers

•Neptune Lounge

•Teak-lined private verandah

•High tea service in suite on request

•A variety of firm, medium and soft pillows

•No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining

•Personalized cruise stationery

•One-touch telephone concierge service

•Fresh flowers

Exceptional Service

•Complimentary laundry, pressing and dry cleaning throughout your cruise

•Priority dining and seating requests

•Priority boarding for tendered ports of call

•Special disembarkation service

•Exclusive daily breakfast service

•Daily housekeeping to tidy belongings and keep staterooms immaculate

•Complimentary fresh fruit on request

•Complimentary 24-hour In-Room Dining

•Nightly turndown service

•Complimentary shoeshine service

•Complimentary ice service

Special Touches

•NEW! Expanded line of Elemis bath amenities*

•NEW! Premium duvet, and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers*

•Cold hors d'oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request

•Gorgeous corsages and boutonnieres for the first formal night

•Binoculars and umbrellas for your use on the cruise

•Complimentary sparkling wine served in the Neptune Lounge upon embarkation

•Complimentary bottled water provided in suite at embarkation

•100% Egyptian cotton towels

•Lighted magnifying mirrors; massage showerheads; salon-quality hair dryers

•Flat-panel TV and DVD player

•Complimentary DVD library

•Generous storage

•Safes for your valuables

I had a Neptune (formerly SC) suite on Holland America and it was awesome. We had our own private lounge and concierge, free daily laundry service, tea time, etc. Here is what they are listing (including the new upgrades) for Neptune Suites one can hope Carnival will be similar... if you EVER get the opportunity to do a Neptune Suite on HAL take it. We got lucky with a 3rd person cruise free deal and was able to split the cost 3 ways... so very worth it and some!

Exclusive Amenities

•NEW! In-suite coffee and espresso machine*

•NEW! Bose® SoundDock®*

•NEW! Complimentary mimosas with in-suite breakfast*

•Cocktail party with ship's officers

•Neptune Lounge

•Teak-lined private verandah

•High tea service in suite on request

•A variety of firm, medium and soft pillows

•No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining

•Personalized cruise stationery

•One-touch telephone concierge service

•Fresh flowers

Exceptional Service

•Complimentary laundry, pressing and dry cleaning throughout your cruise

•Priority dining and seating requests

•Priority boarding for tendered ports of call

•Special disembarkation service

•Exclusive daily breakfast service

•Daily housekeeping to tidy belongings and keep staterooms immaculate

•Complimentary fresh fruit on request

•Complimentary 24-hour In-Room Dining

•Nightly turndown service

•Complimentary shoeshine service

•Complimentary ice service

Special Touches

•NEW! Expanded line of Elemis bath amenities*

•NEW! Premium duvet, and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers*

•Cold hors d'oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request

•Gorgeous corsages and boutonnieres for the first formal night

•Binoculars and umbrellas for your use on the cruise

•Complimentary sparkling wine served in the Neptune Lounge upon embarkation

•Complimentary bottled water provided in suite at embarkation

•100% Egyptian cotton towels

•Lighted magnifying mirrors; massage showerheads; salon-quality hair dryers

•Flat-panel TV and DVD player

•Complimentary DVD library

•Generous storage

•Safes for your valuables

Good info, thanks. Tell me how much a Neptune suite costs?

It was a pricey cruise. We went on a 10 day to the Panama Canal during the Christmas holiday season... With taxes, prepaid gratuities and port charges it was $4665.78, divide among 3 adults (myself, my sister and my mom) it came to 1555.26 each. Honestly I have paid that much to split a regular aft wrap during the holiday season on CCL and got no perks. Oh and I didn't mention, our SC category suite was an Aft Wrap and the bathroom had a Jacuzzi tub plus two showers.. (one over the tub and one walk in) and a separate dressing / make up area. We loved that suite.

No I didn't remember the exact cost to the penny, but I save all of my invoices in the cloud and looked it up, LOL...

Edited by beta98beta

It was a pricey cruise. We went on a 10 day to the Panama Canal during the Christmas holiday season... With taxes, prepaid gratuities and port charges it was $4665.78, divide among 3 adults (myself, my sister and my mom) it came to 1555.26 each. Honestly I have paid that much to split a regular aft wrap during the holiday season on CCL and got no perks. Oh and I didn't mention, our SC category suite was an Aft Wrap and the bathroom had a Jacuzzi tub plus two showers.. (one over the tub and one walk in) and a separate dressing / make up area. We loved that suite.

No I didn't remember the exact cost to the penny, but I save all of my invoices in the cloud and looked it up, LOL...

Not bad at all.

My 11-night over Thanksgiving (aft corner Neptune suite) on the new Koningsdam was about 8 grand for the two of us. BTW, I didn't pick HAL for the suite perks - theirs pale in comparison to what I'd get for the same 8 grand on some other lines. Having said that, we're really looking forward to this sailing!

Tom

My 11-night over Thanksgiving (aft corner Neptune suite) on the new Koningsdam was about 8 grand for the two of us. BTW, I didn't pick HAL for the suite perks - theirs pale in comparison to what I'd get for the same 8 grand on some other lines. Having said that, we're really looking forward to this sailing!

Tom

Wow, we really did get a good deal then! :) Even with inflation that's double.... but Koningsdam is a new ship so I guess its to be expected.

Tom

Would love to hear more about it after you cruise.

Would love to hear more about it after you cruise.

Will do Jim !

Hey, I know you're a guy who's interested in some of the nuts and bolts aspect of ships. Take a look at Captain Albert's Blog. He's on the Koningsdam right now - and it's due for delivery in just a couple of days. He posts daily, and over the last 2-3 weeks in particular it's been very interesting.

Tom

Will do Jim !

Hey, I know you're a guy who's interested in some of the nuts and bolts aspect of ships. Take a look at Captain Albert's Blog. He's on the Koningsdam right now - and it's due for delivery in just a couple of days. He posts daily, and over the last 2-3 weeks in particular it's been very interesting.

Tom

Thanks I def will take a look.

Posted today on John Heald's fb..

"Just debarked yesterday, from cruise #16! I love Carnival! The only thing I missed was my K Cup flavored coffee, at home! Sipping a cup now, and it tastes soooo much better than "Lido Deck coffee". Lol. I'm seriously considering packing my Keurig machine for my next cruise!"

JH.."well, lets see what the suite life offers in days to come but I hope you had a brilliant time and did you try a coffee at the coffee bar, the Lavazza is superb. Cheers and I am here if you need anything"

Sounds to me like the suite's might get Keurig machines as an added perk..What do you guys think?

Posted today on John Heald's fb..

"Just debarked yesterday, from cruise #16! I love Carnival! The only thing I missed was my K Cup flavored coffee, at home! Sipping a cup now, and it tastes soooo much better than "Lido Deck coffee". Lol. I'm seriously considering packing my Keurig machine for my next cruise!"

JH.."well, lets see what the suite life offers in days to come but I hope you had a brilliant time and did you try a coffee at the coffee bar, the Lavazza is superb. Cheers and I am here if you need anything"

Sounds to me like the suite's might get Keurig machines as an added perk..What do you guys think?

Maybe they will follow NCL and put Lavazza or Nespresso machines!:)

Maybe they will follow NCL and put Lavazza or Nespresso machines!:)

Hmm..Maybe that's what he meant when he said the Lavazza is superb.

I don't know much about specialty coffee at all, but today I told my husband I think we need to find a better coffee here at home. The Folgers we have tastes like Raid bug spray to me lately. I definitely want to try this Lavazza out onboard. :)

Hm. I thought the OP was talking tongue-in-cheek about the new perks. Most of it sounded like what was already there with some FTTF thrown in. I'll believe it when CCL posts it on site. And no I'm not from the Show Me state. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

On the carnival FFTF FAQ page it lists the perks:

Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes and express boarding lane. This is only available on embarkation day. If you arrive after general boarding has begun, you may bypass the general boarding line and board via the Faster to the Fun lane.

Note: Only VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests as well as guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will have access to the Priority Check-In Lounge and proceed on board before FTTF guests.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and don your cruise attire first!

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone and line at Guest Services.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

Tender Priority

You will have priority tender service from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to. When ready to go ashore, if not on a Carnival shore excursion, present yourself at the Guest Services Desk.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Debarkation Choices

We are always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

I pulled this just this morning. And from what I can tell, the only perks FFTF gets that suites don't get is the guest services dedicated line and the tender priority.