New suite perks

ambkch22

So... Carnival is finally getting "in the game" by supporting meet-n-greets. How many years did it take them to come around?

Now, there's apparent changes coming to the suite perks list. I'm not holding my breath, but let's see what Carnival can come up with.

Things I've suggested over the YEARS:

> Room service: Expanded menu (particularly HOT breakfast)

> VIFP points: Bonus points for suite guests

> Specialty dining: Cover for two (one night) - thinking about their capacity, with many ships having just a single venue, I doubt they'll go this far. Not to mention that there are plenty of ships where this would be worthless

> Internet: Some type of discount or free package

> Beverages: Discount on Cheers or a couple/few coupons for complimentary drinks

> Laundry: Similar to Platinum guests (I'd guess)

> ... probably others, but it's been sooooo long!

Of course there's things which other lines offer, but I think some of that would be stretching it w/Carnival - such as: Suite lounge w/complimentary drinks in the evening or priority/reserved seating in shows.

There's really no telling - but let's just sit back and see what comes down the pike!

Tom

I'm sure it will be "brilliant"!

Most likely they are going to give suites the same benefits that Plat/Diam get without having the days at sea... maybe throw in FREE ice or something else grand!

I have a feeling this will disappoint a lot of guest....

Guests traveling in the following deluxe suite accommodations will be entitled to additional perks.

Captain's Suites, Grand Suites, Vista Suites, Family Harbor Suites, Havana Cabana Suites, Cloud 9 Spa Suites, Ocean Suites, Junior Suites

Guaranteed Dining

Guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will be guaranteed their dining choice.

Carnival’s Priority Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special check-in privileges. Cruise documents are stamped, 'Priority' and state, 'If you have priority check-in (listed on your documents), please proceed to the Priority lounge'. We provide Priority Check-In at all embarkation ports.

Guests must ask for ‘Priority Check-In’ upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that guests are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

First Access to Stateroom

Deluxe suite accommodations will be ready for guests as soon as they board so they can relax or freshen up for all the fun they are about to have.

Priority Debarkation

Guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will receive a debarkation letter offering a choice of how they would prefer to disembark the ship. They will be given the option of Self Assist (where offered) or Priority Debarkation; for Priority Debarkation, guests will receive special luggage tags which will entitle them to leave the ship after the Self Assist guests but before the remainder of the guests

Please Note: The following perks are not for those guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations unless they are VIFP Diamond or Platinum guests or have purchased Faster to the Fun.

•Express luggage delivery

•Priority line at Guest Services desk

•Dedicated onboard Guest Services phone number

•Priority tender boarding

Edited by KoalaWala

Guests traveling in the following deluxe suite accommodations will be entitled to additional perks.

Captain's Suites, Grand Suites, Vista Suites, Family Harbor Suites, Havana Cabana Suites, Cloud 9 Spa Suites, Ocean Suites, Junior Suites

Guaranteed Dining

Guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will be guaranteed their dining choice.

Carnival’s Priority Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special check-in privileges. Cruise documents are stamped, 'Priority' and state, 'If you have priority check-in (listed on your documents), please proceed to the Priority lounge'. We provide Priority Check-In at all embarkation ports.

Guests must ask for ‘Priority Check-In’ upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that guests are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

Deluxe suite accommodations will be ready for guests as soon as they board so they can relax or freshen up for all the fun they are about to have.

Priority Debarkation

Guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will receive a debarkation letter offering a choice of how they would prefer to disembark the ship. They will be given the option of Self Assist (where offered) or Priority Debarkation; for Priority Debarkation, guests will receive special luggage tags which will entitle them to leave the ship after the Self Assist guests but before the remainder of the guests

Please Note: The following perks are not for those guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations unless they are VIFP Diamond or Platinum guests or have purchased Faster to the Fun.

Was this something which was just released?

Tom

Guaranteed Dining

Priority Debarkation

There is really nothing more different than what you get now except for first access to the stateroom.

The only other new thing I see on here (besides what ranchette noted) is Priority Debarkation. To my knowledge, suite guests don't get that perk today (or do they? I haven't sailed in a suite yet).

KoalaWala, are these the new Australian perks, and/or will these be the US/European perks as well?

If this is truly it, and if this is what the US and European cruisers can expect,, this is indeed disappointing. At minimum I'd like to see free FTTF perks and double cruise points for suites.

Edited by undercat

The only other new thing I see on here (besides what ranchette noted) is Priority Debarkation. To my knowledge, suite guests don't get that perk today (or do they? I haven't sailed in a suite yet).

KoalaWala, are these the new Australian perks, and/or will these be the US/European perks as well?

If this is truly it, and if this is what the US and European cruisers can expect,, this is indeed disappointing. At minimum I'd like to see free FTTF perks and double cruise points for suites.

If your minimum expectation was double cruise points you set yourself up for disappointment from the outset. That is counter to anything they have done in the past. Also, why single out US and European cruisers?

Edited by jimbo5544

Yes, this is for the USA / Euro cruises. And they currently do not get priority debarkation.

It is my understanding that these are in place effective immediately because there is no start date.

If your minimum expectation was double cruise points you set yourself up for disappointment from the outset. That is counter to anything they have done in the past. Also, why single out US and European cruisers?

To clarify, I posted (with an extra comma due to an edit...oops) "if this is what the US and European cruisers can expect,, this is indeed disappointing. At minimum I'd like to see ..." In any case, what I'd HOPED for (better?) and what I'd like to see are double cruise points and free FTTF. These would be a minimum amount of added value I'd perceive as "new suite perks".

I asked about US and European because KoalaWala's location is listed as USA and AUS, so rather than assume the market to which the perks applied, I asked.

Edited by undercat

So this pretty much eliminates the need to get FTTF for our cruise in Nov.? The only thing I would not have is my luggage, and a special line for guest services?

The biggest thing I can see is the priority embarkation, which I understood we had already, and access to room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by 5sonz

Yes, this is for the USA / Euro cruises. And they currently do not get priority debarkation.

It is my understanding that these are in place effective immediately because there is no start date.

Where is this posted at? I have not seen anything on any other site about it.

This is incorrect. Suite guests currently do (and have since at at least 2011) get priority debarkation. We have received the Zone 1 luggage tags and the printed instructions to meet in the VIP debarkation lounge every time we have sailed in a Carnival Suite.

"Priority Debarkation

In addition, Platinum and Diamond guests and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will receive a debarkation letter offering a choice of how they would prefer to disembark the ship. They will be given the option of Self Assist (where offered) or Priority Debarkation; for Priority Debarkation, the guest will receive special luggage tags which will entitle them to debark the ship after the Self Assist guests but before the remainder of the guests."

If they will be adding suite perks, and we have a Vista suite on the Pride, should I wait to see what they are before I get the FTTF?

Suites come with priority boarding.

To clarify, I posted (with an extra comma due to an edit...oops) "if this is what the US and European cruisers can expect,, this is indeed disappointing. At minimum I'd like to see ..." In any case, what I'd HOPED for (better?) and what I'd like to see are double cruise points and free FTTF. These would be a minimum amount of added value I'd perceive as "new suite perks".

I asked about US and European because KoalaWala's location is listed as USA and AUS, so rather than assume the market to which the perks applied, I asked.

Missed the down under reference. Still epwaiting on where the post came from

Diamonds & Plats still debark first before self-assist, so I'm happy!

Oops. Meant to say, Diamonds & Plats debark first if self-assist. If not, D&P go after self-assist. That includes suite guests.

We have gotten zone 1 debarkation every time we have been in a suite and that has been the last 8 cruises. So if this post is correct, all the suite guests get will be access to our room early? Everything else is what we already get. I haven't seen this info anywhere on their website or from John Heald's fb page. I hope the changes are better than this. I will be bummed.

We have gotten zone 1 debarkation every time we have been in a suite and that has been the last 8 cruises. So if this post is correct, all the suite guests get will be access to our room early? Everything else is what we already get. I haven't seen this info anywhere on their website or from John Heald's fb page. I hope the changes are better than this. I will be bummed.

I don't think what is posted is correct. Looks more like a jumble up of FTTF and some of the suite perks that are already added. Will believe what John Heald post which I think will be closer to May 1st as was stated earlier in this thread.

We have mostly stopped booking suites on Carnival because of the lack of perks (except we do occasionally book an aft wrap, that is a perk on its own!).

This announcement won't change matters.

Compare to NCL - and it isn't even close. (My favorite, specialty dining for breakfast/lunch...)

We have mostly stopped booking suites on Carnival because of the lack of perks (except we do occasionally book an aft wrap, that is a perk on its own!).

This announcement won't change matters.

Compare to NCL - and it isn't even close. (My favorite, specialty dining for breakfast/lunch...)

Far as I am concerned there is no announcement. See post above yours. Seen enough ugliness on ncl board.

For whatever reason, that question has not been answered... and three have posed it in varying forms.

Waiting... ;)

Tom

Sorry, I am not glued to the computer on my days off... This is Carnival policy #3593. Feel free to call CS and ask them to look up #3593-Suite Amenities are Perks. This was updated and released on 03/23/2016 which makes it the most current.

Sorry, I am not glued to the computer on my days off... This is Carnival policy #3593. Feel free to call CS and ask them to look up #3593-Suite Amenities are Perks. This was updated and released on 03/23/2016 which makes it the most current.

How did this information come to your attention - travel agent?

One of two things... it's either an incremental (and likely periodic) update OR, if it does represent their "new" program, they're too embarassed to go public with a press release - for fear of becoming a laughing stock thanks to their suite perks. Heck, why did I use the word becoming ? ! ;)

Thanks,

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

Can you provide a link?

Searched both the regular site as well as the TA booking site and can find nothing anywhere to support your claim