New suite perks

ambkch22

Does anyone know what the new perks Carnival will be adding with having a suite room? John mentioned it, but never said what it will be. Anyone know

I am sailing in a Victory suite in May and curious about this info from the CCL site:

In Suite accommodations only, guests are able to connect their own DVD/video source through the television using an audio/video input plate; guests must supply their own RCA connection cables.

Can a recent Victory passenger please confirm if the A/V input plate on the suite TVs are really still RCA and not HDMI or something else? I really want to travel with only the cables I need, and if I need an iOS-to-RCA cable solution I need to start researching now.

Well it looks like we'll officially know the New Suite Perks this week instead of having to wait till May.....John Heald posted this morning he'll be making the announcement This Week as well as posting videos and pics of all the different suites and rooms....Also info on the New IMAX theater n charges.....New Seafood Shack menu.....

And More info about the Vista

I can't wait and looking forward to all the News

Edited by LaCal

Well it looks like we'll officially know the New Suite Perks this week instead of having to wait till May.....John Heald posted this morning he'll be making the announcement This Week as well as posting videos and pics of all the different suites and rooms....Also info on the New IMAX theater n charges.....New Seafood Shack menu.....

Looking forward to this - though I'm tempering my expectations, which will give me room to be impressed should the situation warrant!

Tom

I will be excited to hear what the new perks will be and am hoping it will be more than just the updates we can see on the FTTF.

But I have a question.. In reading John's post, it appears he is on the Vista this week. Does his comment only apply to Vista? He referred to "suite amenities" put not perks.

Once these are announced, how long is it in general to roll-out?

Diamonds & Plats still debark first before self-assist, so I'm happy!

Not really....... I just got of the Valor and Diamond & Platinum were after self assist. That is of course unless they were schlepping their own luggage, then they were with the rest of self assist folks. It may just be me but it seems over half of the ship self assisted.

Not really....... I just got of the Valor and Diamond & Platinum were after self assist. That is of course unless they were schlepping their own luggage, then they were with the rest of self assist folks. It may just be me but it seems over half of the ship self assisted.

True enough. The trend is to pack lighter and self-assist. We've been doing this since our second cruise. I hate searching for our bags after we get off, and I like to get off and be on our way ASAP on debarkation day.

True enough. The trend is to pack lighter and self-assist. We've been doing this since our second cruise. I hate searching for our bags after we get off, and I like to get off and be on our way ASAP on debarkation day.

I agree that more and more are doing just that. As a diamond and plat you do get to get off in the front of that group as well tho.....

I see an announcement about extended times and added excursions for Cozumel involving over 750 sailings. JH's Facebook page stated that the announcement would involve abour 800 sailings so maybe today's is not about the suite perks?

I agree that more and more are doing just that. As a diamond and plat you do get to get off in the front of that group as well tho.....

Yes, we debark moments after the ship is cleared by CBP. :)

I hope everyone knows that if the perk level for suites goes up the price for a suite will go up. You are not going to get something for nothing. :rolleyes:

It's supply and demand the prices of suites will only go as high as travelers are willing to pay. This same concept is used on all cabins. If Carnival could charge 10k for an inside cabins and fill the ships they would. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by cruiserNC

You have no idea. Diamond has advantages you don't know of, sometimes we leave through different exits than others along with crew.

Is a Carnival suite worth it???

It depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a luxurious experience my opinion is no but if you're looking for space than absolutely. It may differ from ship to ship but from our experience on the ships we've sailed on the suites are somewhat similar to regular rooms decor wise just larger.

Asked John if he'll be announcing the actual New suite perks this week and he answered right away and said the New Perks will be announced towards the end of next week

This week he'll be showing videos of the new suites on the Vista and some amenities that go with them plus loads of other great info

Stay Tuned lol

Asked John if he'll be announcing the actual New suite perks this week and he answered right away and said the New Perks will be announced towards the end of next week

This week he'll be showing videos of the new suites on the Vista and some amenities that go with them plus loads of other great info

Stay Tuned lol

Thanks for the update.

I've got a GS booked next summer on the Vista, so we'll see what they've done with those and what's in store for suite guests.

Tom

Thanks for the update.

I've got a GS booked next summer on the Vista, so we'll see what they've done with those and what's in store for suite guests.

Tom

After she comes over I assume?