Urgent please help

Good luck. Please let us know how you make out with this. I hope you get your stuff. Ugh!!

Sending a virtual hug to the posters who were kind enough to post helpful info. Nice. :)

One thing I've started doing is remembering our Bag Count number, and telling DH "Honey, our bag count is 6." Because it's just too easy to overlook a small bag, or for each person to think that the other one grabbed it. Every time we move from Point A to Point B (loading the car at home, checking bags at the airport, loading a taxi at our destination, etc.) I try to remember "What's the Bag Count?"

Good luck with this! :)

Good luck. Please let us know how you make out with this. I hope you get your stuff. Ugh!!

Sending a virtual hug to the posters who were kind enough to post helpful info. Nice. :)

One thing I've started doing is remembering our Bag Count number, and telling DH "Honey, our bag count is 6." Because it's just too easy to overlook a small bag, or for each person to think that the other one grabbed it. Every time we move from Point A to Point B (loading the car at home, checking bags at the airport, loading a taxi at our destination, etc.) I try to remember "What's the Bag Count?"

Excellent suggestion!

Thank you for the idea of the bag count. We forget one bag in the pick-up area yesterday. Can't go back through customs. Carnival rep got it for us.

Oh, OP, I do hope you get your bag back with everything still inside. I can somewhat understand your feelings of panic about it, as one one of our cruises we left on the hotel shuttle to go to the ship and my elderly mother had completely forgotten her carry-on bag and left it in the lobby of the hotel. There were probably a dozen or so people on the shuttle but the driver kindly went back to the hotel (we weren't even a mile away when I asked her where her bag was) and we did get it back. It was miraculously still on the floor by the chair she had been sitting in. The lobby was full of people so I was shocked no one had taken it, or taken it up to the front desk. I panicked about it as her pass port was in the bag along with all of her medications, etc.

A previous poster's suggestion of counting bags is a great one!

• 4 weeks later...
Well, folks. There's a very good chance I will be out about $700. A bag with an iPad, expensive phone charger, wallet with money and gift cards and several phone chargers are now gone. [emoji24]

Make sure this doesn't happen to you.

I am so sorry! That is horrible...

Well, folks. There's a very good chance I will be out about $700. A bag with an iPad, expensive phone charger, wallet with money and gift cards and several phone chargers are now gone. [emoji24]

If there is an iPad inside, can you use the Find my iPhone app to see where it is?

You sound like you might be a nurse! I remember watching medical shows and the surgeon is making a sponge count before closing up the patient.

As I get older I find myself continuously counting bags as I make my way off the ship. My wife thinks I have OCD but I dread the day when I forget a bag full of expensive stuff like the OP did.

I left a bag FULL of valuables on the ship and am still at the port. WHAT DO I DO?

I know it's over, but I just can't wrap my head around how you didn't miss it leaving the cabin, walking to the debarkation exit. Was there other luggage to pick up after getting off? That must have been a good sized bag or carry on.

I don't have many valuables to guard, but if it's something I don't want to forget (I used to carry a fancy camera and bag) I made sure it was on the bed and in full view so I'd see it during my final cabin scan.

Thanks for the reminder not to forget your valuables when leaving the ship.

Edited by StolidCruiser

So sorry to hear that. I got off of the ship last January & immediately realized I didn't have my seat cane. Fortunately, they allowed me back on to go get it.

I only bring it with me in case I have to wait in line before being allowed inside terminal. I'm Platinum, but if there's a delay from previous people getting off the ship, there may be a line outside. I also use it while waiting for muster drill to start.

On the Norwegian Pearl in Seattle (Alaska itinerary) in 2009, I won the poker tournament and got off the ship leaving $2400 in cold, hard, cash in the safe! :eek:

I realized when we were standing waiting for our hotel shuttle, so immediately went back to the nearest NCL official I could find, which was a lady at the exit to the customs hall. She immediately get on the radio after explaining that I wasn't allowed back on the ship. I was sure all was lost at this point. Sure enough, though, about 15 minutes later, someone came down with all my cash. Cool, I could breathe again - and they wouldn't even accept a tip (shocking, eh?)!!!

Now, we do a sweep of the cabin including the safe before we leave.

Years ago when we were leaving our cottage, my Mother would make everybody get in the car. Then she would go through the cottage and check to make sure we hadn't forgotten anything. Years later when we had our own cottage, I would do the same thing. Now whenever we stay at a hotel or do a cruise, I do it again. Only takes a few minutes and is well worth the extra time spent.

Years ago when we were leaving our cottage, my Mother would make everybody get in the car. Then she would go through the cottage and check to make sure we hadn't forgotten anything. Years later when we had our own cottage, I would do the same thing. Now whenever we stay at a hotel or do a cruise, I do it again. Only takes a few minutes and is well worth the extra time spent.

Yep, visual check for closet and drawers and bag count. I always use just a carry on so my bag count is ONE and done.

Sorry to hear this. No word from Carnival yet? I don't understand how they can not get this back to you unless someone on the staff stole it. I know they say they have a warehouse of stuff like this, but it should be easy to tag it in a bag with the ship/ room # and sailing date. Heck they should have all that info to get in touch with you.

It's not like a bus or something where people after you can take it.

I find it suspicious they can't return property like this..

• 4 weeks later...
CARNIVAL CALLED!

Bag with everything inside FOUND.

Will be shipped to my house within the next week.

Wow! I saw this thread on page 1 and thought "Who's pulling up this thread again?" I was on that cruise as well and it seems like a million years ago!

Glad your story had a happy ending!