Flying East Coast to West Coast-Time adjusting

marshhawk

So, we are finally going to Alaska, but I want to know how much "time adjustment " will I be getting. We fly out from Atlanta at 1:30 p.m., arrive at 3:30 p.m. My tummy will say it's dinner time, and my head will say it's bed time about an hour after we land. How did the time change affect you?

We have flown across many time zones and have had this happen every trip. Don't overthink it. You will adjust - it's only a few hours. The time your eyes see on the clock will set your body into motion and you'll be fine. Continue with your daily routine.

By the way, I wonder if you might please consider posting in a smaller font? Size 6 really is huge. I am asking politely, although I know it is your choice. :)

Edited by Langley Cruisers

We have flown across many time zones and have had this happen every trip. Don't overthink it. You will adjust - it's only a few hours. The time your eyes see on the clock will set your body into motion and you'll be fine. Continue with your daily routine.

By the way, I wonder if you might please consider posting in a smaller font? Size 6 really is huge. I am asking politely, although I know it is your choice. :)

Sorry, I have a different opinion, the larger font is much easier to read for me.... I would not ask anyone to change it.

and I had no idea how large it would be, but I to am visually impaired and enjoy larger print. lets see if this is better

and thanks. years ago I would fly to Europe, leave at 6 p.m. and arrive at 6 a.m. and go all day long, but I was in my teens, now I am in my gulp 60's and I do nap:o, so maybe I can do that on the plane.

and no, now that I have looked at this response, I think I will choose size 3....

Edited by marshhawk

So, we are finally going to Alaska, but I want to know how much "time adjustment " will I be getting. We fly out from Atlanta at 1:30 p.m., arrive at 3:30 p.m. My tummy will say it's dinner time, and my head will say it's bed time about an hour after we land. How did the time change affect you?

Flying East to West is much much easier than West to East.

You bigger issue will be when you fly home at the end of the cruise.

Besides,,, it's only 3 time zone. Your body and mind should be back to normal within a couple of days.

Sorry, I have a different opinion, the larger font is much easier to read for me.... I would not ask anyone to change it.

The better solution is to fix your browser and forum settings to display larger then. That will help you with all posts. Technology is great for people with challenges such as vision.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 7 edge using Tapatalk.

It's only a 3 hour difference from EST to PST! Really not as big a deal as you may think.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

and I had no idea how large it would be, but I to am visually impaired and enjoy larger print. lets see if this is better

and thanks. years ago I would fly to Europe, leave at 6 p.m. and arrive at 6 a.m. and go all day long, but I was in my teens, now I am in my gulp 60's and I do nap:o, so maybe I can do that on the plane.

and no, now that I have looked at this response, I think I will choose size 3....

Better not to nap on that flight. When you land at 3:30 (feeling like 6:30) you should be OK to hold out two and a half hours until 6:00 (9:00 your time) for dinner. Then delay bed time a bit so you will wake up fine on Pacific time in the morning.

That three hour difference going east takes a bit more adjusting.

Since we don't have direct flights -- the trip east to west does make for a long day for us.

We choose our first flight early in the morning -- have a couple hour lay over -- and then usually arrive by 2 PM in Seattle.

We do fly in 2 or 3 days before the cruise so that we can "adjust".

Last time I checked, Seattle was in Washington (the state - not the district), which is Pacific and 3 hrs difference from Atlanta

Nowhere was Seattle mentioned. They only mentioned Alaska in this thread. But looking at other pays by them i see they are flying into Seattle so you did guess that correctly. But it looks like they actually leave out of Vancouver.

Edit: they did mention Seattle after the post you referenced though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 7 edge using Tapatalk.

Edited by sherilyn70

sorry about that, yes, from Atlanta to Seattle, then they throw us off in Vancouver, staying there one night, bussing back to Seattle for another night, and then heading east. and oops for me, I am out of vacation by then, and will have to go back to work that weekend, one day recoup time.:eek: