Monarch

BillOh

She looks amazing! I love that Pullmantur livery ... so sharp.

Is it true that Monarch is coming back to RC like Empress did? I could swear I read that on here a while back ...

I am pretty sure they changed their minds on that.

She looks amazing! I love that Pullmantur livery ... so sharp.

Is it true that Monarch is coming back to RC like Empress did? I could swear I read that on here a while back ...

Doubt that even if they did mention it.

Empress has been a total disaster between the bad reviews, $149 a person five night cruise fares, and still no Cuba sailings :p

Love it; Monarch was our first cruise - our honeymoon in April 1997 - Southern Caribbean 7 night out of San Juan.

Our first cruise as well. 1996 - also Southern Caribbean out of San Juan.

Tiny inside cabin. Great memories.... Departure from cruise terminal was awful though. They've really improved arrivals and departures since those times.

Our first cruise as well. 1996 - also Southern Caribbean out of San Juan.

Tiny inside cabin. Great memories.... Departure from cruise terminal was awful though. They've really improved arrivals and departures since those times.

Was it like this?

1e5a9fd494e98b459dce0e3baa46cf0c.jpg

Doubt that even if they did mention it.

Empress has been a total disaster between the bad reviews, $149 a person five night cruise fares, and still no Cuba sailings :p

I went on the early Sept cruise on Empress absolutely love it! Staff was great, shows were great. Yes, it is a small ship, but I enjoyed every single minute of it.

Would love to do the 11/28 3 nighter, but we leave for our week cruise on the 3rd, so just doesn't work. Would cruise Empress again in a heartbeat!

It was my 1st as well, June 1998 with my mom (her 1st as well). We had so much fun. I remember when she had a movie theater, and my brother and I watched The Game with Michael Douglas.

Funny story. I also went on my honeymoon on Monarch. It was my DH's 1st cruise, and I was very excited to be on this ship again. She had been revamped by 2007 and I told him there used to be a movie theater onboard. He didn't believe me because he couldn't see where they would have put it. One night when we were in the elevator, I looked at the different decks listed...and sure enough, there was the movie theater listed on one of the decks. With the revamp, they must have forgot to change out the sign (or maybe they didn't??) We got a good laugh out of that one.