Transferring a booking to a TA - is this common

lovevacadays

I reached out to a very reputable TA to transfer a booking I made directly with Princess. She said she would discount the fare and/or offer OBC. Fantastic! I give her my booking number expecting an email back with a revised fare or info on the OBC she might offer. I didn't get anything back so emailed her and the response was exactly the same with no info. I just looked at my cruise Personalizer and it shows my booking is now under this TA. I did tell her I wanted to transfer it but would have expected her to give me updated information on my fare and/or OBC. No OBC is showing on the booking and because I transferred it to her I can't see the total fare amount any longer. I guess I'll have to ask for the third time but wondered if this was a typical scenario.

This has been a very busy week for travel agents who do a ton of Princess sales. They had massive $1 deposits and then exotics opened up (after Americas opening up last week). I think their main concern is to get people booked and then catch up on paperwork. At least that is what I would want, to have the TA get the cabin I want and then email the details when they are caught up. So probably one of the busiest weeks for agents who work with Princess.

Yes, once you transfer to TA, you do not see the fare on Cruise Personalizer.

This has been a very busy week for travel agents who do a ton of Princess sales. They had massive $1 deposits and then exotics opened up (after Americas opening up last week). I think their main concern is to get people booked and then catch up on paperwork. At least that is what I would want, to have the TA get the cabin I want and then email the details when they are caught up. So probably one of the busiest weeks for agents who work with Princess.

Yes, once you transfer to TA, you do not see the fare on Cruise Personalizer.

You are right. I shouldn't be impatient.

You are right. I shouldn't be impatient.

Probably didn't realize everything else was going on as you were thinking/excited for your cruise. It really was a busy week for agents.

Probably didn't realize everything else was going on as you were thinking/excited for your cruise. It really was a busy week for agents.

Yep, I understand. I have a pesky habit of paying too close attention to detail. And have to work on that impatience thing. I book through Princess most of the time even realizing that I can get 75-100 off my fare with a TA.

But, I'm grateful the TA was able to get us each 100.00 of our Royal Princess fare and 25.00 off with 25. OBC on a Ruby cruise.

I have two other bookings with Princess and think I'll keep them with Princess for now since it really is so busy for TA's right now.

In the past, I have either booked with a TA or directly with the cruise line. So, this is my first experience transferring a booking. I didn't fully understand how it worked. I'm happy and off to enjoy my 4 day weekend

I reached out to a very reputable TA to transfer a booking I made directly with Princess. She said she would discount the fare and/or offer OBC. Fantastic! I give her my booking number expecting an email back with a revised fare or info on the OBC she might offer. I didn't get anything back so emailed her and the response was exactly the same with no info. I just looked at my cruise Personalizer and it shows my booking is now under this TA. I did tell her I wanted to transfer it but would have expected her to give me updated information on my fare and/or OBC. No OBC is showing on the booking and because I transferred it to her I can't see the total fare amount any longer. I guess I'll have to ask for the third time but wondered if this was a typical scenario.

Hopefully the OBC will show up soon although I did have TA OBC show up as a notice in my cabin when I boarded. It never showed on the personalizer and was a surprise when I saw the voucher.

Even if you could still see the fare in your personalizer it wouldn't reflect any discount your TA is offering. The discount is strictly between the TA and you. If you call Princess and ask them they will email you a new copy of your Booking Confirmation that shows the cost of the cruise. It will still show the full cost. I have a cruise booked with a TA who is charging me $900 less than the info Princess has on my booking. Princess will still get the full amount. The TA will actually make the payment but my credit card will be charged $900 less than that.

I would definitely ask the TA to send me confirmation email regarding the OBC and the discount. If you are having trouble getting a response from the TA it's time to look for a new TA. I can call mine and even though he may be across the country his voice mail from the office number is forwarded to his cell and he calls me back right away. I've had him fix things or make changes while he was in Chicago (he lives here in my home town in California) during the evening when he was supposed to be relaxing. He called me from somewhere else to let me know of an upsell offer as it needed to be checked out before it went away. A good TA will take care of you and be responsive. A poor TA is not worth dealing with at all.

Yes, I transferred a booking a few days ago and was also informed of price reduction and OBC from TA. Went into the cruise personalizer two days ago and noticed the 50 OBC from TA but not the 100 OBC from the FCD, so I knew the booking had been transferred to the TA, but since I had no paperwork yet, I did not know the final discount. Yesterday, all paperwork showed up, with a $100 discount, also. Usually it doesn't take that long for my TA to give me an invoice, but I kind of thought it might be due to the $1 pp deposits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OBC that comes out of a TA's commission will not show up on the Cruise Personalizer. Group OBC will though. So, it just depends on where the OBC is coming from whether you'll see it. With the TA OBC, you will normally get a card delivered to your cabin on the first or second day. You can check your onboard account by the Purser's Desk to make sure the credit was applied to your acct.

OBC that comes out of a TA's commission will not show up on the Cruise Personalizer. Group OBC will though. So, it just depends on where the OBC is coming from whether you'll see it. With the TA OBC, you will normally get a card delivered to your cabin on the first or second day. You can check your onboard account by the Purser's Desk to make sure the credit was applied to your acct.

Thanks. I appreciate your thoughts. As I noted she sent me the invoice with her discount. No OBC which is fine. The discount was good.

Big, big sigh though. I should remember that social media isn't private. And, you never know what might happen with what we post. We can't name TA's nor would I if I could have. This is a good TA I've acknowledged that I forgot how busy this week was for TA's so it is my fault for being impatient. I'll be much better next time���� and now I have a better idea of how the transferring thing works which is why I asked the question in the first place.

Newbie here. I have a question. What is the benefit of transferring a booking that was made through princess to a TA? I am totally curious and trying to understand the process. :) Thanks

Did you book less than 30 days ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Newbie here. I have a question. What is the benefit of transferring a booking that was made through princess to a TA? I am totally curious and trying to understand the process. :) Thanks

The benefit is a possible savings of 8-12% on your cruise depending on your TA.

Now I'm curious, what would this have to do with switching a booking to TA?

Because often in order to be paid a commission some TA contracts are written that the booking needs to be transferred within 30 days. Not always the case but the commission being paid is the purpose of a TA excepting a booking transfer. If they aren't going to get paid why would they take a commission.

Because often in order to be paid a commission some TA contracts are written that the booking needs to be transferred within 30 days. Not always the case but the commission being paid is the purpose of a TA excepting a booking transfer. If they aren't going to get paid why would they take a commission.

With Princess, it must be transferred before final payment.

You must be thinking of another cruise line.

We saved 200.00 of our fare by transferring. The money saved will book our Whale Watching excursion.