Carnival Freedom Guys Burger Joint question

I apologize in advance if this has been asked before.

But I've never cruised with Carnival before and still learning the do's and don'ts. But in all the YouTube videos I've seen, the whole Lido deck Main pool area looks like they've got all 1,500 or more passengers on the ship crammed in there on sea days! And they put the Guys burger joint AND the Blue Iguana there!!!

Needless to say, I worry about no seating being available on top of the people who are taking me on the cruise for my birthday,the Cruise Line, and the travel agent that booked me already generously upgrading my Stateroom from a window stateroom to a balcony stateroom!!! So I was wondering, should I want a burger from Guys burger joint or a Blue Iguana Burrito, could I just go through the line and simply request a "to go" container and take my meal to my stateroom to immediately eat it there? Also for what it's worth, I purchased the Unlimited Cheers drink package. So could i also get a drink to go?

No to go containers but you can put another plate on top.

Except for peak breakfast/lunch times, you'll be able to find a seat somewhere. Do not hesitate to ask to share a table.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can take your burgers into the Lido buffet area and sit at one of their tables or booths. That's what most people do if all of the tables are taken by Guy's. I've never paid any attention if there are people drinking alcohol in there or not but I don't see why you couldn't. You can drink anywhere on the ship except for during the life boat drills.

The key, IMHO opinion, to the Lido deck is expect it to be crowded from 9 am -3 pm. This can be minimized a couple of ways. 1) Don't eat breakfast there; go to the MDR and relax; on sea days, I will alternate between a continental breakfast from say Havana bar or the promenade and then have lunch at sea day brunch, or eat breakfast at sea day and then hit lido for lunch. 2) If you want to be around the Lido but not stuck feeling the crowds, go up a deck or two and grab some chairs along the side so you can still hear the music and goings-on and it is a short walk to a bar, if a waiter doesn't pass by timely. 3) Don't try to grab food at prime times - like 12/1230 for lunch - if you don't want a line. 4) If you do grab food from either Guys or Blue Iguana be prepared to walk toward the rear of the ship before you find a table or else return to the privacy of your balcony.

DH and I are not Lido people, but we do like walking the ship both for exercise and to people watch. We love a good guys burger or a taco bowl from Blue Iguana. We also spend a lot of time relaxing on our balcony or in one of the quieter bars. So, when we do venture up to Lido, it's just not a big deal.

But I've never cruised with Carnival before and still learning the do's and don'ts. But in all the YouTube videos I've seen, the whole Lido deck Main pool area looks like they've got all 1,500 or more passengers on the ship crammed in there on sea days! And they put the Guys burger joint AND the Blue Iguana there!!!

Needless to say, I worry about no seating being available on top of the people who are taking me on the cruise for my birthday,the Cruise Line, and the travel agent that booked me already generously upgrading my Stateroom from a window stateroom to a balcony stateroom!!! So I was wondering, should I want a burger from Guys burger joint or a Blue Iguana Burrito, could I just go through the line and simply request a "to go" container and take my meal to my stateroom to immediately eat it there? Also for what it's worth, I purchased the Unlimited Cheers drink package. So could i also get a drink to go?

Basically all drinks are "to go", but no drinks at Guys or Blue Iguana Burrito Bar. But, very close to Guys is Red Frog Rum bar and BlueIguana Tequila bar for drinks. Hit Guys..grab burger....then one of those places for drinks, and away you go, but without a "to go" container. We seem to manage to find seats around the Lido for when we grab a Guys burger, if not, Guys is right next to an entrance to the Lido Marketplace or buffet or whatever its called on Freedom to grab a seat in there.

You can take your burgers into the Lido buffet area and sit at one of their tables or booths. That's what most people do if all of the tables are taken by Guy's.

And if Lido is crowded at the time, remember you can go up the stairs to the "bonus" seating area above the Lido, which is seldom crowded even when the downstairs part is. It's where Ol' Fashioned Barbecue is located, Deck 10 Panorama midships.

You can take everything back to your room including those GREASE bombs burgers.

If you get something to eat from any food station, whether Guy's, Blue Iguana, or any of the buffet areas, you can bring that food anywhere on the ship that is a normal passenger area. From Guy's, you can easily enter the buffet area to find tables and seats if the outside tables are full..

so when you make a burger at home, you take a heavy metal press and squish to death the hamburger. Then, you turn it over and squish it again. Our homestyle burgers are 1/2lb, 1/2" thick and cooked over hot coals, NEVER press a hamburger, cooking 101.