Has princess cancelled future cruise stops in Turkey port?

R&G2getaway

Here's a Cruise Critic article with each cruise line's position on this season's scheduled Turkey calls (updated about 10 hours before this post):

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7102

I see from your post history you are on Royal Princess in September scheduled to call in both Kusadasi and Istanbul. Based on Princess' past performance do not expect any decision on whether they will keep or change those port calls until well after final payment date. And even if the decision is made quickly the notification to booked passengers may not come until mere days before--or even on--embarkation day.

Princess is certainly being besieged with inquires, half from those who want the itinerary to change and half who want it not to. A no win situation for both Princess and you, depending on whether you agree or disagree with the final itinerary; I notice you did not state which side (keep or change) you are on. So by not deciding (or just not announcing the decision) until the last minute Princess ensures the unsatisfied half will not be able to cancel without significant penalty.

Edited by fishywood

Rock and a hard place for the cruise lines. I was on the Royal Princess when it called on June 9 in Istanbul only 2 days after the previous bombing. Whether or not we would or should dock there as well as in Kusadasi was the common dinner topic at our mixed tables. Like many I was pro as this was a prime reason for my booking this trip. A few people who might otherwise have toured elected to stay aboard. This was the one port I opted to use a ships tour to placate the DW and to use up my OBC. We had wonderful tours both places

As of today I would still be willing to visit and tour but as we talked tonight my DW says she would no longer get off the ship at Istanbul if she were currently aboard. It is a call by the cruise lines whether or not to visit that will leave some people angry on either side of the issue.

I suspect that with each passing event the cruise lines will be less likely to dock. It is sad that so many interesting places to visit are being affected in this region, turkey, Egypt, lsrael, Tunisia, etc. I love greece, Italy, Spain and France but like other exotic ports as well.